• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/5/31/17394416/e3-2018-rumors-sony-microsoft-nintendo-switch-xbox-ps4

XBOX:
In fact, we've heard rumors that Microsoft could announce up to three Gears games, including a traditional sequel, a real-time strategy title in the style of Halo Wars and a battle royale game. Perhaps the franchise will get traction with the larger user base on Windows 10.

Playstation:
We've heard and read rumors about a handful of unannounced games, like sequels to Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn, along with another remake of a PlayStation classic (maybe Syphon Filter) and an upgraded PlayStation VR headset. But with so many games to promote and ship in the next 12 months, and God of War DLC still a question mark, Sony will probably hold most major reveals for future events.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I'm surprised that that gears rumour has enough legitamacy for polygon to even bother bringing it up. HW2 didn't seem to do very well, so I doubt they'd do a gears variant immediatley after. Also Halo would make more sense for a BR game.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
like sequels to Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn, along with another remake of a PlayStation classic (maybe Syphon Filter) and an upgraded PlayStation VR headset
YxhCJAR.jpg

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Polygon comin in and saying "what if we made an article about nonsense rumors in order to be the most out of the loop journalists in this pre-E3 hype and leaks ?"

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
No hardware announcements from Sony at E3, so I'm not sure what they've been hearing or reading.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THREE Gears of War games.......me and my friends in discord collectively said it and are in hell right now.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe pretty much anything of this article, but holy shit if they actually present THREE Gears of War games, you have to be brave, to put it lightly, to try to pull that off.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Is this just a speculative/prediction piece or is it actually informed by real information? It's hard to tell with the way it is written.

Oct 27, 2017
I always excited for more mainline Gears, but lord help me if I get a Gears of War RTS (love the crap out of the Halo Wars series), this better show up at E3 man haha.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I like Polygon, and Chris Plante as well, but... this is a weird article? At the very least, I feel like its editor should have picked a better headline; a lot of the rumors don't, uh, seem particularly big and they're all sorta vague.

The idea of Microsoft's solution to needing more exclusives being to triple down on Gears is sorta hilarious though.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
THREE Gears games? Really? A Gears real time strategy game? How about a brand new real time strategy IP? Or maybe just money hat XCOM3 as a console exclusive? Probably a better use of your money instead of goddamn franchise fatigue.