• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

ll41uYa.jpg

LxpAZ4t.jpg

RUxpymY.jpg

yfi9obe.jpg

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microïds issued a patch for Gear.Club Unlimited 2 that fixed the game-breaking bug I mentioned earlier. It's cool, they got it done pretty fast.

DwUjgm3VYAAy9ai.jpg:large

DwUiatZUUAE138_.jpg:large

DwUiltVVAAES53S.jpg:large

DwUi6Z2U8AUER_x.jpg:large

DwUirwAUwAAGiWZ.jpg:large

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Mario Kart 8 is one of the best looking Nintendo games ever! And I can't believe I'm playing this awesome game on a Handheld system with the same graphic quality. I wonder how Nintendo could improve the next MK visually...

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch (Undocked)

DwBFPd_UUAA4GGa.jpg:large

DwC6OS2U8AAM8C0.jpg:large

DwBFPeKVAAAM5sl.jpg:large

DwC5cS2VYAI9rkd.jpg:large

Nov 3, 2017
I am honestly blown away by Warframe in portable mode on the Switch (and did you know this game has an incredible photo mode):

mVVWvR2.jpg

3ZN7wAQ.jpg

avHvoZb.jpg
mFt7QIo.jpg
9LzepgR.jpg

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how Mario Kart 8 still looks insanely great and fresh when compared to the upcoming competition on more powerful hardware. It's pure artistic wizardry.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf was up with that, wtf was up with EA, even when given easy money

Several insiders have said many Western third-party games were cancelled or put on hold because of the excessive cost of higher-capacity Switch carts. I don't know how big Burnout Paradise is on other systems, but I would assume that's what happened here. Seems like costs are supposed to go down this year.

Jodast

Oct 25, 2017
The original PC release of Burnout Paradise is ~3.5GB and Origin reports 8GB of HDD space needed for the remaster. It's not a particularly big game.

Nov 3, 2017
Outlast 2 - Nintendo Switch. I am extremely impressed with this port so far. It delivers fantastic moody visuals while retaining a stable framerate. The following shots are all from portable mode:

AtPC9vl.jpg

V4uVWdR.jpg
t5qgKhn.jpg

v5qWkme.jpg

lvfiLQe.jpg

L9oRk1a.jpg

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
very impressive indeed. The lighting make all the difference. It's sad the last video of Yoshi lost the lighting of previous videos.

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally done with Shining Resonance so now it's time for some Travis Strikes Again

Dx6sGtJV4AEfLyS.jpg:orig

Dx6sGtWVAAYLuG1.jpg:orig

Dx6sGszVAAA5cPT.jpg:orig

Dx6sGs8UUAAEa6V.jpg:orig

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks better in motion. i'm guessing 8ing isn't used to unity yet

To be fair, they might be using a specific technique that looks fine on the screen itself. Super Mario Odyssey uses an Interlacing method of sorts (there's a specific term that I'm blanking on it) in handheld mode. Still captures and direct captures of this mode tend to look really bad in motion, which is noticeable on Digital Foundries videos, but absolutely look alright on screen. So might be the case here.

But obviously we'd need someone to really double check the resolution for sure. Maybe Digital Foundry could give it a look? It's a licensed game, but eh.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised @ no Smash plant pics yet.

Edit: and BotW still looks as good as always.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Romancing SaGa 2, PSVita — a charming old-school JRPG. Obtuse as fuck, though.

2019-01-26-030457ftkj6.jpg

150 years later...

2019-01-28-0454079akxr.jpg

Another 100 years later...

2019-01-31-102847xjk4p.jpg

Always fun to look at games with limited sprites for multiple actions and wonder what the hell the characters are supposed to be doing in a screenshot. In case of the last screenshot they are... giving a serenade. Each of them is playing an instrument: horn, guitar, conga drum, bassoon and flute. The more you know!

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does this game play? The initial trailer reminded me of Need For Speed Nitro. Would be cool if another game took that ball and ran with it

I've only played Nitro-X, the DSiWare game, which wasn't great, so I wouldn't be able to compare the two, but It's a lot of fun so far. It's a bit of a splatoonized racing game.