• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Wednesday, November 28th at 12pm CT (along with the soundtrack on vinyl) on Mondo:

Drake_Batwing_Sm-S_1024x1024.jpg

The Batwing by Craig Drake
36"x24" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 275
Printed by Lady Lazarus Press
Expected to Ship in February 2019
Ships to US Addresses Only
$50

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
New Kilian Eng. Been wanting him to release Cursed Forest for a LONG time. Jeez. This month was really bad for spending money.

https://www.candb.com/en/article/159/new-kilian-eng-art-prints.html

EDIT: I had no idea he had worked with that printing company in the past. Kinda like that method of printing TBH. It's sorta the new school sorta gallery stuff that I've been seeing in vegas. Just print on the medium that the customer wants and increase price as the supply goes down. Still sorta ridiculous that Kilian Eng never oversees the actual process or signs any of the work. I mean why can't he show up to sign?

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I guess that's a nice way to pose some questions since I ton of galleries seem to be doing this now with different mediums and sizes for prints to be made on. So for prints I sorta do like the idea that a run is made as needed by the printer and that the consumer should be able to say yes to metal or acrylic assuming the artist has agreed. So much of the time the artist isn't actually proofing. It's a Giclee print.

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
He's in Sweden, or living his life wherever. Most artists can't be flown in from all over the world just to sign some prints, especially considering the rates at which prints are released. APs are usually where artists get their signature/proofing in, and even those aren't always a guarantee, like with Martin Ansin's.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale tomorrow, 11/30, at Mondo, at usual random time:

Francavilla_POTA_Sm_1024x1024.jpg

PLANET OF THE APES by Francesco Francavilla
24"x36" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 250
Printed by Seizure Palace Printing
Expected to Ship January 2019
Ships to Addresses in US & Canada Only
$55

Francavilla_Revenge-R_Sm_1024x1024.jpg

REVENGE OF THE CREATURE by Francesco Francavilla
24"x36" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 275
Expected to Ship January 2019
$50

Francavilla_Revenge-V_Sm_1024x1024.jpg

REVENGE OF THE CREATURE (Variant) by Francesco Francavilla
24"x36" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 150
Expected to Ship in January 2019
$75

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He's in Sweden, or living his life wherever. Most artists can't be flown in from all over the world just to sign some prints, especially considering the rates at which prints are released. APs are usually where artists get their signature/proofing in, and even those aren't always a guarantee, like with Martin Ansin's.

Yea but we're talking about runs of 50 that sell out instantly at $75. Maybe one day he'll show up at d-con.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Mitchell's VERY BIG Sale starts today at 5pm PT and runs through this weekend. Here's the schedule:

Friday 5pm - Remaining Black Boxes

Saturday 10am - All New Prints

Saturday 12pm - Mikeland flat file sale

Saturday 1pm - Star Wars portrait APs

Sunday 10am - Fat Birds flat file sale (2 waves)

Sunday 12pm - Fat Kingdom flat file sale

Sunday 1pm - Food Dudes flat file sale

Sunday 2pm - Marvel and other portraits, Current Mood, Misc.

all times PST

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the Mitchell bird game; only kept a few that I really like that I've put on my walls.
That Japanese Paradise Flycatcher dropping in 10 minutes looks good, though.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
For those that weren't participating in Mike Mitchell's sale event over the weekend, he ended with an announcement saying that sometime next year (around May) he's been working on curating an online art convention called Sofa Con with some notable artists already involved. Not much more detail than that, though he did say it'll be original art (i.e. not pop culture) as the focus.

Anyone buy anything crazy during his sale? Picked up the Woodson (have one of the non-Skully Woodsons done in a similar style which I like a lot), a Lando, and an Eastern Bluebird as a gift. Wiffed on a few other things, and might be silly and buy an Ash portrait this week too.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the Japanese Paradise Flycatcher. Wish I had been around to grab the Woodson. Black Box came yesterday and was more or less what I figured it would be. Will just sell off the stuff I'm not interested in. If you are a fan of Mike's stuff I think it was worth it.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I did see the "spoilers" for the box contents and am pretty excited by a lot of the contents. Certainly good value there if you're a fan, like you were saying. I am bad at selling stuff- maybe sometime I'll get around to it, but anything that I've sold in the past I've sold at cost + shipping like a dummy.

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the new food dude and the cupcake food dude, just missed out on the Tabasco.

