• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What does P5R stands for?

• Persona 5 Racing All Night

Votes: 76 26.5%
  • Persona 5 Return of Teddie

Votes: 26 9.1%
  • Persona 5 RSteak

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • Metroid Prime 4

Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Shinjiro was the best Persona character and here's my 250 pages long essay about why.

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Florida
As someone who mains XBOX but enjoys ATLUS games it's really dissapointing that they aren't making the effort. I sold my Pro before Christmas so they wont get my business until PS5.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I hope it's not just additive, and that they find a way to give you ways to streamline the game somewhat (even if it's optional). I really enjoyed my time but I felt like I had to drag myself through certain parts of the game.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Whatever is coming is either gonna be for PS4 or Switch. PC and Xbox is out of the question. Heck, even a mobile title is more likely than those 2 platforms lol
*looks at avatar and figures you know what you're talking about*

:( I can still hope.

Atlas is leaving a ton of money on the table by not releasing their games on PC.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
P5 was my first Persona game, and I fell in love with it.

Would love a chance to back and play 3 and 4 on the modern consoles.

As for replaying 5...it would take a lot to bring me back. It's such a gigantic undertaking, so there would need to be hefty amounts of bonus content.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
If all these P5 spinoffs are real then Atlus going full

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who mains XBOX but enjoys ATLUS games it's really dissapointing that they aren't making the effort. I sold my Pro before Christmas so they wont get my business until PS5.
Hate to be that guy but likelihood of a Persona or Atlus fan in general not owning a PS4 or Switch is quite low.

In addition to the system being not relevant in Japan there isn't much hope for an Xbox release. Even Nintendo likely had to convince Atlus to bring P5 to the system and Switch is a natural for the game.

Aug 22, 2018
Hate to be that guy but likelihood of a Persona or Atlus fan in general not owning a PS4 or Switch is quite low.

In addition to the system being not relevant in Japan there isn't much hope for an Xbox release. Even Nintendo likely had to convince Atlus to bring P5 to the system and Switch is a natural for the game.
It depends on how much power SEGA has over ATLUS. Almost all SEGA games for last 1,5 years were on Xbox and almost all SEGA games in 2018 were on everything.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I would totally buy a P1, P2 and P3 collection on Switch and it would make sense to release them on the system now that P5 is apparently coming.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on how much power SEGA has over ATLUS. Almost all SEGA games for last 1,5 years were on Xbox and almost all SEGA games in 2018 were on everything.
Catherine: Full Body isn't going to be on the Xbox, while the original was. The games Atlus released on the Xbox 360 (P4A, P4AU, Catherine) all did poorly (and then there was SMT: Nine on the Xbox...), so I don't see them ever trying again. They don't talk about the platform anymore, when they were still putting it in consideration in surveys and such in 2016. Basically, it's a question of demographics, and it isn't there on the Xbox.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you ever go Xbox you really shouldn't expect much of any Japanese developed games that aren't big AAA titles. Heck, not even those sometimes.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Pretty sure if they went backwards they would just do 3 and 4 and not bother prior.
Persona 1 and 2 for the PSP were really lovely though. I'd be super down to just having PSP's P1, 2IS and 2EP, P3P in one package, and SMT1 and 2 and If... in another, Capcom bundles style. If... is still unseen in the west, and Strange Journey Redux was a thing, so...

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Give me tons of Persona 5 spinoffs baby. Was my first Persona game and is one of the best games I've ever played. Firmly in the Persona game hype dept.

(Please make TMS2 as well thx)

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I still think it will be Playstation only.

Smash brought Simon and Richter and then Konami announced Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood on PS4 only, so it wouldn't be the first time.

On top of that i still believe Atlus leaves Persona on PS and SMT on Nintendo to make all happy essentially and work on those platforms with IPs designed for the system.

That said i'd love to play Persona 5 on Switch, just i don't want to get excited about some speculation.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Smash brought Ridley and Richter and then Konami announced Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood on PS4 only, so it wouldn't be the first time.
There is a massive difference in including a gaming icon like Simon Belmont in an all stars crossover game like Smash (and who is from a franchise with a long history on Nintendo), and someone like Joker, who, a smuch as I love him and Persona, is a niche figure next to the caliber of other characters in Smash, and from a franchise with almost no history on Nintendo. There is zero reason for Nintendo to prominently feature him in their biggest game on a major stage like TGA when that is advertising an exclusive for their competition, unless they get something out of it.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017

Smash brought Simon and Richter and then Konami announced Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood on PS4 only, so it wouldn't be the first time.

On top of that i still believe Atlus leaves Persona on PS and SMT on Nintendo to make all happy essentially and work on those platforms with IPs designed for the system.

That said i'd love to play Persona 5 on Switch, just i don't want to get excited about some speculation.

I wouldn't be so sure.
We know that Castlevania wasn't a Konami effort, though - It was basically Sony that asked for approval to rerelease the Dracula X Chronicles in a higher rez using their in house emulator.
Konami is sinply enjoying the free money and doing nothing with the IP.

On the other hand, Atlus is working on this and has the chance to expand the game to new audiences and take advantage of Smash as a marketing tool. There are no third parties involved here.
It does make sense thay they would use Switch for a portable release instead of the Vita.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I know all about XBOX 's struggles in Japan. What I can't fathom is ATLUS' reluctance to make more money. Persona isn't that niche.

Atlus still relies a bit on the japanese market, and there isn't a big history of JRPGs on XBOX not just this gen, i remember Tales of Vesperia on Xbox 360 (and it bombed). Microsoft should try more.

There is a massive difference in including a gaming icon like Simon Belmont in an all stars crossover game like Smash (and who is from a franchise with a long history on Nintendo), and someone like Joker, who, a smuch as I love him and Persona, is a niche figure next to the caliber of other characters in Smash, and from a franchise with almost no history on Nintendo. There is zero reason for Nintendo to prominently feature him in their biggest game on a major stage like TGA when that is advertising an exclusive for their competition, unless they get something out of it.

Maybe Joker will be a cameo in SMT V idk, or maybe Sakurai just wanted to work with Atlus.

The press release announced Joker as a character from a spin-off series of SMT, which has a long history on Nintendo systems and not even as a character from Persona Q2.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Maybe Joker will be a cameo in SMT V idk, or maybe Sakurai just wanted to work with Atlus.

The press release announced Joker as a character from a spin-off series of SMT, which has a long history on Nintendo systems and not even as a character from Persona Q2.
But Nintendo chose Joker, not Sakurai.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Two things:
  1. Nintendo chose the DLC characters, not Sakurai
  2. The announcement of Joker very specifically says "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Persona 5". Not Persona Q2. Not Shin Megami Tensei. Not even Atlus. It says Persona 5, specifically. Nintendo is advertising Persona 5 very prominently there. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.