• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am in the same team. Trying to spot mistakes in this specific render to prove that this is fake is kinda funny considering we know how the end product will look like lol.
I'm laughing because who cares? An N64 Mini is going to look like a...N64 lol. We already know the N64 Mini is real. Just wait for when it's abbounced.

If the games leaked then we have something to talk about. That's what we need to know.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Even the fonts are wrong. Come on now this is a crap fake.

5.jpg

vs

boq2ffjm3xr11.jpg

For those not typographically aware

- See horrible default kerning between letters R and Y, P and A. It's nice and tight in the real thing, there is an amateur hour gap in the fake
- See the shapes of O, P and S for example
- Look at M middle bar, it goes all the way to the bottom in the real thing

This is a bad fake and mods should lock this
Today I learned what kerning is.

We're done here.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017

5.jpg

vs

boq2ffjm3xr11.jpg

- See horrible default kerning between letters R and Y, P and A. It's nice and tight in the real thing, there is an amateur hour gap in the fake

Good work. It's coming, but I think these are fake.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If the n64 mini is real, is there a remote possibility that they would improve the games' resolution through emulation? At least to 720p? While 2D games aged well, ps1 and n64 look like absolute garbage by today's standards.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the n64 mini is real, is there a remote possibility that they would improve the games' resolution through emulation? At least to 720p? While 2D games aged well, ps1 and n64 look like absolute garbage by today's standards.
They really look bad. I'm gonna guess and say Nintendo does the right thing and improve the resolution.

*holds in laughter*

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think Mario 64 and Star Fox 64 still look and run relatively decent. Other games are a blurry low-poly mess, but least you didn't have polygon and texture warping like PS1

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I doubt Goldeneye would be on it because of all the licensing issues. Which sucks! I'd love to go through Goldeneye again.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Fake but seems likely it will come esp now the Playstation Tiny is coming

personally, i think they would be smart to release a Game Boy/advance classic instead. Both portable and linkasble to your TV maybe using the Switch dock to er dock

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
They'll float it out during Q1/2 so they're not competing for nolstagia dollars.

on the one hand it seems mad to not have it out during gift buying season but the classics are always insanelt popular so maybe they will.

it seems super weird to me that not only have they announced nothing on any kind of Virtual console or alternative for switch they have also stopped the only alternative they offer at the Snes.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They are going to look exactly like the VC versions, plus whatever filters they add

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
If this is fake, the person who made it spent more time working on these images than 90% of N64 Mini purchasers will likely spend playing the N64 Mini

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

5.jpg

vs

boq2ffjm3xr11.jpg

Not to mention the N64 logo on the front is also incorrect and badly-placed.

On the real N64, the word "NINTENDO" is a darker shade of grey than the "64".

console.jpg

Also notice how the whole logo on the Mini is printed fairly lower on the plate than on the real N64.

This is a total fake. Let's move on.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
it's a pretty good CG render. few giveaways though. the floating controller plug, the shadow it produces and a few of the reflections are too clean and lack color contamination. #teamfake