• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mega man 8 (rockman 8) switch handheld
DycZLxKVYAAm50X.jpg:large

Wild guns reloaded handheld switch
DycZYoAUUAAy9SS.jpg:large

Monster Boy switch handheld
DycZhr5UcAAMcGI.jpg:large

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018
Mario Kart 8 is one of the best looking Nintendo games ever! And I can't believe I'm playing this awesome game on a Handheld system with the same graphic quality. I wonder how Nintendo could improve the next MK visually...

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch (Undocked)

It looks indeed amazing but some anti aliasing and more interactive environments would help a lot to make it more lively. Most of the things around you on the tracks are static, no moving trees(wind), grass for example. I guess the WiiU CPU was too constrained for that..

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
space mommy as fuck

how is this game. there aren't many MMOs on the Switch right now, even less so in english
Its bad. runs bad, feels bad. Also the attacks have what it seems to be kill delay. At times it feels 30fps at times it jumps to what seems to be 60fps, assuming its unlocked fps. Either way you wont see anything higher than 30fps a lot. Game is poorly optimized.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its bad. runs bad, feels bad. Also the attacks have what it seems to be kill delay. At times it feels 30fps at times it jumps to what seems to be 60fps, assuming its unlocked fps. Either way you wont see anything higher than 30fps a lot. Game is poorly optimized.
I read it runs like that on Xbox one and PS4 as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I grew impatient waiting for the Trails 3rd Evolution English patch so I decided to go ahead and play Zero No Kiseki Evolution instead:

1tvnABV.jpg

jQ7SDUx.jpg

BBspI2a.jpg

YRfmnEL.jpg

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Have there been any visually impressive Vita exclusives in the last year or two? I'm itching to spend some time with mine again.

Oct 27, 2017
Have there been any visually impressive Vita exclusives in the last year or two? I'm itching to spend some time with mine again.

I don't think there have been any Vita exclusives period, though I could be wrong. Why limit yourself to exclusives? I guess I'm biased though, I love playing on the Vita and will buy anything multi-platform as long as it performs reasonably well. As someone who plays mainly on portables, the Vita is in another league compared to Switch as far as comfort is concerned.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I don't think there have been any Vita exclusives period, though I could be wrong. Why limit yourself to exclusives? I guess I'm biased though, I love playing on the Vita and will buy anything multi-platform as long as it performs reasonably well. As someone who plays mainly on portables, the Vita is in another league compared to Switch as far as comfort is concerned.

Good point. Honestly, if you have any recommendations, throw them my way!

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
A tribute post to the amazing landscapes in Smash.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Undocked.

DxYk30KUwAAXCod.jpg:large

DxYk30CV4AAEU_i.jpg:large

DxYk3znVsAEH1as.jpg:large

DxYlIhlV4AEUF0o.jpg:large

DxYk3zfVsAAm4xc.jpg:large

DxYlIhrVAAE7Kn8.jpg:large

DywjoQ9V4AAyUpQ.jpg:large

DywjoRBV4AApXmj.jpg:large

DxYlIhzUwAEgbP0.jpg:large

DxYlIh4UcAAzVVF.jpg:large

DywjoRFUcAAmmxK.jpg:large

DywjoQ9UcAEYTUO.jpg:large

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got both of these downloaded (including Tetris 99), now just need to get home to try them out...

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Daemon x Machina Demo

DzYlPaBUYAEXTkh.jpg:orig

DzYlPaEU8AAOTY3.jpg:orig

DzYlPaHVsAAyfv5.jpg:orig

DzYlPaAUwAArgFy.jpg:orig

The game looks really good in motion IMO, just needs to iron out the performance.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Daemon x Machina Demo
The game looks really good in motion IMO, just needs to iron out the performance.
Yep, the artstyle works really well and while the gameplay did not blow me away I thought it was perfectly serviceable and with a game that is loot driven you still have the option to tinker a loadout that suits one better. Actually mildly excited for the game.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah DxM actually looks pretty good in motion, but sadly I couldn't get into it.

Yoshi looks good and is actually pretty fun as long as you are not looking for brutal, white-knuckling platforming action. It's more of a chill exploration-based platformer.

Oct 28, 2017
I need to try the DxM demo, but it seems the type of game that static screenshots really don't do justice to the artstyle in the game. About the performance issues, I suppose they'll fix them for the launch.

Bayonetta. NSwitch

2018101716072100-39044ejov.jpg

2018122103401900-3904c5kz3.jpg

2018122103493900-3904ykkpu.jpg

Jodast

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares - GPD WIN 2
hik5d.jpg

n4kkd.jpg

ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : M∀RS - GPD WIN 2
drks5.jpg

j0kzy.jpg

Oct 28, 2017

Jodast

Oct 25, 2017
Nice shots! How's the performance, specially with ZOE2 MARS?
Thanks! ZOE 2 is okayish. Depending on the stage and what's happening it'll typically bounce between the mid 20's - high 40's. I've seen cutscenes dip all the way down into the teens at times. The settings I've used are below; there are a few that could be changed to maybe squeeze a few more frames out, but I'm happy enough with the compromise.
Resolution - 1280x720 | Vsync - Disabled | Textures - 100% | Texture Filtering - Normal | Effects - Rapid | YEBIS Quality - Rapid | AA - Off | Reflections - On | SSAO - Off | Increase Cloud Effects - Off | Still Photo Mode - Off | Motion Blur - High | Film Grain - Off

RE5 is just fantastic. A locked 30fps with all settings except AA (X4) maxed out. It's probably the most impressive 3D game I've played on the WIN 2 with regards to IQ and performance.

I keep looking at the Warframe shots posted in this thread and think I need to download the game and check it out, though that's just gonna relegate yet another game to the increasingly overwhelming backlog. Sigh...

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! ZOE 2 is okayish. Depending on the stage and what's happening it'll typically bounce between the mid 20's - high 40's. I've seen cutscenes dip all the way down into the teens at times. The settings I've used are below; there are a few that could be changed to maybe squeeze a few more frames out, but I'm happy enough with the compromise.
Resolution - 1280x720 | Vsync - Disabled | Textures - 100% | Texture Filtering - Normal | Effects - Rapid | YEBIS Quality - Rapid | AA - Off | Reflections - On | SSAO - Off | Increase Cloud Effects - Off | Still Photo Mode - Off | Motion Blur - High | Film Grain - Off

RE5 is just fantastic. A locked 30fps with all settings except AA (X4) maxed out. It's probably the most impressive 3D game I've played on the WIN 2 with regards to IQ and performance.

I keep looking at the Warframe shots posted in this thread and think I need to download the game and check it out, though that's just gonna relegate yet another game to the increasingly overwhelming backlog. Sigh...

Interesting, thanks for the info. As I returned not so long ago to portable gaming, even if with my Switch I have more than enough, the GPD2 WIN is fascinating. And the ZOE2 shots look great! (and specially in the first one dat motion blur).

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trials Rising Beta

D0Hxv_DUUAErZlm.jpg:orig

D0Hxv_AVYAAGCVy.jpg:orig

D0Hxv_iVAAAUCTG.jpg:orig

D0Hxv_HU0AA3Z7Q.jpg:orig

Also interesting that the screenshot tool watermarks these screenshots.