• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think -

• Team Real

Votes: 1,128 62.8%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 669 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoroEunectes

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Both trailers won't happen this summer
despair-mad-max-fury-road.gif

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
No way yall expected to see a P3 Remake and P6 in the same summer lol. Yall geekin heavy

KoroEunectes

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Given that the game is supposed to be big in scope, it hasn't even been announced, and it's been internally delayed, we won't see it before 2025, and I'd be surprised if it's even announced before Q4 2023. It's great that we know that P3R is coming out soonish, though!
Guess I was hoping it would be mid 2024 with a short time between trailer and release like with Soul Hackers 2 (with the assumption that we would get a trailer in the next few months).
But it does makes sense though if they aren't ready to show either game this summer yet.
It's understandable just a bit bummed that we have to wait quite a while.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Guess I was hoping it would be mid 2024 with a short time between trailer and release like with Soul Hackers 2 (with the assumption that we would get a trailer in the next few months).
But it does makes sense though if they aren't ready to show either game this summer yet.
It's understandable just a bit bummed that we have to wait quite a while.
I still think it'll be a short time between announcements and releases, that's why I don't expect a P6 announcement soon. I too feel bad that we won't see any of them anytime soon, especially since Soul Hackers 2 was just okay and we haven't had many story-focused Atlus games lately, but they seem to have faced some internal problems in the last 5 years.

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone still thinking this might be fake, I get healthy skepticism, but in order for someone to have faked this they would've needed to:
  • Make a new Yukari Model/ Alter her p3d one, and then make some animations for her
  • Build a 3d environment based off the second block of Tartarus.
  • Make an Io and Venus Eagle Model
  • Decide to make your p3 video based off a random enemy in the second block of tartarus, instead of something more recognizable.
  • Have knowledge of sonic frontiers beta build, such as structures that were removed, and where boss fights used to be
  • Create a structure not in the final game
  • Know how to move the gigante fight, which to my understanding modders don't know how to do.
  • Remove the rails, improve the graphics while simultaneously removing and altering effects
  • Have sent sega bits fake screenshots of jsr in different styles or have knowledge of this survey the shots are from
  • Make a fully 3d environment for jsr, a new character model, and have also made this model in different styles.
  • Animate these character models.
  • Also composed music maybe? Do we have a source for the music for all of the clips?
  • Made 3 Videos and cut them together
  • Do all of this at a professional level.
  • Some other stuff I've forgot or don't know
This is an obscene amount of work for someone to do just to fake something, and would be one of the most impressive fake leaks ever, and to what end? to get a job?, for 5 minutes of fame? an ad for something? it doesn't make sense.

I would personally give a 99.99% chance to this being real.

EDIT: Changed Wording
It's not even a very provocative "leak". To dump so much work into what is essentially an old Sonic Frontiers build, JSR reboot that we already knew was being looked into, and a remake of an old game seems so random. These kind of high level hoaxes would have aimed for much higher profile releases or IPs.

Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't about the footage. It was about references to a spindash mechanic found in the game's files following the last major update. He's saying the spindash is coming in Update 2.
Wow. A physics based spin dash is coming!? That feels thread worthy, be still my heart. How many years has it been since we've gotten this in a 3D game!?

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised. I assume we'll probably get that other Persona game that you couldn't give details on this year?

There is a game coming next year that I'm still shocked not one site has leaked. Again, I won't comment on anything until titles are announced.

why do y'all do this to yourselves

This is where I'm at with this thread haha

I'm treading SO lightly. It sucks now but next couple years is Persona heavy. I'm actually sick of hearing about Persona lol.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
There is a game coming next year that I'm still shocked not one site has leaked. Again, I won't comment on anything until titles are announced.

I'm treading SO lightly. It sucks now but next couple years is Persona heavy. I'm actually sick of hearing about Persona lol.
I'm sure someone is making a list of possible spinoff Persona games and throwing darts on what to "leak", just like the Akechi game that turned out to be bullshit.

Maybe the real leak will come though.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Wow. A physics based spin dash is coming!? That feels thread worthy, be still my heart. How many years has it been since we've gotten this in a 3D game!?

It's still up in the air how it'll be implemented; a lot of Sonic news sites reported on it as if it was a given that it'd come by the second update and use this exact implementation, but if Kishimoto is holding off on implementing it due to not getting it just right yet, it's still subject to change. When it drops it'll definitely be thread worthy, but the physics-based Vs SLW-boost-style discourse that surrounds it right now probably a damper on things comparatively

(really hope once it's added it makes mods like these practically identical to the final game)

View: https://twitter.com/Proto_arts/status/1643544456128258051

If Hero is a Persona person, he's probably heard of this already ngl

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If ya'll want something you haven't experienced before that's Persona related during this "drought" (I don't think it is a drought) you should play Persona 2 if you haven't already.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The entirety of Persona 2 should be hidden in the P3 remake as Innocent Sin Online a la Yakuza's Club SEGA

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019

Don't know about everyone else, but the stuff with the anniversary broke me lol.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Don't know about everyone else, but the stuff with the anniversary broke me lol.
Anniversary was the biggest disappointment of the year for me personally. Almost fell off my chair when I saw the ultimate announcement was a release date for the ports we already knew about. Thought for sure we'd get some good surprises but nope.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Its not P3 remake right?

TaleBknB

Alt-Account
Banned
May 19, 2022
Man it's really frustrating to see Atlus taking forever to make games. Can't Sega do something about it ?

Are they planning to stay that small ? We will have to wait almost a decade for a new entry (a decade filled with spinoffs and ports)

For reference, Persona 5 was announced on PS3 in 2013.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm team real for every leak because I like to have fun and people who think everything is fake are LAME BOOOOO

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

So p3 this year?

I'm actually genuinely surprised that, based on what you're saying, the Persona team seems pretty small, you'd think that after the success they've had Sega would throw resources their way to speed it up. Then again, it could be a case like BGS, where they explicitly don't want to grow massive for fear of hurting their own ethos just to get games out the door faster.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man it's really frustrating to see Atlus taking forever to make games. Can't Sega do something about it ?

Are they planning to stay that small ? We will have to wait almost a decade for a new entry (a decade filled with spinoffs and ports)

Didn't the director move on? I am sure they've been spending time really thoroughly conceptualizing it. I'd rather it take time than become old-hat.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Make sure to carry on not hinting at what it is until the information is already out there, and then telling us it's what you meant by this.
The person you quoted and im a hero have shared a lot of stuff with us. It's not reasonable to think they're going to come in and spill the beans about everything they know. No one on here does that.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017

It is funny that it's going to be longer between 5 and 6 then between 4 and 5 with Atlus basically falling apart between 4 and 5. It must be terrifying for devs of P team as they had to fill the shoes of most the devs that moved on plus follow up one the most critically acclaimed rpgs of all time.

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
It is funny that it's going to be longer between 5 and 6 then between 4 and 5 with Atlus basically falling apart between 4 and 5. It must be terrifying for devs of P team as they had to fill the shoes of most the devs that moved on plus follow up one the most critically acclaimed rpgs of all time.
Not to mention P5 was their transition to HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.