• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God Eater 3 Action demo switch Handheld mode
D9_9ETEUwAId3gt.jpg:large

D9_9ETIU4AEkRhm.jpg:large

D9_9ESvUIAATg79.jpg:large

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'll kill this magnificent beast so you can improve your haircut.
FDjUB90.jpg

This nightmare fuel I'll do for free though.
pY2uO5w.jpg

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Red Faction Guerilla - Performance Mode

D-gChuDU0AAm8ti.jpg

D-gChuIUwAAGPKV.jpg

Torna: The Golden Country

D-gCY7AUYAACJQL.jpg

D-gCY7OUEAADHWa.jpg

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Demo

D-gCAVJUwAAdf06.jpg

The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince

D-gB4CfVUAASBMe.jpg

D-gB4CNUEAIxhSt.jpg

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Remarstered (Switch)

D-xKmQIU0AEquoc.jpg:large

D-xK8szU4AEKexR.jpg:large

D-xLC_XU0AEnp7k.jpg:large

D-xLMJfU4AAr4Nt.jpg:large

D-xLkGqUwAAQQ2v.jpg:large

Something weird I noticed is the character suddenly having two heads when in front of an explosion:

D-xKPIWUIAEv2Nk.jpg:large

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This interests me quite a bit. How does it run on the system? It's kind of an old game. I remember playing it for an hour on PC. Does it hold up?

ILikeFeet already posted the Digital Foundry video, but it runs pretty well. I've only played in undocked so far and am not very sensitive to FPS so I'm using quality mode. The game is dated in several respects (visual style, graphics, the world being a bit bland so far) but it's a lot of fun.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Spintires: MudRunner. This game is the Dark Souls of transportation simulation games, full of satisfying and equally frustrating moments.
D_7-8YBVUAAtjgs.jpg

D_7-8YBUYAAi_go.jpg

D_7-8XlVAAAtY9N.jpg

D_7-8XiUcAAgBeu.jpg

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Rise is not only very fun and challenging, it looks gorgeous in handheld mode too. Absolutely worth it on Switch.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
How does it compares to Fast RMX?
They're very different - Fast RMX is all about speed and 100% arcade racing, while Rise is more realistic in that you have to be careful with your speed and your turns. It's much closer to a rally racing game than it is to a futuristic racer like Fast RMX or WipeOut. I love both, for different reasons :P It's cool having so many cool racers on Switch.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way about Rise than I did when I got Fast Racing Neo on Wii U -- a tiny indie team made a top-notch racer in a genre that is pretty dead, and that's super cool. The actual racing and track design are different, but both games look great, are very fun to play, and give you a lot of bang for your buck.