• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
so Brian David Gilbert is this guy

sonic_bible_thumb_website.jpeg

he's been at Polygon for about a year or so as a video producer and ever since then I've started following Polygon's video output more and more. Not to say that this uptick in me watching is entirely because of his work, as there's been some great videos coming out of Polygon for a while now, but seeing his interactions with the other members and his original videos have got me to watch even more of Polygons other content

he's got a really good natural goofy charm and energy to all of his work, even to his editing. his inter cutting of musical or rhyming segments are always good fun as well.

series like Brand Slam and Unraveled have all been really fun to watch, especially Unraveled, which just started not that long ago and is already one of my most look forward to shows on the channel. I'll go ahead an put a link to the playlist here if you haven't seen it yet
its rare for me to stick with internet 'personalities' unless their name is Woolie, but I feel like this one has been a major boon for Polygon (at least to me)

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about his castlevania monster sexiness ratings, but maybe I just have a very different perspective on romanceable ghouls. The rug creature is easily a top 10 pick for anyone who's a big fan of cuddling under the covers and the trees have great wood

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I've been bingeing his stuff this week too and was about to make this thread lol. Love his work!

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I agree I don't follow polygon outside the occasional article(like the final fantasy one) that gets posted but the guy was funny enough to make me subscribe to their youtube channel.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
He's very talented, I must agree.
In a similar vein, Tim Roger's was a good hire for Kotaku.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Hes basically the bizarro child of kyle bosman and Ian hinck of eza and that's amazing. Brian is doing great work, I loved the zelda timeline and his video about crystal chronicles.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I need to binge his stuff. I stopped following Polygon's output around the same time despite loving it, because my brain is weird and bad, but he seems great and I already was into the rest of them, so...

I'll make some time for it over the holidays whenever I'm not drowning in Giant Bonb's GOTY stuff, I guess.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I never really watched Polygon stuff besides Mcelroy content but this guy popped up in my recommendations and I love him. Is Castlevania's hottest monsters video is so good.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
His personal channel has some great stuff on it, as well. This made me shed a tear:

I didn't start picking up on his presence at Polygon until around a month ago, but yeah, he's fantastic.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
He's great. I was a little worried about the staff bleed with Nick getting fired and the Mcelroy brothers leaving, but Pat and Brian have been great and worked well with the prexisting people.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I do think they miss the McElroys but Brian and Pat are still great. Also Simone is pretty excellent too.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
He is filling the very large, very deep, Griffin McElroy shaped hole that was glaring at Polygon. His stuff has been brilliant.

His personal channel has some great stuff on it, as well. This made me shed a tear:

I didn't start picking up on his presence at Polygon until around a month ago, but yeah, he's fantastic.

Real talk, I have a steady job with a lot of security doing video. I watched this and I was like, "I need to fucking work on my portfolio RIGHT. FUCKING. NOW."

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like him a lot but nothing will ever top Simone's SEO Play. She deserves more series hosting.

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
I like him a lot but nothing will ever top Simone's SEO Play. She deserves more series hosting.

Glad to see some more Simone love. I'm just looking for any excuse to post the video where Simone is playing MGSV for the first time and hasn't quite worked out the controls yet...

Skip to 4:25 if the timelink doesn't work.

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to not map some of McElroy mannerisms onto him and it ends up feeling kind of like the uncanny valley effect. It's not his fault, he's probably doing a great job, it's just a big role to fill.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
He's like the result of Kyle Bosman & Ian Hinck did a fusion dance
Pretty much, lol. I'd love to see him on some of EZA's content in a collaboration (specifically with Kyle) or something someday.

Unraveled got me to realize how great he is, and now I'm making my way through Gill & Gilbert. The video about how he got hired at Polygon is also a treasure.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped paying attention to their video content when the brothers left, maybe I'll have to scope it out again.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been a fan of Polygon's videos for awhile, and BDG was for sure a great hire. Simone and Pat are also treasures.

In addition to the funny stuff, I really like the style of videos they've been doing recently that are just one of them talking about an aspect of a game they really like or are interested in. Like Pat's videos about fighting styles in Spider-man and MGS or Simone talking about the horses in Breath of the Wild.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Don't know him specifically, but I think polygon has been mostly clickbait in the last year or so. Avoided it like ign.

Even Kotaku has surpassed them.

I'll take a look at the playlist though.
Is he better than Tim Rogers?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see some more Simone love. I'm just looking for any excuse to post the video where Simone is playing MGSV for the first time and hasn't quite worked out the controls yet...

That thumbnail is so cute! Do they really duo play the game? I once did that on a first date with GTAV and it went over quite well :).

Oct 25, 2017
Pat Gill and BDG are legends. Love the Polygon show lineup too. Polygon's YouTube is criminally underrated. Griffin McElroy's Pokemon XY nuzlocke on there is genuinely the best let's play ever made

Oct 25, 2017
I still miss the McElroys, but BDG is a fine substitute, I suppose.

I do struggle with the Bosman comparisons. They're both very funny, but Kyle's far more of a misanthropic grump than Brian and outside of maybe some formal similarities (glasses, suit and tie, desk?), BDG's latest series doesn't remind me too much of The Final Bosman. It's far more manic than anything Bosman did. Kyle's brand of chaos is more subtle.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Week in Revue was one of the first things he did and it's a delightful journey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6pnvM96FbA&list=PLvJSu6EjHIY29yXDLFoVh4X_t5_ebec7c

Don't know him specifically, but I think polygon has been mostly clickbait in the last year or so. Avoided it like ign.

Even Kotaku has surpassed them.

It's a bit of a weird thing where their Youtube channel and podcast (Polygon Show <3 <3) feel super distinct from the preview and news stuff on their website. And can be enjoyed pretty independently.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

god i need to rewatch those vids after my SEO rewatch

she is just so fun to listen to