• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What does P5R stands for?

• Persona 5 Racing All Night

Votes: 76 26.5%
  • Persona 5 Return of Teddie

Votes: 26 9.1%
  • Persona 5 RSteak

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • Metroid Prime 4

Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Shinjiro was the best Persona character and here's my 250 pages long essay about why.

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
That is really funny, considering most Sega games i play(Company of Heroes, VC1 and like 10 different TW games) are on pc.

What Sega does abroad I have no idea, here I can get TW but it's in English, the only Sega Japan game is a couple of new-ish (not even the latest) Sonic games. Anything worth getting is exclusive on PS4 or Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
To my knowledge, they will be announcing it right after the "Dark Sun..." OVA as a surprise announcement (it would have been if we didn't know the domain and its status). So, unless plans have changed, they will be announcing it right after it premieres.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
See, I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's just that he seems to be saying "I know for sure it's A, not B" then adding "It might not be just A". IMO it's better if he just says "to the best of my knowledge it's A".
Seeing also the post from MysticDistance over here, I think he probably just posted that with the implied caveat 'if the information hinted at by my sources is fully correct', but didn't put that in there and then some people got the idea that he was saying definitely exclusive. As you said, let's not fuss about it too much.

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Official Staff Communication
Just a quick note to say that MysticDistance has indeed provided information that shows they're in a position to know the information they claim. That does not mean that we can verify all the information they post is correct though. As always, the member takes full responsibility for what they post.
This is indeed true. I shared some info with Zhuge, but in order to protect those involved, I'm only going to share what is completely relevant and will confirm other details post-announcement.

1. P5R will be announced after the "Dark Sun..." OVA.
2. P5R is P5 for Switch.
3. Switch exclusivity is likely from my interactions, but not solidly confirmed as the above are. It could very well be Switch/PS4. All I know for a fact is that it is a Switch title.
4. The release window I was given does not suggest a release early on in 2019. I won't post it in the off-chance that it was subject to change, something I wouldn't be able to verify at this moment sadly.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This is indeed true. I shared some info with Zhuge, but in order to protect those involved, I'm only going to share what is completely relevant and will confirm other details post-announcement.

2. P5R is P5 for Switch.
3. Switch exclusivity is likely from my interactions, but not solidly confirmed as the above are. It could very well be Switch/PS4. All I know for a fact is that it is a Switch title.
4. The release window I was given does not suggest a release early on in 2019. I won't post it in the off-chance that it was subject to change, something I wouldn't be able to verify at this moment sadly.
Well, here we go.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
So what remains if to see if it's just P5 for Switch, or if there's gonna be some substantial updates to it.

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
There is a specific reason as to why Switch exclusivity or a Switch/PS4 release could be getting lost within the info given to my sources, but it's something that I can't mention as it would almost assuredly lead to consequences to those who were willing to share this info with me. If it's indeed happening like I was informed it would, you'll all understand why I was on the fence with it being Switch exclusive or not.

Also, it's coming worldwide in 2019. Info I was given suggests a relatively quick turnaround compared to prior Atlus titles, something that Atlus themselves claimed they were working on doing with future titles earlier this year.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now i'm debating if i should watch an hour of anime
i probably shouldn't tho cuz i haven't played p5.
Absolutely don't do this. This OVA is based in the final hours of Persona 5 and gives away a central twist. Do not at any cost watch it without playing the game if you intend to play the game ever.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Damn haha. Well maybe if someone here can stream it but i dont know how legal it is to stream tv footage live so probably lets not do that.

Sorry, don't have any equipment for streaming. I guess I could capture the cm with my smartphone if needed, but I'm sure the cm will be available soon after it airs on the new website.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

2. P5R is P5 for Switch.

Fuck yes.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited! I've never played a Persona game so, if this is coming to Switch, it's going to be a must have for me to get into the series.
You can never have too much JRPG and I liked TMS a lot (except that it dragged towards the end, but details).

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

2. P5R is P5 for Switch.
There is a specific reason as to why Switch exclusivity or a Switch/PS4 release could be getting lost within the info given to my sources, but it's something that I can't mention as it would almost assuredly lead to consequences to those who were willing to share this info with me. If it's indeed happening like I was informed it would, you'll all understand why I was on the fence with it being Switch exclusive or not.

Also, it's coming worldwide in 2019. Info I was given suggests a relatively quick turnaround compared to prior Atlus titles, something that Atlus themselves claimed they were working on doing with future titles earlier this year.
Thanks a lot for all you've shared, Mystic!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'll happily take P5 for the Switch.

I sure hope it isn't exclusively to it, though.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Is it confirmed that they'll announce game related stuff in the stream? It sounds anime focused to me.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK YES dude, i had a feeling they wouldn't want to launch it too long after joker coming to smash

Absolutely don't do this. This OVA is based in the final hours of Persona 5 and gives away a central twist. Do not at any cost watch it without playing the game if you intend to play the game ever.
ok i won't :) but yall better put the trailer on youtube as soon as the anime ends.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just when I actually got P5 for PS4, a possible new version is being announced

antonio0or5p.gif

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

2. P5R is P5 for Switch.

giphy.gif

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I was already expecting a Switch port of P5, but a quick localisation turnaround is good. Hopefully our wait isn't too bad.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if it's coming to Switch I hope it's not coming any time soon. Finished the original on PS4 only a week ago.
Funny observation: Game is still on 1.00 and has 0 issues. I don't remember the last game that could achieve that.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Chances are, even if its a 2020 title, we prob have to wait another 6 months for a western release.
Do we even have a release window for the western release of Catherine: Full Body?

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Well, if it's coming to Switch I hope it's not coming any time soon. Finished the original on PS4 only a week ago.
Funny observation: Game is still on 1.00. It has 0 issues. I don't remember the last game that could achieve that.
It's more because they didn't really work on it after release. Even if they had, they would all be included in the base NA version. There are issues, though.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

2. P5R is P5 for Switch.
Guess its finally time to get a used PS3 P5 copy to play it on a emulator since a pc release will never happen anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.