• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Thursday, September 5th on Mondo:

Herman_TheyLive_Sm_1024x1024.jpg

THEY LIVE by Leslie Herman
18" x 24" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 175
Printed by Lady Lazarus
Expected to Ship in October 2019
Ships to the US & Canada Only

$45

Diamond_ThinRedLine__R_Sm_S_1024x1024.jpg

THE THIN RED LINE by Peter Diamond
24" x 18" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 250
Printed by DL Screenprinting
Ships to the US & Select Countries Internationally

$50

Diamond_ThinRedLine__V_Sm-1_S_1024x1024.jpg

THE THIN RED LINE (Variant) by Peter Diamond
24" x 18" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 125
Printed by DL Screenprinting
Ships to the US & Select Countries Internationally

$65

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Today, Thursday September 5th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck and 5pm BST on Vice Press:

JP-white_1024x1024.jpg

Jurassic Park - White Paper Edition by Chip Kidd
Letterpress with screen printed layer
13 x 10 inches
Signed, embossed and hand-numbered edition of 200
$50/£45 / Set: $95/£75
Co-released with ISH and Vice Press

JP-Red_1024x1024.jpg

Jurassic Park - Red Paper Edition by Chip Kidd
Letterpress with screen printed layer
13 x 10 inches
Signed, embossed and hand-numbered edition of 200
$50/£45 / Set: $95/£75
Co-released with ISH and Vice Press

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Today, Friday, September 6th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck:

IT-Chapter-2low_1024x1024.jpg

IT: Chapter Two by Ann Bembi
Fine art giclée
16 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 100
$40

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my friend were able to get tickets for TWBB, but not Spider-Verse. Ugggh.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I remember missing tickets for Ghost in the Shell and being super bummed out, but we were able to wait in the stand by line for 5 hours to get in. I don't think they have the standby line these days. I also missed Ex Machina at the last con and being pissed but we still had a good time. Hopefully they have a regular that's a timed sale or something. Enjoy the con! This is the first one that I'm not going to.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Damn, sorry to hear that. I remember missing tickets for Ghost in the Shell and being super bummed out, but we were able to wait in the stand by line for 5 hours to get in. I don't think they have the standby line these days. I also missed Ex Machina at the last con and being pissed but we still had a good time. Hopefully they have a regular that's a timed sale or something. Enjoy the con! This is the first one that I'm not going to.
Yeah, I'm hoping they'll do a reg or var (if it's like Ex Machina) online.

But missing the drop still stings. It burns! It went pretty fast.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I've been slowing getting out of the game and I don't miss the sting of losing out on a must have drop. I'm probably planning on trading for the Ansin if it's epic enough. Really the only print I want is a Stout Hot Fuzz and I would be happy to retire from the poster game.Mondo has the license still so I wonder if it's in the works.

Deleted member 32755

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
UK
Some new Arkotype projects avaiable for purchase —

PM151 — DMG-APSJ-JPN
A limited edition lithographic print featuring illustrations of the original 151 Gen 1 Pocket Monsters.

Limited edition of 50 prints
500mm [W] x 700mm [H]
Pantone 877U Metallic Silver ink
Printed on Arjowiggins Pop'Set Sunshine Yellow 170g stock
Hand numbered / embossed
Produced by TEAM

PM151-dia-2_1080x.png

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

FT — AN-500B/R [1+2]
A pair of limited edition lithographic prints inspired by the numerals of Sharp's 'Famicom Twin' console

Limited edition of x25 of each numeral.
400mm [W] x 500mm [H]
Pantone 877U Metallic Silver ink
Printed on GF Smith Colorplan 'Ebony' and 'Bright Red' 170g stock
Hand embossed
Produced by TEAM

FT-1-dia-2_1080x.png

FT-2-dia-2_1080x.png

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

MGS-PB/S3
A set of enamel pin badges based upon the iconic inventory featured in MGS1. The designs have been refactored and draw from the iconography styles of both the Playstation and the Gameboy Color games in the series.

4 Colour Enamel Pin Badge
Limited edition of x50
25mm [W] x 14mm [H] x 2mm [D]
Black rubber clutch
Presented in an anti-static bag

MGS-PB-S3.png

All available at Arkotype katalog.

Additionally - More info / case studies of all of the above projects can be found on the Arkotype website.

Last edited:

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely do not understand the line rules for Mondocon, and I hope everybody going comes away with some good experiences and some rad art.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I liked TLJ, because that Kurtz is pretty nice. One of the few moments I really liked from the movie...I'm sure the aftermarket price is going to be insane though.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
True Enemy by Kurtz is now available. I haven't been paying much attention but having this timed is really cool.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Love the pins from them! Were you able to get any of the 1/100 prints they had with the unique sketch on each?

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
How was being there? Not sure if it had to do with the properties on display or what, but from my (regular) outsider's perspective I was a little underwhelmed by this year's offerings. It at least looked like people had a lot of fun, so that's awesome, and I bet meeting/interacting with favorite artists is always a good time.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The prints were definitely underwhelming. The only one at the store that I thought was good was the Rory Kurtz TLJ, but I'm not a big fan of the movie so it's an easy pass. I think the best print was the Ruas There Will Be Blood. I just wished they added maybe some varnish to the oil. That would've made it pop.

It's fun being at MondoCon, but you're definitely here to spend money. Talking to the artists is cool. But it's also an excuse to just visit Austin and eat. There's a really great food scene here.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, looks like you and others had a good time and that's what (I think!) counts for the most. Also, appreciated you updating the ghost town Discord with some of your photos! I got yelled at once for checking my phone at an inappropriate time when notifications were popping off.

Here's my sole MondoCon pickup, from Static Medium (still on sale there):

Recently discovered her work on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/feliciachiao/?hl=en) and quickly become a fan.

Not a MondoCon pickup, but I also got this yesterday from Spoke Art:

Nikita Kaun is the artist, there's a regular version with the title (Paprika for those not familiar) in English. Liked her 2001 print recently... a movie I should eventually see someday... and picked this one up on a whim.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
Do sticker packs normally have a limited amount available or are they more like timed editions or prints? I've never been that into stickers generally, but I really want to snag a set of these. I don't even know what I'd put them on!

Kerrick

Oct 28, 2017
Can you guys give me some framing tips? Moving into my place and want to make this the main piece and was looking for some frame suggestions.
QfPp6.jpg

And here's what i'm looking to hang:
the-birds-regular_2014.jpg

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
For anyone in NYC or plans on visiting, the Drafthouse that's going to open in the Financial District is going to have a pretty nifty bar: https://drafthouse.com/nyc/news/introducing-the-press-room

Do sticker packs normally have a limited amount available or are they more like timed editions or prints? I've never been that into stickers generally, but I really want to snag a set of these. I don't even know what I'd put them on!
It really depends, but I don't imagine these are being produced in limited quantities.

rinker

Oct 28, 2017
Looking for Rory Kurtz's Officer K mini print from Mondocon - send me a pm if you have one for sale.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up a Ansin Spider-Man foil off eBay and it arrived today. I'm very impressed. My favorite ansin since his GITS foil print. Animation translates to his style very well and the foil gives it some extra oomph. I dig it.