• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm thankful the ballot packet has the for/against arguments from people. So many of the measures weren't super clear at what they would do. The dissenting arguments for 103 made me switch my vote due to not really understanding what it was trying to do.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was really surprised that 103 didn't pass, and it failed by a pretty large margin.

Usually if you say "no tax" people will let you do just about anything.
I had to do a double take a few times when I got to it myself on the ballot and thought afterwards that a good number of people speeding through filling theirs out would vote yes on it by mistake based on its verbiage. But looks like voters for the most part took their time to read a bit more in to what it was all about or voted along party lines on this measure.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
This all just goes to show you that Oregon voters aren't idiots and we can tell when a special interest is trying to get special treatment. Out of state interests love to pour money into Oregon thinking we're easy marks (we used to be!). They test out these measures here before taking them elsewhere. That's why it was so important to slaughter 103 especially.

Also, get fucked Phil Knight.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
This all just goes to show you that Oregon voters aren't idiots and we can tell when a special interest is trying to get special treatment. Out of state interests love to pour money into Oregon thinking we're easy marks (we used to be!). They test out these measures here before taking them elsewhere. That's why it was so important to slaughter 103 especially.

Also, get fucked Phil Knight.
Part of the reason I figured 103 would pass was because of how easy it was for them to convince people to vote against corporate tax increases in 2016.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm late but I wanted to jump in and first say hello, and add that I'm pleased with the way the election results went for the most part. Bullshit measures got squashed and everyone I voted for won.

Looking into attending a protest tonight. Not sure whether to join a smaller one closer to home or go all the way into downtown. I have a feeling the downtown ones could be shitshows (clashes w/police or alt-right dickheads) so I don't know.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
So this may be a stupid question that I should have asked long ago, but what's the best place to park for a show at Moda Center?

We're coming up from Corvallis for a concert Thursday night and then driving back down, so want to get in and out as fast as possible. For the last concert we went to, we were up at the top of one of Moda parking structures, and it took us 50+ minutes to get out of it.

Is there a nearby parking lot that's walkable to? Is there a good parking lot further out that connects with the MAX? Help me PortlandEra, you're my only hope.

_swee_

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
So this may be a stupid question that I should have asked long ago, but what's the best place to park for a show at Moda Center?

We're coming up from Corvallis for a concert Thursday night and then driving back down, so want to get in and out as fast as possible. For the last concert we went to, we were up at the top of one of Moda parking structures, and it took us 50+ minutes to get out of it.

Is there a nearby parking lot that's walkable to? Is there a good parking lot further out that connects with the MAX? Help me PortlandEra, you're my only hope.
https://ccplots.myparkingworld.com/...3.1647258852.1542037219-2056517809.1542037219

There's a bunch of parking garages around the pioneer courthouse square and the Yellow line goes to the Rose Quarter/Moda Center. The MAX line is a block or so from the square.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New renders for the proposed Baseball stadium. How do you all feel about it?

I'm personally excited that I won't have to drive up to Seattle to catch a ball game. Whenever this whole thing actually happens of course.

https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/11/9f131f89806005/portland-diamond-project-has-d.html

Bike-Tailgating_2018-08-29-r.jpg

More here:

https://portlanddiamondproject.com
https://portlanddiamondproject.com/ballpark-concepts

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I like about the project is the Detroit Tigers inspired baseball hat.

It made my Halloween costume complete for PDX Magnum PI.

PDP_snapback_hat_front_2_1080x.png

_swee_

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
I hope this comes to fruition as I love baseball. The location is interesting, but then there's not a lot of places you could put a baseball stadium that's still in the city

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had some amazing Japanese curry at a new place called Kalé today. Super good! And the staff seems very nice. It's just around the corner from Pine Street Market. I hope they do well, good Japanese curry is hard to come by around here.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Had some amazing Japanese curry at a new place called Kalé today.

That place has been around for AGES, and you are correct it is amazing! They moved from their old place near the Guild Theatre though, and were closed for almost 6 months I think. New location has been open since October. It is hands down my favorite Japanese Curry in town. I love the owners too. He is super stoked to have the new smaller place with the open kitchen because now he isn't tucked away in the back and can actually interact with the patrons.

The old place was nice though, much larger and had some traditional style seating I believe. You can still see what it looked like in their old video on their site. I just had some last week. If you are into it, I definitely recommend their Doria style which has baked cheese on top. So. Good. Perfect weather for it right now too.

Last edited:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, Best Baguette on SE Powell makes a legit Báhn mì sandwich. And it is only $5 a pop!

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, Best Baguette on SE Powell makes a legit Báhn mì sandwich. And it is only $5 a pop!
Dude how did you not know about this? They're great, and super cheap.

Meanwhile, I'm up at my place around Killingsworth and MLK and I'm hoping the streets get fine later because I need groceries. I could walk to the Safeway but... meh. I need some stuff that'll probably get heavy fast, like milk and butter and other basics. Sigh.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude how did you not know about this? They're great, and super cheap.

Meanwhile, I'm up at my place around Killingsworth and MLK and I'm hoping the streets get fine later because I need groceries. I could walk to the Safeway but... meh. I need some stuff that'll probably get heavy fast, like milk and butter and other basics. Sigh.
I knew about it, I am just almost never that far south and finally was today.

Also, roads are perfectly fine, go now before things start to freeze.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew about it, I am just almost never that far south and finally was today.

Also, roads are perfectly fine, go now before things start to freeze.
I work from home and I'm an idiot. I haven't looked outside in hours and it looks just fine now. I bet tomorrow will be terrible though...

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I thought about posting this last night but I didn't. I'm fucking pissed. It's been pretty obvious for a while that something fishy was happening, but ffs. Ted Wheeler needs to resign as Police Commissioner. Chief Outlaw (like, fucking seriously with that name?) needs to get fired as well. The whole PPD needs some housecleaning.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like pretty big news. Oregon is about to become the first state to pass mandatory rent control. Long overdue and not without its flaws, but a very good start. I live in southern Oregon but want to move to Portland at some point, so this was definitely a welcome thing to hear this morning.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...state-with-mandatory-rent-controls-to-address
Good. Granted, my girlfriend and I are thinking about buying a home within the next year or so, but I'm really glad this is happening.

SynthFetish

Oct 27, 2017
Nosgoth, Leviathan
This seems like pretty big news. Oregon is about to become the first state to pass mandatory rent control. Long overdue and not without its flaws, but a very good start. I live in southern Oregon but want to move to Portland at some point, so this was definitely a welcome thing to hear this morning.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...state-with-mandatory-rent-controls-to-address

About time! I have to keep moving further out every few years due to rent inflation.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Not looking forward to 90 degrees this weekend, but yes the weather has been unbeatable.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from a few days in Irvine and it felt like my worlds had swapped. Cloudy and 60s there, 80-85 here. What is going on?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hate half your city but i'm praying for your basketball team. fuck nike, may Dame reign forever

BadAlchemy

May 2, 2019
I prefer '70s, it starts getting in the upper '80s and I break out the AC unit. Looking forward to next week.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hate half your city but i'm praying for your basketball team. fuck nike, may Dame reign forever
It's an exciting time to be a Portland sports fan. Blazers forcing a game 7, Timbers signing a huge new player and opening their revamped stadium in less than a month...