• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Portland |OT| The old era is OVER

Oct 29, 2017
I'm thankful the ballot packet has the for/against arguments from people. So many of the measures weren't super clear at what they would do. The dissenting arguments for 103 made me switch my vote due to not really understanding what it was trying to do.

Oct 25, 2017
I was really surprised that 103 didn’t pass, and it failed by a pretty large margin.

Usually if you say “no tax” people will let you do just about anything.
I had to do a double take a few times when I got to it myself on the ballot and thought afterwards that a good number of people speeding through filling theirs out would vote yes on it by mistake based on its verbiage. But looks like voters for the most part took their time to read a bit more in to what it was all about or voted along party lines on this measure.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This all just goes to show you that Oregon voters aren't idiots and we can tell when a special interest is trying to get special treatment. Out of state interests love to pour money into Oregon thinking we're easy marks (we used to be!). They test out these measures here before taking them elsewhere. That's why it was so important to slaughter 103 especially.

Also, get fucked Phil Knight.

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
This all just goes to show you that Oregon voters aren't idiots and we can tell when a special interest is trying to get special treatment. Out of state interests love to pour money into Oregon thinking we're easy marks (we used to be!). They test out these measures here before taking them elsewhere. That's why it was so important to slaughter 103 especially.

Also, get fucked Phil Knight.
Part of the reason I figured 103 would pass was because of how easy it was for them to convince people to vote against corporate tax increases in 2016.

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Not all good news throughout Oregon, though.

Militia groups help gun rights measure pass in 8 Oregon counties

Plus, my boy Danny Jaffer lost his run for House District 23, which is a huge bummer.
I can't imagine that those will stand up to a court ruling. Telling a sherrif that he is the sole arbiter of the Constitution? Not happening. Especially once the state legislature pushes through some serious gun measures with the supermajorities.

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm late but I wanted to jump in and first say hello, and add that I'm pleased with the way the election results went for the most part. Bullshit measures got squashed and everyone I voted for won.

Looking into attending a protest tonight. Not sure whether to join a smaller one closer to home or go all the way into downtown. I have a feeling the downtown ones could be shitshows (clashes w/police or alt-right dickheads) so I don't know.

Oct 25, 2017
So this may be a stupid question that I should have asked long ago, but what's the best place to park for a show at Moda Center?

We're coming up from Corvallis for a concert Thursday night and then driving back down, so want to get in and out as fast as possible. For the last concert we went to, we were up at the top of one of Moda parking structures, and it took us 50+ minutes to get out of it.

Is there a nearby parking lot that's walkable to? Is there a good parking lot further out that connects with the MAX? Help me PortlandEra, you're my only hope.

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
So this may be a stupid question that I should have asked long ago, but what's the best place to park for a show at Moda Center?

We're coming up from Corvallis for a concert Thursday night and then driving back down, so want to get in and out as fast as possible. For the last concert we went to, we were up at the top of one of Moda parking structures, and it took us 50+ minutes to get out of it.

Is there a nearby parking lot that's walkable to? Is there a good parking lot further out that connects with the MAX? Help me PortlandEra, you're my only hope.
https://ccplots.myparkingworld.com/...3.1647258852.1542037219-2056517809.1542037219

There's a bunch of parking garages around the pioneer courthouse square and the Yellow line goes to the Rose Quarter/Moda Center. The MAX line is a block or so from the square.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I like about the project is the Detroit Tigers inspired baseball hat.

It made my Halloween costume complete for PDX Magnum PI.

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
I hope this comes to fruition as I love baseball. The location is interesting, but then there's not a lot of places you could put a baseball stadium that's still in the city

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this comes to fruition as I love baseball. The location is interesting, but then there's not a lot of places you could put a baseball stadium that's still in the city
I miss the days of Civic Stadium hosting both soccer and baseball. Thirsty Thursdays were the absolute best.