• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caroline has done it again and released another outstanding video. Pang is going to snatch up AOTY with ease.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Door but having listened to the subsequent singles I feel like I should wait for the album and listen to it as a whole. Should I bite and watch/listen now? :^o

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Door but having listened to the subsequent singles I feel like I should wait for the album and listen to it as a whole. Should I bite and watch/listen now? :^o

I've definitely overplayed Door and Ocean of Tears. They're godly and unlike anything else in the pop world this year. But the video is super cute, worth a watch.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive definitely overplayed Door and Ocean fo Tears. They're godly and unlike anything else the the pop world this year. But the video is super cute, worth a watch.
I've just been watching the highlights she posted on Instagram on mute haha :') I think I'm gonna wait until the album drops but might cave if I wanna treat myself.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Hey PopERA, you're alright in my book.

Slayyyter is full of bops but the cover makes me uncomfortable listinening to it in public on my phone. These are the struggles of the white cis man.

The cover would make people think that I'm either straight, which the society accepts, or gay, which I know I am. It's all good.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
New Loreen tomorrow. I love her beautiful howls!*

I also feel like Kesha might drop something tomorrow just by the amount of pics she's been posting recently.

*legit - no shade

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Were you really at work?
I was wondering the same
giphy.gif

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Best classified as " Art Pop" this is one of the best albums of the year ( with the reviews to back it up ). I recommend it to anyone who loves Aimee Mann/ Joni Mitchell/Carole King. The talent on display here absolutely buries so much of the forgettable, interchangeable " Boppy" music out there these days.

Citing her influences :

"I loved movie soundtracks as a kid. Stevie Wonder played a lot in my house, among many other things – Enya, Jeff Buckley, XTC, Joni Mitchell. Always felt close with singers of the transcendent variety. These days I'm basically influenced by the same things, except less movie soundtracks and more classical."

Tl;DR : listen to this album and remember that " Pop" music is a huge genre with much, muuuch more to offer than " It's full of Bopzzzzzz!!!!!"

Neptune

Oct 28, 2017
Best classified as " Art Pop" this is one of the best albums of the year ( with the reviews to back it up ). I recommend it to anyone who loves Aimee Mann/ Joni Mitchell/Carole King. The talent on display here absolutely buries so much of the forgettable, interchangeable " Boppy" music out there these days.

Thanks for this recommendation! I hadn't heard of Weyes Blood before, but now I've listened to both this and her previous album and loved them both.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In another world feb 2017 is a full-length track but for now I'll take yaeji's chopped up vocals in the pre-chorus and Clairo repeating I feel like crying
my fave track from charli. perched for sky's new album
I literally started playing this song and opened this thread in another tab and saw this as the first post :0 I kinda slept on it my first few listen throughs but now I'm in love with Sky's voice

Touchdown

Oct 25, 2017
oh the spotlight is on us.

Proceed with Caution. (Now available on your favorite music streaming service, soon to be nominated for Best R&B Album, Best Album)

c7d525518d.gif

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
PopERA, I think you're awesome. I lurk this thread on occasion and have found some quality taste here. Thank you always for sharing.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
No one is talking about the new art pop Queen who just release an AOTY contender today?

From The Guardian review

" ...it's an album that keeps taking ostensibly recognisable musical forms and twisting them out of shape into something challenging and intriguing."

From the ROLLing Stone review:

"goth-folk drama queen tendencies... (an album) as visceral as it is complex, and it ranks among the best sounding records this year, deserving to be cranked on a good sound system — an album to spend time with, to fall into, to shut up and let yourself be kissed by."

Amen would agree , that was a fantastic listen, that's what im talking about. Yet another artist I had no idea about that I'll now follow thanks to a rec in a music thread.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh the spotlight is on us.

Proceed with Caution. (Now available on your favorite music streaming service, soon to be nominated for Best R&B Album, Best Album)
I listened to this a lot when it came out, genuinely loved it. Played GTFO the other day and it hasn't aged a day. Still only dipped my toes into her past discography tho