• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
I didn't even know this existed haha, I'm an experimental music producer. Took a 3 year break and launching under a different name but man glad to know theres a pop music thread!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Horny Legend Tove Lo is back after the phenomenal Blue Lips: Lady Wood Phase 2 with a new single

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Had this song stuck in my head for DAYS after watching the episode. Finally had forgotten about it when I see it pop up on YouTube and now I'm stuck playing it on repeat 😭

🎵 Hey I'm a hoe 🎵

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THE QUEEN CHARLI RETURNS:

PDFd1tY_d.jpg

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
All these featured artists are making my eyes do the anime-shine thing, gosh. AND she's sending us to 2099 so we can escape this hellscape of a present. I'm ready.

Last edited:

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I went to the Spice Girls concert in Sunderland last week. It was amazing. The girls look pehnomenal. Better than during the 90's lol.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Charli xcx IS pop music tbh
the other girls could cease to exist and as long as she still produces I'd be content

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of alt-pop, there's a new Kindness album on the way!

01 Sibambaneni
02 Raise Up
03 Lost Without [ft. Seinabo Sey]
04 Softness as a Weapon
05 Hard to Believe [ft. Jazmine Sullivan]
06 Who You Give Your Heart To [ft. Alexandria]
07 Samthing's Interlude
08 Dreams Fall
09 The Warning [ft. Robyn]
10 Cry Everything
11 No New Lies [ft. Cosima]
12 Something Like a War [ft. Bahamadia]
13 Call It Down [ft. Cosima and Nadia Nair]

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Going to Charli's concert on Sept 20. Sad it aint Rina or Dorian aint on my show but Tommy is pretty good from what ive been listening so far.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tommy cash has some good tracks

Obviously there's delicious from Pope 2 but I really like DOSTOYEVSKY, HORSE B4 PORSCHE and COOL 3D WORLD from his album

Wait unless you mean tommy the woman in which case also yas, stream daddy or 100 bad charli xcx remix

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Tommy cash has some good tracks

Obviously there's delicious from Pope 2 but I really like DOSTOYEVSKY, HORSE B4 PORSCHE and COOL 3D WORLD from his album

Wait unless you mean tommy the woman in which case also yas, stream daddy or 100 bad charli xcx remix
Its Genesis so yeah 100 slays

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stereogum has a weekly column where they discuss pop music, and this week they focused on Kim Petras. It's a bit of a review of her new album and a small think piece on her work with Dr. Luke.
In a thoughtful essay for Pitchfork last year titled "What Does It Mean To Be An Apolitical Trans Pop Star?" trans writer KC Clements reckoned with the complexities of Petras' situation. Clements struggled with the way Petras has distanced herself from the trans community, opting not to speak out on trans issues and telling the New York Times, "I don't care about being the first transgender teen idol at all." As a cisgender person it's not really my place to debate Petras' approach to those situations. But we all must make our own calculations about how to process music by people accused of misconduct, which brings us to the other aspect of Petras' career that has raised concerns: her ongoing partnership with Dr. Luke.
What do you do with a song like that when one of its key architects has been accused of consistently villainous behavior? If you are Petras, you wave off the allegations. "I would like my fans to know that I wouldn't work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not," she told NME last year, before sharing a more nuanced statement that acknowledged other people have not shared her positive experience with Dr. Luke. Ultimately the criticism Petras has faced has not dissuaded her from working with Gottwald — her debut full-length project Clarity is out tomorrow, and once again every song is a Dr. Luke production.
Clarity unquestionably will hit the spot for pop fans seeking that next rush. Less clear is how to engage with it given the accusations swirling around its central producer. How, when, and why to separate the art from the artist: These are questions that haunt every conscientious music fan, and they will probably dog Petras for as long as she continues to work with Dr. Luke. Their arrangement is a hypermodern devil's bargain: Petras gets top-notch pop songs out of it, but in doing so, she is likely hurting, offending, and ultimately alienating a sizable chunk of the listeners who'd appreciate them.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves her work, I had no idea on her trans politics stances. Dr. Like I did know, though, and that's absolute trash

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trans thing was a long time ago, in the past year or so she has been much more vocal about being a trans pop star. Just go look at her twitter.

No defence for dr puke though!