• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT| Variant Edition on ResetEra Foil Paper

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's a neat idea, but like the Star Wars Gabz timed edition... a lot of it is referencing existing publicity stills. I guess it makes approval a hell of a lot easier, but it's also makes it kinda boring.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a neat idea, but like the Star Wars Gabz timed edition... a lot of it is referencing existing publicity stills. I guess it makes approval a hell of a lot easier, but it's also makes it kinda boring.
Yeah, the problem with a lot of these is the approval process. It's why the Matt Taylor method is basically the go-to. And yeah, it isn't the most creative, sadly.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale today, at Vice Press and Grey Matter Art, starting at 12pm EST:

Matt Ferguson x John Carpenter series

Escape from New York

They Live

Prince of Darkness

The Fog

Each poster will retail for £50/ $60 or all four can be purchased as a set for the discounted cost of £150/ $190. Each print will be signed and numbered by the artist and the total size of the edition will be based on the number of posters ordered during this period. Each poster is a 30"x40' (inch) fine art print, printed on 250gsm Vitesse Silk Paper.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale tomorrow, 1/15, at Mondo, at a random time:

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES by Paolo Rivera
24"x36" Screenprinted poster, Edition of 225
Printed by Lady Lazarus Press
Expected to Ship in March 2019
Ships to Addresses in US and Canada Only

$50

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES (Variant) by Paolo Rivera
24"x36" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 125
Printed by Lady Lazarus Press
Expected to Ship in March 2019
Ships to Addresses in US and Canada Only

$75

Love the art, but repurposing a comic cover for a Beneath the Planet of the Apes poster... eh...

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale tomorrow, 1/15, at Bottleneck, at 12pm EST:

By The Sea by Kilian Eng
Fine art giclée
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 55
$70

The Puzzle Tower by Kilian Eng
Fine art giclée
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 55
$70

Holly Bowling 2018 Tour by Jim Pollock
Linocut print
12 x 19 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 60
$35

Twiddle - Boston by Joey Feldman
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Signed, hand-numbered, and embossed Artist’s Edition of 20
$45

Twiddlelisa by Joey Feldman
Screen print with hand-deckled edges
18 x 24 inches
Signed, hand-numbered, and embossed edition of 100
$75

Twiddlelisa Gold Foil Variant by Joey Feldman
Screen print on gold foil paper
18 x 24 inches
Signed, hand-numbered, and embossed edition of 20
$100

Twiddlelisa Red Variant by Joey Feldman
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Signed, hand-numbered, and embossed edition of 10
$120

OP
OP
IronRinn
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming these are going up Thursday, January 17th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck. If you've bought any Struzan stuff from them in the past, check your email.

Blade Runner Titled Edition by Drew Struzan
15-color screen print
24 x 36 inches
Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold through Sunday, January 20th @ 11:59PM ET
Special Pricing: $125 unsigned / $175 signed
Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipping

Blade Runner Art Print Edition by Drew Struzan
15-color screen print
24 x 36 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 225
$200
Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipping

Last edited:
OP
OP
IronRinn
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this originally used for some home release set? I can understand him bumping up the size in that case.
Yep.

I began working on this piece of art way back in 1982 when I was commissioned by the Studio to explore concepts for the poster. I did one color comprehensive originally and from that made a few alterations as requested by the Studio. In the end, they did not use my design so I never painted the finished illustration.
In 2001, when Ridley Scott was thinking of releasing a new director's version of the film, I was asked if my original sketch from '82 could be used on the cover. It turned out that this was Ridley's favorite artwork for his film. I went through the usual artist angst, rather than use a comprehensive for the cover, better to use finished art and if I'm going to paint the finish should it be the 20-year-old design or should it be updated. I decided on the latter.

The DVD was produced at long last and this is now the cover (2007).
Most of the covers cut off just above his signature or cut off the top with the Spinner. Or both.

Oct 25, 2017
The Struzan is one of the quintessential pieces of Blade Runner art, but yeah I really hate the title. Will try to get the art print version for sure though.

To be honest, Paul Mann just wrapped up his BR commission and I may be a bit more excited for that one as something that will actually go up on my wall. There are a ton of Blade Runner prints out there (I already have way too many of them) but a surprisingly small number of them have the trifecta of title + credits + likenesses. Paul Mann's has all three in spades imo. And for movie prints, I find myself less and less interested these days in stuff that doesn't have credits. Just feels incomplete.

Last edited:
The Struzan is one of the quintessential pieces of Blade Runner art, but yeah I really hate the title. Will try to get the art print version for sure though.

To be honest, Paul Mann just wrapped up his BR commission and I may be a bit more excited for that one as something that will actually go up on my wall. There are a ton of Blade Runner prints out there (I already have way too many of them) but a surprisingly small number of them have the trifecta of title + credits + likenesses. Paul Mann's has all three in spades imo. And for movie prints, I find myself less and less interested these days in stuff that doesn't have credits. Just feels incomplete.
No credit block = no sale for me. It's a rare print that I'll buy that is missing them and I'm cool with it. There's a few commissions for The Office I'm in that aren't doing full blocks but the prints are looking great. That's the rare exception for me personally.

Oct 25, 2017
No credit block = no sale for me. It's a rare print that I'll buy that is missing them and I'm cool with it. There's a few commissions for The Office I'm in that aren't doing full blocks but the prints are looking great. That's the rare exception for me personally.
Totally agreed. There are exceptions, but on the whole I need those meaty credit blocks. Doesn't feel like a legit alternative movie poster without them.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale tomorrow, 1/18, at Mondo, at a random time:

STEVEN UNIVERSE: Opal by Jack Hughes
12"x16" Giclee Print, Edition of 175
Printed by Static Medium
Expected to Ship in January 2019
Ships to Addresses in US Only
$40

STEVEN UNIVERSE: Rainbow Quartz by Jack Hughes