• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nitemare_zero

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Teacher taken hostage in Elementary school.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Situation-at-Elementary-School-454316713.html
Parent got into an argument with a staff member and created a hostage situation.
Kids and faculty have been evacuated to a nearby park and parents are being reunited with their children.
Police told staff man may be armed and hostage negotiators are trying to coax him out.
Update: Man punched one or more staff members, forced himself into the front office, took a teacher as hostage and barricaded themselves in a classroom. Police confirmed no students were taken only one hostage and it's a female teacher.
all students accounted for and evacuated

Last edited:

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, that's less than an hour from me. Hopefully no one gets hurt and the person gives up peacefully.

Oct 29, 2017
What an awful situation. Hopefully they aren't armed. I'm being naive but still.
I do want to make a lite note that NES and SNES are in the same thread

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
buddy says there are still 4 helicopters over the school

I'm from the IE. for the unaware, Riverside is a pretty rough area. Very, very high crime in general.

Uh no, I'm in Riverside and that school happens to be in the middle of a very white, upper middle class and rich area.

NES

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Uh no, I'm in Riverside and that school happens to be in the middle of a very white, upper middle class and rich area.

hate to break it to you, ALL of Riverside is a shithole

Go to City-Data and read up son

There is a reason your closest neighbor, San Bernardino, is one of the only cities to ever file BK

IE blows dude

Last edited:

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this in the news. It's crazy, I used to live very near this school. Had I not been in a program in another school I would have attended Castle View.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Take it down a notch, guys.

Is this still ongoing? Do we know what caused them to take a hostage?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I could find was that they fired a smoke grenade into the room, but no confirmation if anyone was actually shot.

Some reports noting that there was a confrontation about safety procedure at the school he wasn't following, so when another teacher confronted him, the suspect punched him in the face, then took the teacher hostage.

Probably will need to wait until tomorrow for more details, but sounds like everyone outside of the hostage is safe at least.