• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This evisceration...

image0.gif

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd love to see a comprehensive list of Never Really Over's stream and spin climb. I remember it being met with a lot of silence, but it seems to have grown significantly since. My office radio plays it what seems like almost hourly, and my friends have been playing it in the car and whatnot.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Both of the new songs are amazing. The craftsmanship that Danny has produced on the tracks released so far is stunning. Caroline clearly was inspired from her work with Charli on Tears, which is the song that moulded what Pop 2 would eventually become. Fitting that Caroline's solo debut is a matured sound that has taken Future Pop to the next level.

I'm perched for this album and her eventual tour. I need to hear these songs live.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Both of the new songs are amazing. The craftsmanship that Danny has produced on the tracks released so far is stunning. Caroline clearly was inspired from her work with Charli on Tears, which is the song that moulded what Pop 2 would eventually become. Fitting that Caroline's solo debut is a matured sound that has taken Future Pop to the next level.

I'm perched for this album and her eventual tour. I need to hear these songs live.
How was Charli live tho?

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was Charli live tho?

Oh, she went off. Even though Pitchfork was a festival set, it is the first US show for her Charli tour and she had her whole stage setup with glowing cubes. She opened with Track 10 and went into Blame It On Your Love, which was cute. Gone was great live but things really went crazy when she played Vroom Vroom. Gays basically started a mosh pit. She played nothing before the PC music era, except for I Love It. Lol But she gets a pass since that's her song and it fits the dance vibe. Brought out CupcakKe for Lipgloss!

Robyn was right after her as the headliner and kinda sucked. I saw Robyn's recent tour and it was amazing in a venue setting, but for a festival trying to be artsy with her set up and playing some of the slower songs from Honey just do not translate well for a festival set. It was basically her same show except for a few songs cut. We ended up leaving Robyn's set early because it just didn't compare to what Charli did right before, which basically brought the best pop performance Pitchfork Music Festival has ever seen.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to see a comprehensive list of Never Really Over's stream and spin climb. I remember it being met with a lot of silence, but it seems to have grown significantly since. My office radio plays it what seems like almost hourly, and my friends have been playing it in the car and whatnot.
One of the best songs released this year. Katy did THAT.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really out of touch with music and I've overheard a song while in restaurant or in a shopping center, I guess a vocally very strong female pop song, sounded like Rihanna from the voice but I wasn't sure. I don't remember anything but the melody of the chorus and I've tried recreating this here:

https://onlinesequencer.net/1189605

Anyone knows the song?

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I'm really out of touch with music and I've overheard a song while in restaurant or in a shopping center, I guess a vocally very strong female pop song, sounded like Rihanna from the voice but I wasn't sure. I don't remember anything but the melody of the chorus and I've tried recreating this here:

https://onlinesequencer.net/1189605

Anyone knows the song?
I know for sure it's a Sia song but I can't remember the name of it. :/

It's definitely recent though, I heard it on the radio.

EDIT: found it

OT: VMA's are irrelevant but I hope TayLORD sweeps!

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I finally got to watch Carly Rae Jepsen perform live yesterday and it was everything I wanted and more. Her concert was nothing but fun, and her setlist was great.

Queen CRJ. <3

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Robyn is one of the greatest pop stars ever.

Her concert ends with the deadly trio of "Dancing on My Own", "Missing U" and "Call Your Girlfriend."

That's how you end a damn show.

Touchdown

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Lil' Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus. I look forward to many more future hits and years on the charts.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
No wonder Beyoncé is flopping with the shitty Gift. It's trash and filled with crap.

I want a "normal" Beyoncé album.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CHARLI XCX IS THE POPSTAR OF THE FUTURE.

Thank you, Taylor Swift, for making Charli realize she can't be the opener anymore.
Increasingly, Charli has come to realize that those same diehards might be all that matter to her. This became especially clear when she played more than 50 stadiums around the world with Taylor Swift last year. Those truncated opening sets starting at 6 p.m. were a far cry from the late-night shows in cramped, crowded venues where the Angels have grown accustomed to seeing her. "I'm really grateful that [Taylor] asked me on that tour," Charli says. "But as an artist, it kind of felt like I was getting up on stage and waving to 5-year-olds."

The performances served a purpose, though: It made Charli decide to never open for anyone again. "I've done so much of it, and it really cemented my status as this underdog character, which I like now," she says. "But I need to just own my own fucking shit finally."

She made Pop 2 in 2 weeks:
Adding to the intimacy of the record is the way it was made: Charli and her frequent collaborator, PC Music's A.G. Cook, rented a house in Los Angeles and worked for three months—the longest she's ever spent on an album. For comparison, her last full-length project, 2017's Pop 2, was recorded between parties over just two weeks in New York City.
YOU'RE A STAR TO ME, CHARLI
As we stand in this cultural wasteland, sharing a moment of awkward silence before deciding to part ways, I'm reminded of something Charli admitted during lunch. "Sometimes I don't understand why I'm not bigger than I am," she said, breaking eye contact and looking at the empty space to my right. But like most of Charli's downs, it was quickly followed by an up. "I feel very comfortable in my section of pop," she continued. "I'm beginning to feel like the people who know, know. And the people who don't? They wouldn't get it anyway."

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Charli since the Taylor stans basically sicced themselves on her.

What a trashfire of a fanbase.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
That new Katy Perry song is good. Never thought I'd say that in the year of our lord 2019. Katy is 2 for 2 so far.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Miley Normani and Charli all delivered with dividends tbh
Normani I am ready to stan
MIley I hope shes good, song does not sound healthy lyrically
And Charli tbh conquer the world because I'm ready for everyone else to catch up

OP
OP
Royalan

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Normani brought back (good) choreography to Pop music videos.

The song is, sadly, kind of "bla", but the video is amazing. And for that I stan.

I mean...

0x956kE.gif

TwKZfqC.gif

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I admit, I was listening to that imagining they were coronated as leaders of the new gay communist regime, stepping on the knuckles of their enemies in heels as this was playing. 💁🏻‍♂️