• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I just think its lame answer to say its still called Gears Of War while officially calling no product anymore Gears Of War.

But i guess Vin Diesel was right its all about family.
The franchise has been Gears of War for all past iterations, and there will probably still be merchandise, movies, books and comics that use the full title.

The community already calls it Gears anyways.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks ugly. Gears 5 sounds dumb. Game looks boring anyway. Bring back the old crew. Cranky old men shooting shit and talking trash.

God knows why they try to implement new "characters" and "story" in a series that was all about shooting, violence and dumb talk. Nowadays everything has to be "cinematic with emotions" I guess ...

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Looking forward to the game, but this cover is a bit, um, shit to be honest. Well since im going digital i guess it doesn't matter.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
the part of the screenshot that's supposed to show the release date translates to "unlisted" according to google translate

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Design is fine, just the character models being low res ruins it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Disney cover
Avengers-Endgame.jpg

Avengers-Infinity-War.jpg

Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_1_Movie_Variant.jpg

The release date is super good, tho
Perfect timing.
It looks nothing like those, lol. The Gears cover looks like an amateur 3D render

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Not concerned about he cover as I am buying it digital. I'm just happy is has a release date :)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the cover.

Say what you want about Gears 4, but its boxart was amazing

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018

Most everyone I've played with has just said/messaged "Gears" rather than Gears of War since the first one.

"Want to play some Gears?"

My buddy and I played through the campaigns in insane in local coop for the first 3 and called those very late nights of grinding through them "Gears and Beers."

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
Looks like a bootleg copy someone tries to sell you at a bar at 11pm on a weekday.

Can't be real, GoW games always have fantastic box art.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Looks ugly. Gears 5 sounds dumb. Game looks boring anyway. Bring back the old crew. Cranky old men shooting shit and talking trash.

God knows why they try to implement new "characters" and "story" in a series that was all about shooting, violence and dumb talk. Nowadays everything has to be "cinematic with emotions" I guess ...
that is one hell of a negative post ! Jesus Christ

EDIT: Actually maybe a joke post, not sure sometimes

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Game industry is smothering itself with this asinine release schedule. Release something outside of the sept-nov window for fuck sake.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
On second thought, I think it may be a placeholder. Final version may look closer to 4's boxart with the same theme of humans on the right, locust on the left.
apps.11650.13510798887356280.235dc311-b50e-403c-af16-ceffcc2c2399.99b85445-285f-4bc9-a0ec-53e5c36b1ae3

That said, this definitely looks like the character key art they'll be using.