• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Fire Emblem Smash hero gains your allegiance?

• All Hail King Marth!

• Roy's my Boy!

• I like Ike!

• I love Lucina!

• Count me in for Chrom!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
but you cannot ignore the importance of the First Lord.
I don't see why not.
FF has Cloud rather than the Warrior of Light.

That Nintendo and IS love to push Marth everywhere yet he can't become more popular than Ike who's games sold poorly just seems like their priorities are off a bit.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna get into the Ike debate as I hadn't played his games but how do you explain this guy?

Not trying to be smart I'm curious.
This charlatan can't even Aether.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Even if Ike's sexuality isn't explicit, we're all in agreement that Soren is super gay for Ike, right?

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I know Marth has the best claim to it, but his games (including remakes) are among my least favorite in the series, and he is easily the franchise's least charismatic lord.

Of the choices in the poll, give me Ike. But Hector would sure be fun.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
You made as a joke in the OP the observation I was going to make. Roy was made for Fire Emblem, but for all intents and purposes he's a Smash Bros character. He premiered in Smash. Everyone who likes him likes him because of Smash. All of his memes are from Smash. No one cares about the crossover he had with Fire Emblem.

Roy is a Smash Bros character and as such should not be cut.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
You made as a joke in the OP the observation I was going to make. Roy was made for Fire Emblem, but for all intents and purposes he's a Smash Bros character. He premiered in Smash. Everyone who likes him likes him because of Smash. All of his memes are from Smash. No one cares about the crossover he had with Fire Emblem.

Roy is a Smash Bros character and as such should not be cut.
The last time Roy was cut, the game turned out to be Brawl. Meanwhile Roy is back in the base roster, and it becomes the Ultimate Smash game.

He might be the key to everything. Do we really want to risk another Brawl by leaving out Roy again? Or do we want more Ultimate level Smash Bros?

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
If Roy could use more decloning he can stay.

but otherwise Lucina and Chrom should be like Alph, skins. Change Chrom's Up B or just delete him.

Marth, Ike, Robin, and Corrin are each pretty unique from each other

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
If Roy could use more decloning he can stay.

but otherwise Lucina and Chrom should be like Alph, skins. Change Chrom's Up B or just delete him.

Marth, Ike, Robin, and Corrin are each pretty unique from each other
It'd be pretty easy to further declone Roy, Smash is still ignoring that his sword is capable of long ranged fire attacks.

He's very unique though even with the similar animations. No other sword user in the game is as rushdown focused as he is, he adds a lot because of that.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
It'd be pretty easy to further declone Roy, Smash is still ignoring that his sword is capable of long ranged fire attacks.

He's very unique though even with the similar animations. No other sword user in the game is as rushdown focused as he is, he adds a lot because of that.

Yea I love him which why I want a little more decloning, I like his Jab ans Ftilt, and I like his Up B and Neutral B. I like his Dair

Next step is maybe his side B changed from Dancing Blade to something else

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like Ike's no-nonsense attitude, and he doesn't care about class, race, or species. His statement to the Goddess Ashera was really badass too.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Marth and Ike.

The rest are filler junk that need to be binned at the next available opportunity. Patch them out.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I love him which why I want a little more decloning, I like his Jab ans Ftilt, and I like his Up B and Neutral B. I like his Dair

Next step is maybe his side B changed from Dancing Blade to something else
I want a slow moving fireball.
It doesn't need to go very far, just have low enough startup and recovery so Roy can chase after it while it's out.
It'd give him a more varied approach and pressure, complementing his rushdown playstyle and finally reference the aspect of his sword that's missing in Smash.

But even without that, I'm pretty happy with how he has finally turned out.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Why is no one voting Chrom? 😔
I mean, I haven't unlocked him yet, either, but FE Awakening is awesome.
Ike's games are pretty great too.

Personally I prefer both over Awakening.

Marth also has an amazing game he starts in. Bummer it never released in the West.

Roy probably has the "worst" game. Very unbalanced and he's practically useless throughout the game.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Yes we do!

Isn't Shadow Dragon a remake of his games?
Shadow Dragon is a remake of only the original Fire Emblem game. The DS remake of the second Marth game wasn't released in the West after Shadow Dragon bombed. Which is a shame, since by all accounts it was a massive improvement over Shadow Dragon.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Ike is one of the few protagonists I really like, the others (Ephraim/Eirika, Lynn/Hector) were never made into playable characters. Marth is bland, Roy is mostly bland, Lucina is alright, fuck Chrom. Plus Ike is arguably gay which is +1.

