• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
The SZA and Kendrick track is great
so smooth
giphy.gif

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017

Lol. To be honest, the song she is talking about "Get Free" really does sound inspired by "Creep." Very similar melodically.

Decarabia

Oct 25, 2017
Before we begin, a quick note regarding the scoring system so people don't complain.

Basically, people's votes were assigned points as follows:
1st place - 5 points
2nd and 3rd - 4 points
4th and 5th - 3 points
6th to 8th - 2 points
9th and 10th - 1 point

On songs that ended up with the same number of points, the number of votes was used as tie-breaker. In cases with the same number of votes and points, individual placement was taken into consideration (except for SOTY).

Decarabia

Oct 25, 2017
921Dq8o.png

As expected, the video category didn't exactly set the world on fire, but nonetheless, it's important to see which artists are still putting effort into their videography. The results for Video of the Year are as follows:

1. Boys - Charli XCX (60 points; 14 votes)

2. New Rules - Dua Lipa (52 points; 11 votes)

3. Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift (28 points; 7 votes)

4. Bon Appétit - Katy Perry ft. Migos (20 points; 5 votes)

5. John Wayne - Lady Gaga (16 points; 4 votes)

6. Havana - Camilla Cabello ft. Young Thug (13 points; 3 votes)
7. Love - Lana Del Rey (11 points; 3 votes)
8. Praying - Kesha (11 points; 3 votes)
9. The Gate - Björk (7 points; 3 votes)
10. Green Light - Lorde (7 points; 2 votes)

11. The Story of O.J. - Jay-Z (7 points; 2 votes)
12. Beautiful Trauma - P!nk
Lemon - N.E.R.D ft. Rihanna (6 points; 2 votes)
14. Los Ageless - St. Vincent (6 points; 2 votes)
15. Want You Back - Haim (5 points; 2 votes)
16. Eclipse - Kim Lip
Edible High - Brandy
New York - St. Vincent (5 points; 1 vote)
19. Venus Fly - Grimes ft. Janelle Monaé (4 points; 2 votes)
20. To The Moon And Back - Fever Ray (4 points; 1 vote)
21. Love Galore - SZA (4 points; 1 vote)
22. Chained to the Rhythm - Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley (3 points; 2 votes)
23. It's Okay To Cry - SOPHIE (3 points; 1 vote)
24. Saturn Barz - Gorillaz (3 points; 1 vote)
25. Samaritan - ionnalee (1 point; 1 vote)
26. Nothing Burns Like The Cold - Snoh Aalegra (1 point; 1 vote)

(also, mess that you can only embed 2 videos)

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That Dua Lipa video was dope. I sorta wish they could have done the entire thing in one take like Michel Gondry would have done it 15 years ago.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Both New York and Los Ageless videos are amazing. They really stood out this year, at least for me.

Los Ageless even before I knew there was a video, I sorta anticipated something great since the song is so direct in what it's actually about. The face stretch (a la Brazil) thing actually was predictable but awesome. Strange since the Katy Perry video made me think of the same scene.

https://youtu.be/Bnx95KyQEAA

Decarabia

Oct 25, 2017
r75kNoX.png

As with any other year, 2017 brought us a decent number of new artists, or helped struggling artists get some deserved (?) notoriety. Will it last? We don't know. What we do know is, which were the best ones. Check it out:

1. Dua Lipa (49 points; 10 votes)
4mWR9G0.png

2. SZA (42 points; 9 votes)
CFNyBJI.png

3. Khalid (10 points; 2 votes)
7oe5Gd2.png

4. Cardi B (7 points; 2 votes)
5. Camila Cabello
CupcakKe
Kehlani
SOPHIE (5 points; 1 vote)

9. ALMA (4 votes; 1 vote)
10. Jaira Burns (4 points; 1 vote)

11. Syd (3 points; 1 vote)
12. Sampha
Saro (3 points; 1 vote)

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about Cardi B entirely I guess because she's so famous I don't really think of her as being in the same bracket as the other up-and-comers.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You wouldn't want Nick wrapped around you? At least I know my age is not of concern. ki

I'd rather have the decaying corpse of Madonna around me for the whole eternity than ever touch a single Jonas brother.

Love thyself, sis

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

speedwagen

Oct 27, 2017
UK, London
I haven't read the last 45 pages, but any talk of Pop2? because I think this shit is fantastic, because "you fucked me up like this, but secretly I'm into it though!"

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think Pop2 had a bit of discussion. Shit moves fast here. People were quoting the Cupcakke lyrics a few days ago and people already onto something new. True talk I'm mostly glad I have a breakfast cereal anthem that speaks to my soul. CTC CTC CTC.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read the last 45 pages, but any talk of Pop2? because I think this shit is fantastic, because "you fucked me up like this, but secretly I'm into it though!"
I think Charli was the most discussed thing of December. I preferred #1 Angel over Pop 2, but Porsche is just a great song.

Neptune

Oct 28, 2017
I know my Best Music Video votes were counted, but somehow my Best New Artist nominations weren't included.

giphy.gif