• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Turok

bVvr3NI.jpg

ERVNwIq.jpg

LwjUaus.jpg

RaKwcCq.jpg

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know screen capture kits exist for the more modern dedicated handhelds. Not sure about the older systems like GB or GG though. If only we could get Jeremy Parish posting in here :P

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

HbtSZcf.jpg

ZuRR4Iu.jpg

EHj6K8B.jpg

ViUIpLh.jpg

I really think captain toad is one of the best looking games on switch! What a great art style. And its simplicity makes it look cleaner than odyssey

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That's the switch version, right? I thought the low resolution scaling I had to adjust to on my win 2 was blurry, but... Damn. At least the art direction is good. How is this game so poorly optimized?
Doesn't look all that blurry to me, from Switch standards. Looks like 400-something p to me. On the blurrier side, sure, but on the 6.2 inch screen those usually look fine. What resolution do you run it on the GPD?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look all that blurry to me, from Switch standards. Looks like 400-something p to me. On the blurrier side, sure, but on the 6.2 inch screen those usually look fine. What resolution do you run it on the GPD?
Given the scaling somewhere around 600p(it goes from 25-45 FPS). The reason why I mention this game in particular is that it's a vita port, so it shouldn't be running on such a low resolution on more powerful hardware. I was thinking the switch port would be higher res and that it was just particularly unoptimized on windows, but this game's just poorly optimized in general.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Given the scaling somewhere around 600p(it goes from 25-45 FPS). The reason why I mention this game in particular is that it's a vita port, so it shouldn't be running on such a low resolution on more powerful hardware. I was thinking the switch port would be higher res and that it was just particularly unoptimized on windows, but this game's just poorly optimized in general.

There are games that do things a PS Vita or an original XBOX could do, but which are just terribly optimized for whatever reason. This looks like it's doubly poorly optimized, because it not only runs about how I assume the Vista version does, it also runs worse than on the GPD Win 2, when the Switch generally gets more performance out of games.
So yeah, not a good look.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
A few screens comparing high quality mode (30 fps) and high performance mode (60 fps) in Darksiders.

D3QjwvrU0AEm3pt.jpg

D3QjwvtUwAAphsN.jpg

D3QjwvuUwAAg2e-.jpg

D3Qjwv1U0AEVwxc.jpg

D3QjpFYUYAEkpIk.jpg

D3QjpFZUwAA3lzw.jpg

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
30fps mode looks native resolution, 60fps looks 80

I'm sure the difference isn't as bad on the small screen

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
More games should allow those performance settings. Yoshi's Crafted World at 30 FPS with a bump in resolution would be very welcome.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the low res, how is the game? I've always wanted to try it for the "Ueda charm", but I've stayed away because I've heard it also inherited the Ueda jank (which I didn't mind back in the 00s, but I have zero patience for it nowadays.)
really fun game some framerate hiccups do to loading do to the code. great music.