• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for re-uploading the videos. Sorry dude, just because you deleted the clips doesn't mean this will go away. Truly idiotic stance from him, this is awful.

Oct 27, 2017
Another white male streamer/let's player is a piece of shit?
giphy.gif

I mean... You say that as if most white males are pieces of shit... Lol

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not really, but even if he did, how is that your business? I'm sure we've all have had stupid ass opinions at some point.

Well...yes he did. The videos are in the OP.

The "everybody has said dumb things" goes out of the window when you are talking about sexual assault and pedophilia.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Strange another case of a content curator turning out to be an irredeemable piece of shit

Maybe

Maybe there should be like, background checks for people before you have them promote your content so like youre aware of them may or may not being a piece of shit.

Like thank GAWD this wasn't YouTube, maybe something can actually be done

What? You can't background check for stupid.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this all a bit grandiose for some nobody having a gross opinion on the internet?

Dude is bad and should feel bad. Why not leave it at that?

And wait. Kevin Spacey molested a child? News to me.
Kevin Spacey is an alleged creeper who propositions some of the younger staff on film and TV sets. He's not a child molester.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Dude said some dumb shit, who cares. No need to hunt him down. Not worth your time.

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand some people's need to run interference for people that are accused of heinous shit, especially if they don't have any connection to them.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is being hunted. That is a stupid thing to say. He broadcast it to the entire internet. When you hunt things, you have to go out and find them. They don't deliver themselves to you.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
This guy has been a shitty streamer for a while. He says a lot of rude stuff and acts like a douche to people.

Wasn't he the one that had a 'troll' raid where he took an LFG guy on a raid to clear it and then they all kept 'troll' wiping on purpose and wasted a lot of the guys time.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody is being hunted. That is a stupid thing to say. He broadcast it to the entire internet. When you hunt things, you have to go out and find them. They don't deliver themselves to you.

Right. Plus the whole thing about witch hunts is that witches aren't real and all the accusations against them were straight fabricated.

This dude definitely said the things people are mad at him for saying. It's on tape!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

i had no idea.

And THIS is how I hear about Kevin Spacey!

tearfully adds name to miles long laundry list.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Another "content creator" turns out to be a total shit?

I'm not shocked. Hopefully soon enough, the people who do this stuff professionally will figure out how NOT to say terrible shit while they're on stream. Like, it's your job.

Why are some of these streamers so bold and edgy? Just play your damn games and entertain us.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
In a typical witch hunt, the accused doesn't put on a pointed hat, jump on broomstick,fly around, and turn people into frogs while wearing a big neon "WITCH" sign before the accusation. At that point, saying that person in a witch isn't a witch hunt, it's just acknowledging the thing you are seeing.

OP
OP
BMW

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He deleted his tweet after new video evidence surfaced. Pathetic POS.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does the color of the man's skin have to do with this?

I mean... You say that as if most white males are pieces of shit... Lol

It's not only about being a sexist but all that racist shit from other YouTubers and Streams and whatnot.
Way too often this "I don't want women in here" or "People of color don't make sense here because of history".
And with all the GG and Alt-Right associations nowadays, that is why I choose my wording.

And no, I'm not a women or of color and that's irrelevant, imho

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
While there's an alt-right connection with gaming through Gamergate and the alt-right is rooted in white supremacy, I think saying "of course a white streamer is racist" isn't helping as the whiteness isn't the cause of the problem.

One cause of the problem is that gaming has long targeted a particular demographic, and as gaming becomes more inclusive, they feel threatened. That allows them to be preyed on by these white nationalists who want them to feel like they're secretly the real persecuted class in society and that everyone who says otherwise is lying. Although I don't know if that has anything to do with this particular case to be honest, but it's something that's happening.

More specific to this case is sexism rather than racism, though, and that has its own history. I don't think that's limited to white culture. This sort of victim blaming, as well as things like the notion of a "model victim" have always been hurtles to accusers here,.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
What kind of job security do you have if you're a "second tier" Destiny streamer?

Like, I feel like you're not important enough to make these kind of stupid hot takes and get away with it. His sponsors could just drop him like it's nothing, find a million others to take his place. Presumably ones who don't try to handwave pedophilia.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why am I not shocked yet another streamer says something stupid? Companies need to be more selective when it comes to who they sponsor.
Are we? Remember how many huge Twitch streamers took it upon themselves to defend PewDiePie saying the N-word? They are all cut from the same cloth of stupidity.

Oct 25, 2017
Upstate NY
I don't watch this guy, but wow. I have no idea how he thought blaming the 14 year old victim (at the time), and basically saying some of these sexual power plays are stories that don't deserve to be told. If the victim was him, or perhaps someone in his family, I'm sure he'd feel extremely different about it. But, that's internet culture, I guess. So many 'hot takes' are reactionary instead of thought out.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Kevin Spacey allegations are troubling. I think his "defense" is also troubling. I do not, however, think trying to weaponise a forum to launch a harassment campaign against some random fool on the internet is a good idea, or something that should be encouraged.

Complaining to Bungie on your own? That's one thing. More power to you.

Trying to rally other people to participate in an online outrage campaign en-masse? That very easily spirals out of control. Lest we forget the Allison Rapp business from not so long ago. Or literally any other internet harassment campaign that totes seemed morally justified at the time.

Defending rape = bad. Harassment campaigns = also bad.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch this guy, but wow. I have no idea how he thought blaming the 14 year old victim (at the time), and basically saying some of these sexual power plays are stories that don't deserve to be told. If the victim was him, or perhaps someone in his family, I'm sure he'd feel extremely different about it. But, that's internet culture, I guess. So many 'hot takes' are reactionary instead of thought out.

Certain attitudes to sexual assault and rape which some of us might think are awful are actually really common. When I was in high school, I had friends recount a story they heard about a guy who was taken advantage of by a woman at a party and sued, and my friends were laughing because they thought it was ridiculous that a man wouldn't be happy in that situation. I've seen that opinion on the Internet too, but I heard it in real life first.

I can see a similar situation here, where the guy just genuinely believes this stuff, and thinks of it as a matter-of-fact truth that no one should be surprised to hear.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
This is disgusting. I don't want this guy to be associated to one of my favourite game and franchise. I hope his sponsors and Bungie will say something about this. The internet can raise stars quickly and it can bring them down as fast and as gloriously.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Calling an asshole out for defending the alleged rape of a 14yr old child (and who is also trying to deny and delete evidence of saying such things) is not a harassment campaign.
How does it meaningfully differ -- from an eagle eye view -- from the campaign to get Allison Rapp fired from Nintendo for "defending paedophilia"? You can argue, "But she didn't actually defend paedophilia!", but it doesn't matter. The people trying to get her fired were convinced, and largely still are convinced, that she deserved to be fired and got what was coming to her. Most online activism is harassment in a nice suit. There are far more delicate and sensible ways to handle this kind of thing than trying to rally a posse.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how many subscribers on twitch does this guy have? going by his twitter followers and youtube subscribers, not a huge amount.

if we're going to rag on anyone with that kind of online presence that's said some bad shit we're gonna run out of bandwidth pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.