• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
That's obviously not the point. Now he has caused even people on the left to potentially cast doubt on anyone who comes forward.

The point is our society is not one that particularly believes victims at face value in the first place (especially those who aren't as high profile as Jussie), so the idea of "taking the cause back years" reads as a bit erroneous to me.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I meant more I am cackling at his whole "I didn't need MAGA to add to as the cherry to the top of a racist Sundae" to make it sound believable in an interview... but Kii. I mean talent in KPOP was more believable then this. But go off a bit sis.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I meant more I am cackling at his whole "I didn't need MAGA to add to as the cherry to the top of a racist Sundae" to make it sound believable in an interview... but Kii. I mean talent in KPOP was more believable then this. But go off a bit sis.

I am gay and I literally could not decode what you were trying to communicate with this post

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The point is our society is not one that particularly believes victims at face value in the first place (especially those who aren't as high profile as Jussie), so the idea of "taking the cause back years" reads as a bit erroneous to me.
Agreed completely, we been knew these people (including The Usual Suspects in-thread) weren't believing victims and were voting trump just like they did in '16.

I typed a longer post elsewhere so I'll just copypaste it: The hot take of the week is "victims won't be believed now". Meantime look at any rape thread any given week, or the R Kelly threads from just this week, that wouldn't be possible if victims were believed even half the time.

The vast majority of people who didn't believe this already didn't believe any of the stories from victims I've posted in this post, already didn't believe Terry Crews, already didn't believe Bjork or Rose McGowan, already didn't believe Ashley Judd or Asia Argento, already didn't believe journalists like Ronan Farrow who took the time to listen and gather and publish reports. And in addition to them, there's a noticeable portion of people who did believe, and simply didn't care, because they just wanted to be entertained by the movies or music or books or comedy shows/tours or presidential campaign speeches* the accused made and didn't want something they deemed so minor affecting their ability to enjoy it.

(*Don't think I'd neglect to mention that part. Everyone who voted for him in '16 either didn't believe his accusers, or didn't care and could ignore it, and they'll do it again in '20, because the people who were already voting or going to vote for him were going to vote for him no matter what. It's pure fallacy to believe otherwise)

What I haven't mentioned, what might be worse, and what we've seen recently in increasingly frequent fashion, is when they are believed, and some people really do care...But it's only briefly. Temporarily. Louis CK got to take a vacation and came back to people loving/defending his un-PC tour. Bryan Singer's first film since the accusations finally got mainstream attention...now has Oscar nominations and has made over $854mil worldwide currently. It took R Kelly months after a nationally aired documentary made his horrors mainstream news again to get him arrested. But yeah, now's totally for sure really going to inspire the time victims feel unsafe to share their stories, or are afraid nobody will believe them, or think/fear/know no justice will come

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
The same way no rang for you when I wasn't addressing you initially, and then also had the nerve to tell me I was "yelling at no one" and that I missed the point? Lol thanks for playing

And thank you miss Sweeney Swift for actually understanding the point!
I don't need to be rung for. The House is already mine. But please continue to devalue Smollet's crime against my community. It's cute.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
"The House is already mine." okay game of thrones, you're cancelled in a few months anyway

"But i'm the real victim" I know honey, you posted a Halsey song on this very page, clearly your deafness is going to take time to recover. hope the rest of your magat family takes good care of you in the meantime. I sure as fuck Will Not

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
"The House is already mine." okay game of thrones, you're cancelled in a few months anyway

"But i'm the real victim" I know honey, you posted a Halsey song on this very page, clearly your deafness is going to take time to recover. hope the rest of your magat family takes good care of you in the meantime. I sure as fuck Will Not
Bye.