• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That song list is awful and how is anyone honestly looking forward to Madonna music in 2018

The Camila Cabello album is quite good :)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly I didn't vote and if I had voted I would have forgotten to place Charli XCX - Boys, so I am partly to blame

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For my top songs I just put my most listened to lol!

I did that at first, but realized I like some songs that came out later in the year more than some I had been listening to all year. So I had to go back and make some edits before the poll closed. I love that Rih is #1 most anticipated by a wide margin followed by Carly Godrae Jepsen.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, Dua's debut album is really good

New Rules, IDGAF, Blow Your Mind, Be the One etc.

too many bops on a debut album

some underappreciated gems;

Decarabia

Oct 25, 2017
eraBS4n.png

It's finally time to show you which were the albums that had the biggest impact on the PopERA community. In spite of some questionable placements, it's nice to see many artists with different levels of popularity on the same list. Let's hope 2017 was an opportunity for everyone to find new music they feel passionate about. Thanks to everyone for participating! See you next time!

1. Melodrama - Lorde (54 points; 14 votes)

Lorde_-_Melodrama.png

"Lorde keeps proving she's one of the most interesting and talented new artists to show up in the 2010s."

2. Lust For Life - Lana Del Rey (49 points; 13 votes)

LwaAXNb.jpg

"The queen has returned... is that enough?"

3. Reputation - Taylor Swift (33 points; 9 votes)
Taylor_Swift_-_Reputation.png

"She had 2 songs on that album that I could jam too. That's 2 more songs than in past albums I was able to jam too."

4. Pop 2 - Charli XCX (32 points; 7 votes)
ivMLSLA.png

"Just when you thought electro pop was over PC MUZIK and Charli save the fucking day and show this shit still has life in it. Fuck the tropical house/adult contemporary pop trend."

5. Number 1 Angel - Charli XCX (26 points; 7 votes)
Charli_XCX_-_Number_1_Angel.png

"As far as I'm concerned, the best Charli album."

6. Witness - Katy Perry (22 points; 9 votes)
Katy_Perry_-_Witness_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png

7. CTRL - SZA (22 points; 7 votes)
SZA_-_Ctrl_cover.png

8. Masseduction - St. Vincent (21 points; 6 votes)
St_Vincent_-_Masseduction.png

9. Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa (16 points; 6 votes)
Dua_Lipa_%28album%29.png

10. Tove Lo - Blue Lips (14 points; 5 votes)

F3VqQIJ.png

11. DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar (14 points; 4 votes)
12. Rainbow - Kesha (13 points; 5 votes)
13. Take Me Apart - Kelela (13 points; 3 votes)
14. Utopia - Björk (9 points; 4 votes)
15. CollXtion II - Allie X (8 points; 3 votes)
16. World Album - Charli XCX (8 points; 2 votes)
17. Harry Styles - Harry Styles (7 points; 2 votes)
18. American Teen - Khalid (6 points; 3 votes)
19. Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 - Calvin Harris (6 points; 2 votes)
20. Rina - Rina Sawayama
÷ - Ed Sheeran (6 points; 2 votes)

22. More Life - Drake (5 points; 2 votes)
23. Meaning of Life - Kelly Clarkson
Semper Femina - Laura Marling (5 points; 2 votes)
25. Plunge - Fever Ray (4 points; 2 votes)
26. Glasshouse - Jessie Ware (4 points; 2 votes)
27. 4:44 - Jay-Z (4 points; 2 votes)
28. Antisocialites - Alvvays
Awaken, My Love! - Childish Gambino
Beautiful Trauma - P!nk
Feels - Snoh Aalegra
Sounds of Experience - U2
Unwrapped - Faku (4 points; 1 vote)
34. About U - MUNA
Crack Up - Fleet Foxes
Ha*Ash - 30 de Febrero
Humanz - Gorillaz
Reborn Again and Always Starting New - Mondo Grosso (4 points; 1 vote)
39. Big Fish Theory - Vince Staples (3 points; 2 votes)
40. Ride - Loreen (3 points; 1 vote)

41. Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho - Huncho Jack
Perfect Velvet - Red Velvet
SweetSexySavage - Kehlani (3 points, 1 vote)
44. Alice Glass - Alice Glass
Process - Sampha (2 points; 1 vote)
46. Eclipse - EXID
Issa Album - 21 Savage
Season High - Little Dragon
Something To Tell You - HAIM (2 points; 1 vote)
50. Angel's Knock - AOA
Arca - Arca
Silver Eye - Goldfrapp (2 points; 1 vote)
53. American - RuPaul
Kid Kruschev - Sleigh Bells
Luv Is Rage 2 Lil Uzi Vert
Memories…Do Not Open - The Chainsmokers
TLC - TLC
Waves - Rachel Platten (1 point; 1 vote)
59. Always Never Home - Syd
I Know You Hate Me - Tara Carosielli
Now - Shania Twain
The Valley - Betty Who (1 point; 1 vote)

You may now check eveyone's votes HERE.​

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised in the slightest. I think this is a really good top 10. My #1 was Lana. Also really Pop 2 over #1 Angel??!

Edit: also thank you so much for this Decarabia You are the literal best!

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
So Ariana Grande has been very quiet lately. New album rollout expected soon? I am thinking March with a release some time in May.

Chances of it having a horrible ballad with Mac Miller/about Mac Miller? I'm gonna say 100%.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Ariana Grande has been very quiet lately. New album rollout expected soon? I am thinking March with a release some time in May.

Chances of it having a horrible ballad with Mac Miller/about Mac Miller? I'm gonna say 100%.
She's probably cooking something up for this year. I'm think it will be this fall though. That way she can try and have an album be nominated for the Grammys in 2019 and still be promoting it.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
She's probably cooking something up for this year. I'm think it will be this fall though. That way she can try and have an album be nominated for the Grammys in 2019 and still be promoting it.
Hm didn't think of that. Perhaps a new single in May in time for it to be a summer jam with an album release in August?

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Backseat, Tears, Porche >>>>>>>>>>>>> anything on #1 Angel.

I didn't vote (shame on me) but if I did POP2 would probably be my #1.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Hi. First time poster here on PopERA (and I used to lurk sometimes on PopGAF) but I just really wanted to share this new music video from Noah Cyrus. It's called "My Way" and is a collaboration with EDM duo One Bit. It's a booty-poppin' energetic song and I am in love with this weird music video right now. I hope you all enjoy it.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hi. First time poster here on PopERA (and I used to lurk sometimes on PopGAF) but I just really wanted to share this new music video from Noah Cyrus. It's called "My Way" and is a collaboration with EDM duo One Bit. It's a booty-poppin' energetic song and I am in love with this weird music video right now. I hope you all enjoy it.

Welcome! Faves, please?

I'll use this, btw.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly in her short career Noah has already produced more bops than Miley

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! And sure, some of my faves include Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Dua Lipa, Charlie Puth, Lorde, ALMA, Charli XCX, and Kesha.
Honestly, anything that sounds catchy with a nice voice and a good beat is good in my book.

Welcome sis! Your faves are good overall, especially in regards to the Ariana, Lorde, and Charli nods.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those who stan Fourth Harmony (we all know who you are), their own Normani Kordei will have a song with Khalid on a movie(Love, Simon) soundtrack called "Love Lies"

Troye Sivan who recently released a single "My My My" will also have a song on it called "Strawberries & Cigarettes"

Decarabia

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to the leak earlier this week. It's cute and catchy, especially the chorus, but this country inspired pop trend among the pop girls needs to stop.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see both Dua Lipa and Tove Lo in the top ten here. Both released great albums imo. Rest of the list is nice, too. Charli was the overall winner for me this year.

Anyone else really looking forward to hearing more Kim Petras? Only knew of her after listening to "Unlock It" on Pop 2 (what a song!) and even though she has only released a handful of songs as of now, they are all great. Even checked out some live stuff and damn she can sing.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I like Kylie, this song is... bland?

The mixing sounds weird as well, as if they cranked up the bass to make up for the lack of a crescendo. It kind of makes everything sound muffled, which makes a bland song sound even more bland.

Maybe it will click with me later. The melody is nice and catchy, but I fear I'll need a remix to properly enjoy it.

Fingers crossed the rest of the album will be more inspired.