• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think -

• Team Real

Votes: 1,128 62.8%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 669 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aeter

Jul 16, 2022
Well the caterpillar design here matches up with the concept art found in the artbook, so that definitely says something.
C34ED861-36AB-4120-893F-27BBF0A8E62A.jpg
DFF75CF8-9D9A-4B4D-A017-9966BFB33BD2.jpg

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
there's a shot of earth in the last second, what game could that be from? #teamreal

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm still leaning real but I don't think it's a confirmed thing for me either way:
  • Footage is supposedly from 2021 which would track with the Bloomberg report timings of Sega re-utilising JSR and Crazy Taxi IPs again, with JSR being some kinda GAAS model game.
  • People here are saying the Sonic Frontiers footage has enough significant differences to it to seem like a genuine earlier build of the game.
  • If this footage is real, I'm willing to believe this is from an investor meeting with the bare minimum done presentationally just to illustrate what is being worked on for investors.
  • This would explain the potential use of Yukari's P3D model and Akechi's bow, depending on how early in dev this is it's entirely possible they'd reuse assets as placeholder.
  • Nobody seems to be able to confirm the JSR proof of concept footage as fake or from another source. This isn't to say it's real, but there's nothing really disproving it. It looks janky, but if this is only to say to investors "we're working on this" a year before Schreier even reported on it being a thing then I'm willing to accept a very janky 5 second video could have been thrown together for investor presentation visuals.
Of course, the account tweeting this is very new, only has these two tweets to its name, and has closed DMs.

There's a good chance they could have planned for this Super Live presentation in advance and thrown together a quick P3D/Soul Hackers 2 mod clip, found some old Sonic Frontiers dev build footage and (if they planned far enough in advance) put together the janky looking JSR vid too.

It'd be very high effort just to troll, but weirder things have happened.

My personal take is it'll be easiest to disprove the Sonic Frontiers and JSR footage. If either of those clips can be found elsewhere online from before these tweets then I'd be far more willing to say this is fake outright.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
Ooh I wanna believe so bad, but I can't see anything definitive here. It all looks like it could be faked by people experienced with creating/animating 3D models. But maybe.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
That Beat redesign is really good.

Still not really happy the next JSR is a GAAS, though.

At least give me a Future remaster to make up for it 🥺

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Long montage of various Sonic footage. Short slice of one scene for games we've never seen before or officially confirmed? Gonna teamreal here

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited about JSR until I remembered that it was a GaaS game. The market is already saturated enough by them, let alone one for a niche series like JSR.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
Jet Set Radio needs to look more cartoony. I don't care for the current artstyle as much as the old one. It's not bad. Just more mature looking than I hoped for.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't even need a debate, that early Sonic Frontiers footage is clear proof that it's real. I'm almost more excited seeing that than the glimpse of JSR!

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
If it helps, as someone who's played a lot of mobage and PSO2, SEGA's GAAS titles are pretty generous and I've never made any purchases in them.
It's not so much about how generous they are. I just want a single player adventure like Future.

1681045363111782.png

View: https://twitter.com/SkyRaiderG7/status/1645032801274560512?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/SkyRaiderG7/status/1645039399644667904?s=20

Apparently that user had some kind of SEGA survey from Swagbucks with that pic, reminds me of the Armored Core 6 leaks that also came through a feedback survey.

Damn, Combo looks awesome, too.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
why did they streets of rage 4 the jet set radio crew? I like seeing old characters looking older but idk bout sega dling that with all their old ip.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
1681045363111782.png

Apparently that user had some kind of SEGA survey from Swagbucks with that pic, reminds me of the Armored Core 6 leaks that also came through a feedback survey.

image.png

Comparing this still from the twitter video to Beat's design in that updated concept art image, yeah, it's pretty 1:1 with the concept art clearly being newer or more refined.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
JSR is probably real, I saw someone post concept art in a discord from a focus group test that looked similar.

1681045363111782.png

Apparently that user had some kind of SEGA survey with that pic, reminds me of the Armored Core 6 leaks that also came through a feedback survey.

Yeah that

I have faith tbh. Original director and art director is gonna be behind it and it's just good to see Masayoshi Kikuchi coming out of the mobile dungeon after over 10 years. And Sega's IAP model has a decent track record to be generous

BTW Ryuta Udeas artstyle (artist behind original JSR) kind of evolved to be more realistic, here is his character design for his last mobile game:

demontribe6.jpg

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Having JSR, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and Hi-Fi Rush in the same year is too good to be true. #TeamFake

I just don't to get my hopes up and have them cruelly dashed.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
Does anyone know/expect them to reveal both P3R and P6 at the Sony event or am I coping because I don't want to wait another fucking year just to see P6...

The new JSR looks cool, I should be freaking out that JSR is back, but yeah Sega wanting it to chase the Fortnite audience has me worried.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I don't think a bunch of teenagers shooting themselves in the head to use their magic demon puppet is gonna fly in 202X whenever a potential remake would actually release, so I wouldn't say this is fake because it's missing.
It's not like teenage suicide wasn't an important topic in 2006 and Persona 3 still released with that as a mechanic. The game even drew very mild controversy at the time but was still ultimately okay.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Whoa, new developments? If it IS real and from a leaked 2021 thing of early footage, there's no relation to any potential announcement.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok the JSR game is news to me, that is exciting.

I'm not terribly into P3 but happy if it can get unstuck from PS2/PSP

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Considering the recent rumor said Persona 6 was internally delayed to 2024, wouldn't this mean the P3 Remake is releasing this year and therefore announcement is imminent?

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I wonder what platforms this will be on. I finally was able to play Persona in bed again with P5R's switch release. Do I have to look into remote play for the P3 remake?

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Jet Set Radio art looks rad. Why do ppl expect JSR to be gaas? What does that even mean for a game like JSR?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder what platforms this will be on. I finally was able to play Persona in bed again with P5R's switch release. Do I have to look into remote play for the P3 remake?
Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a timed PlayStation console exclusive. I'm pretty sure that was already rumored for P6.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Jet Set Radio art looks rad. Why do ppl expect JSR to be gaas? What does that even mean for a game like JSR?

Because Bloomberg reported as much:

www.resetera.com

Bloomberg: Sega Reboots Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio to Chase Fortnite Riches

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-19/sega-reboots-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-to-chase-fortnite-riches Big budget and Jet Set Radio aren't what I expect to see paired together but this is a direction I don't mind SEGA pivoting in. Hope they understand the charm and heart is what...

Status
Not open for further replies.