• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Three Portland, Ore., teens will be charged as adults in a shocking kidnapping and torture case in which they allegedly carved a swastika into a classmate's forehead.

According to KATU, four teens allegedly took revenge on a 16-year-old boy after he called a friend of theirs "gay" on Facebook.

Police allege that Jenna Jean Montgomery, 15, lured the victim to a shed behind a house in Southeast Portland Feb. 10 with the promise of drugs and sex, according to the Oregonian. She later told police she'd acted as "bait."

When the victim arrived at the shed, he was confronted by three boys — Jess Taylor, 17, Blue Kalmbach, 15, and a 14-year-old boy who is charged as a juvenile.

Suspects Jess Taylor, 17, Jenna Montgomery, 15, and Blue Kalmbach, 15

The victim told police that he was struck in the back of the head with a crowbar as he entered the shed. Kalmbach then allegedly shot the victim in the hand, chest and groin with a BB gun, and proceeded to carve a "swastika-shaped insignia'' into the victim's forehead with a box cutter, according to the Oregonian.

The teens took the victim's iPod and ordered him to go retrieve money and a skateboard. Instead, the victim escaped and ran to a nearby auto shop to call for help. The four alleged attackers were arrested later that day.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/18/portland-teens-carve-swastika_n_4807902.html

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... just wow.

They're staring down some serious time. The girl who acted as bait is, too, but I have a feeling they'll offer her a deal for testimony. Assuming the others don't plea out first.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
That shit ain't cool.

Even I was surprised how much Blue looks like a Portland hipster.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Jesus Christ those kids went full Hostel over an online insult. Of course, being kids, the "let the victim go alone to get us more stuff" part of the plan wasn't that well thought out.

King Tubby

Oct 25, 2017
Calling someone gay as an insult on facebook is shitty, but I don't think it's quite Hans Landa level.

kappa_krey

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Damn, straight outta Inglorious Basterds.

That wasn't called for. The teens should be booked and charged for a felony, put in juvi (hopefully at least able to continue their education), and community service for 5 years. And the victim and his family should sue for benefits.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*looks at photos of the perps in the article*

Yeah there's a real winner's circle right there. Toss out the key.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
fDM3aIB.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope that doesn't scar. It probably isn't going to help your career prospects if you go through life with a swastika stuck in your head.
(Well, some careers, maybe.)

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I know this really isn't a laughing matter, but that line of being lured by "promises of drugs and sex" just made me giggle a bit. Sounds like something straight out of a parody.

Thankfully the perps were caught though.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Someone forgot to teach them about proportional response. I mean, what happened to a good ol wedgie? One of the three saw it as a chance to express some long standing violent fantasy.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I don't want to suggest violent movies influence teens and such... But I mean...

Inglourious.jpg

Who didn't think of this scene reading this story?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
He must have been really desperate to get laid if he followed her to the back of a shed and actually expected to get some.

OP
OP
Chindogg

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
So are they mad cause they got called gay or mad because they think he's a bigot (just a dumb teen imo) either way they're awful

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also like to point out that three were three teens here, one of which is 17, who collectively decided that this was a good idea.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn when I was in school like a decade ago you'd get into a small fight at most over something like that. Now you got people carving things into people's faces. I'm glad I got out when I did.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That shit was a little too meticulous

Like Goddamn!

If you remove the ages and name and just read it you would go who the fuck in their right minds is trying to IRL Inglorious Basterds

Welp their lives are over

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I don't want to suggest violent movies influence teens and such... But I mean...

Inglourious.jpg

Who didn't think of this scene reading this story?
Movies and games don't make people into violent psychopaths (well, games can kinda, but only in the short them while playing and if the person has some anger issues... usually those violent urges disappear once one stops playing and calms down), but if you ARE a violent psychopath, then those people can certainly model their actions based on shit they see in movies and games.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
The full scope of it is worse.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-portland-teens-swastika-attack-20140726-story.html
Murrain was then hit in the head repeatedly with a "crow bar type weapon" and a revolver pistol, according to court documents. He then had to take off his shirt and was shot by a BB gun n the chest, finger and groin.

He was told to take down his pants, and was hit on the buttocks six or seven times with a "short cricket bat," according to court documents.

Murrain was then forced to eat cat feces and the defendants sprayed body spray into his eyes, according to court documents.

Kalmbach carved a swastika in Murrain's forehead with a box cutter-type knife while Taylor held a BB gun to Murrain's head, according to court documents.

http://katu.com/news/local/mother-of-tortured-teen-says-son-was-no-bully-11-19-2015
Murrain says her son had emergency surgery Monday night for the BB shot that went through his groin area. He has staples in his head from getting hit with a crowbar.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/oregon-teen-sentenced-kidnapping-torture-article-1.1778353
At sentencing the unnamed Oregon youth told the judge: "I suppose I should apologize, but it's not going to make any difference, so no," reported Portland's KATU-TV.

Wow

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Movies and games don't make people into violent psychopaths (well, games can kinda, but only in the short them while playing and if the person has some anger issues... usually those violent urges disappear once one stops playing and calms down), but if you ARE a violent psychopath, then those people can certainly model their actions based on shit they see in movies and games.

Oh, I would never suggest videogames and movies cause violence. That's been debunked so many times... But "influence" is a different thing.

Where did they get the idea to carve a swastika on this kid's forehead? They come up with that on their own? Did they see some Inglorious Basterds? Or perhaps more likely see lots of GIFs from the Tarantino flick on the ol interwebs?

Status
Not open for further replies.