• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Once again, grain of salt.

But first up are two concept arts in very low quality:

teosgmr0l3861.png

20201229174648.png

A translation of his video via Reddit

1. Two concept arts are revealed. Check this (/r/Eldenring/comments/kmbfj4/leaked_concept_arts_from_a_reputable_chinese/ ) for details.
  2. The game world is based on the world tree from Norse mythology, and also references something from Celtic mythology.
  3. The gameplay is similar to Dark Souls, but the map is much larger, includes dynamic weather and day/night alternation. Imagine you fight with a Boss from day to night, he said, and the weather changes from sunny to thunderous.
  4. The modeling of enemies is more complex, and there will be cthulu-style enemies similar to bloodborne.
  5. Remember that red hair giant (Look up at sky, it burns)? He was badly wounded in a battle. His faction is characterized by red hair and the use of large weapons. There is also a faction characterized by white hair. The two biggest factions he has known so far seem to have come from the same ancestor, but have split up eventually.
  6. The guy with a lot of hands at the beginning of the 2019 trailer is probably an NPC.
  7. That crestfallen dude will appear again.
  8. Waifu (similar to fire keeper)
  9. Patches may not appear, or not appear in human form (bloodborne spider).
  10. There are characters like Gael and the xanthous king.
  11. The game development stage has been completed in the first half of 2020 and is now in the polishing stage. The game will be released in 2021, he's pretty sure. It's possible to see a new trailer after the Japanese New Year.
What do you think? Fake or real?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really make out anything from the first image. But the second one looks sick.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I'll buy it just cause I'm a thirsty motherfucker for Elden Ring.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
First one brings to mind Gabranth from FFXII :P

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
If it's fake, the monster design makes it a very good fake lol.

Oct 28, 2017
seems reasonable. like one of those leaks that you go back after the game or movie is released and are like....yeah, that was true

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Well I'm shitting myself already just looking at those pics so could well be authentic.

May 26, 2018
If it's fake, then the concept art was done JUST for this fake. Google can't find a damn thing on those images any older than a few hours.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is this different from the rumors from a few days ago mentioning the game was content complete earlier this year and has been in a polishing phase or is this a secondary confirmation of that?

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
The thirst for this game is real. Can't wait to get my hands on this, everything about this game excites me.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
There is like 0 info in this "leak".

The only thing of worth would be the release window.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The art (what you can make out) looks really nice, especially that snake design.

The bullet points really tell me this is most likely fake, though :(

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese new year? like the regular new year? The few info bits seem like same old stuff, but the art looks convincing.
edit: perhaps since a chinese content creator the distinction would make sense, still waiting on real news

Last edited:

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
The images don't come up immediately on reverse Google image search - so if it is fake - they are least tried.