• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I mean, It's basically fate that they quickly became my favorite Star Wars critter
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/12/t...ffins-which-the-film-crew-couldnt-get-rid-of/
Isle Skellig Michael has a considerable Puffin population, so they re-imagined all the puffins as Porgs.

Porgs
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Puffins
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

I'm sure many of you know this already, but it is an incredibly important fact that more people need to be aware of.

Baby Yoda ain't got shit on space puffins.

Last edited:

kittenbreath

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that Rian Johnson cut out Luke's third lesson and all of Finn's interactions with stormtroopers to save time, but kept in an entire subplot about Chewie becoming friends with a bird

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
What the hell is "Ilse Skellig"? There are two Skelligs islands, Skellig Michael and Skellig Beag, or Little Skellig.

And yeah, the town you take boats from to get to the Skelligs is called Portmagee and for the Star Wars festival they have down in that area of the country since the new films, they rename the town to "Porgmagee" -

porgmagee-sign-may-the-4th-portmagee-county-kerry-ireland-T5C24Y.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
What the hell is "Ilse Skellig"? There are two Skelligs islands, Skellig Michael and Skellig Beag, or Little Skellig.

And yeah, the town you take boats from to get to the Skelligs is called Portmagee and for the Star Wars festival they have down in that area of the country since the new films, they rename the town to "Porgmagee" -

porgmagee-sign-may-the-4th-portmagee-county-kerry-ireland-T5C24Y.jpg
Its me mispelling isle, and it's specifically Skellig Michael

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
Porgs are the best thing the sequel trilogy came up with. The newest film took a cowards stance by leaving them out. Like it's obvious that one would be chewie's new pet while piloting the falcon.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
It might please you to know that in canon, according to the TROS visual dictionary, Porgs have now spread far and wide throughout numerous planets in the galaxy due to stowaways on the Falcon

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Puffins are better though. Love puffins.
Currently, there is a small ceramic puffin figurine sitting in front of me, he sits in front of my monitor,
A plush puffin sitting on my bed who my friend gave to me after her holiday in Ireland,
And a plush puffin from Epcot disney world that sits in my car to protect it, he hath be dubbed "The Protection Puffin"
giphy.gif

Puffins are ok... I guess.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're more guinea pigs than puffins. The jaw works the same way. Similar tongue and the only diff is they're more hurry and upright. Put them in all fours and reduce the eyes a bit and you're a cavy!

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I hated porgs at first but then I learned they were just a way to cgi puffins out of shots I thought they were ok.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

I was down there over the summer when we visited Ireland. Beautiful country. Didn't make it to the actual island from the movie, but got some good views of it.