• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Most likely a fan made this. Because no way a top tier studio is creating facial models like this, let alone putting it front and center on the cover.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Not liking the cartoony face models on the cover which is strange since they look great in the game. But September 10th would be amazing, I was expecting November

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
no designer in their right mind would make this and no art director worth their salt would approve this cover.

I will avatar bet myself on this, if this is the real cover I'll make it my avi for a year.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
If that date is correct is a little earlier than I expected, which is great because I am very much looking forward to play it

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Talk about overreacting. It looks fine. Not great but fine. Calling to atrocious is too much. Good release date too.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really care for the cover personally. Hope the game is good though.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me I want to at least replay the New Hope sequence in the second game before Gears 5. You have to figure that Samson fella will play a role in the campaign with all the Locust/Swarm stuff going on.

Apr 4, 2019
Robo-Sonic 2.0 !

Kait just looks awkward, and I don't really know what the overall design is supposed to be with the red stuff. Is the subliminal outline shape supposed to be a heart?

Either way, I figured they would try to mix in the symbol of the Locust aside from emphasizing Kait.

----

September would be a nice drop, just like Reach and Halo 3. Avoid the usual nuttiness of late of October to mid November.

Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_1_Movie_Variant.jpg

Kait Sith >:O The circus is complete.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Looks pretty bland and not a good use of the cover space.

Some faces also look a bit weird and cartoony.

Just say because GOW means God Of War for most people now.

Also you thought its "cooler" since you are the same person who came up with Gears Pop where even Phil Spencer rolled his eyes at first when he heard the idea and then just let you do your thing.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping Gears moves away from this never ending war, and is focused on a smaller personal conflicts. 4 man meathead squad has overstayed its welcome.

Looks pretty bland and not a good use of the cover space.

Some faces also look a bit weird and cartoony.

Just say because GOW means God Of War for most people.

Also you thought its "cooler" since you are the same person who came up with Gears Pop where even Phil Spencer rolled his eyes at first when he heard the idea.

Whats with the snark? Its a valid reason, we do just call it Gears, and GOW and GoW are distinct enough for me. I've always associated GoW with Gears.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cover looks okay and release date is great. With probably no Forza this year, Call Of Duty likely shifting back to November, a new Battlefield probably not coming this year either, etc. my September-October interval is kinda empty as it stands. Would be a terrific start of the "season" on Game Pass.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think this box art is real, but won't be the final one. Looks like some things needs to be fixed (or the low res isn't helping matters).

Regardless, I like the series dropping "of War" no one ever calls it by its full name anyway. There's a reason the joke "Halo, Gears, Forza" is never written as "halo, Gears of War, Forza"

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Also you thought its "cooler" since you are the same person who came up with Gears Pop where even Phil Spencer rolled his eyes at first when he heard the idea and then just let you do your thing.
What an oddly aggressive response to a pretty innocuous tweet from Rod.
Hoping Gears moves away from this never ending war, and is focused on a smaller personal conflicts. 4 man meathead squad has overstayed its welcome.
?

There is no war in 4 or what we've seen of 5 nor a meathead squad.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Cover def looks temp if it's real and real bland, but damn do people like to over react. September would be a good month, with no Forza this year to take up the spot.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Where have you people been when they announced at last year's E3 that the next installment will be called Gears 5 and therefor the "of War" will be dropped? I am kinda surprised that people are confused by it.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Not a great cover... gives vibes of this game being an 'installment'. Is Gears 5 the second in a trilogy?

Shame because the first three had great covers, and 4's was fine.