Lynn would have been the best choice for a single representative because she is the protagonist of the first non-Japan exclusive FE game and won the female popularity poll they did when they released FE Heroes (although Ike won the male characters and was in the first non-Japan exclusive console FE so idk there's that too).

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
There's also New Mystery of the Emblem, which never got an English release for its remake and is considered to be the good Marth game.

and now I came to know of this

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Archanea_Saga

Shadow Dragon is a remake of only the original Fire Emblem game. The DS remake of the second Marth game wasn't released in the West after Shadow Dragon bombed. Which is a shame, since by all accounts it was a massive improvement over Shadow Dragon.

I see... a shame indeed

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This probably wouldn't make sense, but if this had to happen I'd want it to be Ike with Marth's moveset and tipper mechanics.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ike is one of the few protagonists I really like, the others (Ephraim/Eirika, Lynn/Hector) were never made into playable characters. Marth is bland, Roy is mostly bland, Lucina is alright, fuck Chrom. Plus Ike is arguably gay which is +1.

Lynn would have been the best choice for a single representative because she is the protagonist of the first non-Japan exclusive FE game and won the female popularity poll they did when they released FE Heroes (although Ike won the male characters and was in the first non-Japan exclusive console FE so idk there's that too).

With minimum revisionist history, Lyn or Hector over Lucina+Chrom would have made a lot of sense. Eliwood not so much, because he's basically Roy. Three Awakening reps and zero Blazing Blade reps is just kind of weird. I wonder if Lyn might have ended up in Smash 4 if the FEH polling stuff happened before characters for that game were selected.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking as someone who has literally never played a second of any Fire Emblem game in my life, I would keep Marth and Ike and ditch the rest. Marth is the face of the series to me, whether earned or not (I guess he's literally only in 1 game for the NES? I don't even know tbh) and Ike is one FE character that I actually like using in Smash Bros. I think he's fun to play and *he* is the one who has really transcended the FE series to become a notable Smash character in my friend group for whatever reason. Like, none of us play FE but we talk about Ike and all like him lol

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking as someone who has literally never played a second of any Fire Emblem game in my life, I would keep Marth and Ike and ditch the rest. Marth is the face of the series to me, whether earned or not (I guess he's literally only in 1 game for the NES? I don't even know tbh) and Ike is one FE character that I actually like using in Smash Bros. I think he's fun to play and *he* is the one who has really transcended the FE series to become a notable Smash character in my friend group for whatever reason. Like, none of us play FE but we talk about Ike and all like him lol

Marth starred in two games, the original FE and a sequel (FE3), and DS remakes of each of those games. So technically he has been in the most games.

Unless you count Anna, who has cameoed in nearly every game. She could have also been a good pick for Smash after being playable in Awakening.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
If I had my way and we were limited to the current number of FE reps, this is what I'd go with:
Marth (Sword - Infantry - FE1/3/11/12)
Tiki (Manakete - FE1/3/11/12/13)
Celica (Magic - Infantry - FE3/15)
Sigurd (Sword/Lance - Cavalry - FE4)
Hector (Axe - Armoured - FE6/7)
Ike (Heavy Sword - Infantry - FE9/10)
Robin (Sword/Magic - Infantry - FE/13)

Fates is so bad it doesn't deserve any representation of course.

monapon

Nov 9, 2017
It has to be Marth. He's the original and has been in the most games. My ideal FE cast would be something like Marth, Celica, Hector, Ephraim, Anna (as a bow user), and Corrin. Maybe throw in Micaiah as a pure magic user to represent Tellius and even out the gender split.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Ike plays entirely differently from all the rest on that list so not sure why he's there while Corrin and Robin sit it out. He should be safe. Marth/Roy/Chrom/Lucina are basically clones so only Marth should live.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
What this poll really says is Chrom was such a superfluous addition. It was like he was put in just to spite those complaining about Fire Emblem characters.

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
Together in 3...2...1...

WE LIKE IKE!

WE LIKE IKE!

WE LIKE IKE!

Ike plays entirely differently from all the rest on that list so not sure why he's there while Corrin and Robin sit it out. He should be safe. Marth/Roy/Chrom/Lucina are basically clones so only Marth should live.

Also, this. We should only be talking about Marth, Roy, Lucina and Chrom who all play waaaaay too similiar.