• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Credit to r/GamingLeaksAndRumours for first sharing this and DniweTamp from Twitter for finding this on Sipder-Man pc port exe

View: https://twitter.com/dniwetamp/status/1558481634109816834?s=21&t=96phJ7-VaoWRv-Hm7rQ34Q

image0.jpg

FaDY34FXwAErqMS

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
weren't most people expecting that since the announcement trailer had two spider-men doing combos together?

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I... did not think a co-op spiderman mode would be something I want but here I am.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
am i nuts or sommit

i saw miles and peter in the same fight in the announcement trailer and I was like

"oh they'll prob do some co-op stuff with them, that's a logical place to go after two games with two different leads"

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Didn't Insomniac or Sony already confirmed that it would be single player only? I could be wrong there, its just what I remember.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Red team/Blue team and victory messages are weird. Makes it likely there will be some competitive aspect.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Great as a completely separate mode from the main game. I would be very disappointed if it is "integrated" into the main game / story, as co-op stuff rarely works well when you just want to play the game solo, as it affects level and enemy design, can result in having a brain dead AI follower you switch between or some other b.s.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i kinda assumed sommit like:

single-player, free-swap between miles and peter, do missions with an ai partner when together

co-op, do everything together except for some specific peter-only or miles-only missions, free roam in the city for both players

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I legit forgot that Spider-Man 2 was announced last year lol

Would be interesting to see how it plays out with the open-world nature of the game. Notwithstanding coop, I hope that the side quests in the sequel are better.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Please, please, please be seperate from the story missions at least. I think co-op Spider-Man can be fucking awesome but it's not worth the cost of worse mission design.

That and I'm worried they'll add microtransactions.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
There was also a rumour a while back that Insomniac were working on a seperate Marvel Mutiplayer game, it could be from that.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I legit forgot that Spider-Man 2 was announced last year lol

Would be interesting to see how it plays out with the open-world nature of the game.
I mean saints row 4 already shows you can do two player coop with super heroes and free roam VERY well. It just worked. Everything did. Customization (cars, characters, abilities) all carried over into coop well.

I never played crackdown before but people used to say that was some of the best coop you could find back in the days.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mean to doomer, but I've had a vague sinking feeling about Spide 2 although logic prevented me from knowing why. Miles left kind of a sour taste in my mouth with his powerset feeling redundant and less fun. And then a rumored third playable character? I was wondering if it might be co-op too. But, uh, Insomniac hasn't missed in a long, long, long time, so I'm not too worried.

Jul 22, 2022
Would make sense though I wonder if Spider-guys will be able to travel arbitrary around the city or it will require to keep some distance or something.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mean to doomer, but I've had a vague sinking feeling about Spide 2 although logic prevented me from knowing why. Miles left kind of a sour taste in my mouth with his powerset feeling redundant and less fun. And then a rumored third playable character? I was wondering if it might be co-op too. But, uh, Insomniac hasn't missed in a long, long, long time, so I'm not too worried.
lmao. Era be crazy sometimes.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how well-implemented it is, multiphobes will curse its very existence and attribute any/all problems in the game to co-op's inclusion.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Really hope Spidey 2 isn't MP, keep it SP only, at worst make it a bonus and not something the campaign is built upon

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Spider-Man 2 is built to be a co-op game, it will be a very easy pass for me

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Please make it a separate option

Some weirdoes value SP experiences and don't want those experiences compromised to suit other game modes they are less interested in.

But zing you gottem, I guess.
Doesn't have to be a compromise and everyone rushing to assume there will definitely be one if any kind of multiplayer is in the game at all is just silly.