Black Box showed up yesterday, still haven't opened it, but I know what's in it. Stoked about the food dude and all the extras type stuff.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
I dig that Deer Hunter poster, too. Durieux is on a bit of an upswing with his solo show and all.

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
Dope frame-up!

I just opened Mitchell's Black Box, it's probably the best "mystery" item any artist in the hobby has done. Like by far.

Also there's a really beautiful Esao print dropping this week!

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah, I dug the Black Box. Really more excited over the non-print stuff. It's nice to see the usual artists branch out and put something else out.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale, Saturday, 12/8, at Nautilus Art Prints, at 1PM EST:

TDH-REG.jpeg

« The Deer Hunter » regular version designed by Laurent Durieux
Format: 24x36 inches / 11 colours / edition 375
Price: €55
Hand numbered and signed by the artist
Ships to Addresses Worldwide excepted US & Canada

TDH-VAR.jpeg

« The Deer Hunter » variant version designed by Laurent Durieux
Format: 24x36 inches / 11 colours / Edition 175
Price: €85
Hand numbered and signed by the artist
Ships to Addresses Worldwide excepted US & Canada

giphy.gif

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still think his muholland drive is gold on paper. I didn't like any of the exclusive prints he did for d-con.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
I have the non variant Ran and love it very much

the variant is so good too though, but was sold out like right before we got to him at mondocon... 2 years ago?

I didn't think they were amazing, but I should have grabbed his warcraft prints he had because that's the only shit ever going to be released for that movie and they were cool

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Thursday, December 6th on Mondo:

Faerber-SOTD-Sm_4f788929-4609-4ff6-b4bc-5106e9998d5a_1024x1024.jpg

SHAUN OF THE DEAD by Logan Faerber
24"x18" Screenprinted Poster, Edition of 225
Printed by Delicious Design League

$45

Faerber-HotFuzz-Sm_0ca3dd08-3177-4007-b506-8bef663e7393_1024x1024.jpg

HOT FUZZ by Logan Faerber

$45

Faerber-TWE-Sm_fd9afb86-2e3f-4b78-85f4-001a639fa56d_1024x1024.jpg

THE WORLD'S END by Logan Faerber

$45

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Those Faerber prints are cute. I'd consider them if I wasn't already 2/3 deep on the Jock series and I got those nice fake cornetto adverts by Andrew Kolb.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit Mondo. Right before Christmas (so I can't afford it) and US / Canada only. Bollocks.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn. Tried to get Isle of Dogs. That Kurtz Taylor Swift looked off to me. I like Taylor Swift and wouldn't pay for that.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the T. Swft. Bought it through the presale in his fan group, though to be honest I'm not sure I'll actually hang it.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Static has the leftover Eng Watcher II prints up. I'm tempted to buy an extra since I accidentally folded a corner but $75 is a lot for a 2nd copy.

EDIT: I did get 2 copies of the Lauren Tsai sketchbook earlier today since I was still a little sore that I didn't wait in line for her print at D-Con. I didn't even realize how large of a fanbase she had because of some reality show/modeling career. Love her style.

https://lauren-tsai.com/products/its-all-for-you-sketchbook-by-lauren-tsai

Last edited:
OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Today, Thursday, December 6th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck:

IJLC_1024x1024.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade by Hans Woody
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 200
$50

reg_proofer_Flat3_1024x1024.jpg

Blade Runner by Zi Xu
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 185
$50

var_proofer_flat3_1024x1024.jpg

Blade Runner Variant by Zi Xu
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 90
$60

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Huh randomly went to Mondo since Hot Fuzz looked super cool and gone in a seconds. LOL. At this point I'm almost thinking about switching to fine art and street art shit. Paying $900 for a print feels shitty but at least I have a damn chance of getting one. also like that Aron Wiesenfeld. Finally something that doesn't look like is running from something.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I like that Indy a lot on Bottleneck, but I think I'm becoming obsessed with credits on movie prints. Anything without them just feels incomplete for me.

Not sure why, I didn't used to be like that, but at this point I'm only interested in stuff that feels like it could actually be an alternative movie poster.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping I could pick up that Esao later at a decent aftermarket price but with a sub-three minute sellout... probably not.

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
I snagged the esao, I think that's my one print for the month. I dont think the aftermarket will be too wild on it, last few have sold out super quick and seem pretty easy to grab for a little over cost.