• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
D6chgFsXkAATxPL.jpg

portada-gears-5-generacionxbox.jpg

(Ignore the shameless watermark)

https://generacionxbox.com/portada-oficial-de-gears-5-fecha-lanzamiento/
And today, as usual in Generation Xbox, we like to investigate where we can, we have found an exclusive that you will like, the official cover of Gears 5, which has appeared listed in the Taiwanese system of age classification.

The other data we have found is the possible launch date, September 10.

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Heavybreathing.gif

That release date would be dope.
Cover is fine.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Doubt it. The central face on the cover looks terrible, like she's put together in a low-rent create-a character tool.

Mjolnir

Alt account
Banned
May 2, 2019
sorry to say, but that is a terrible cover

looks like something out of the REBOOT cartoon show back in the 90's

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, weird cover. I would think they could get a better render of her. makes me think it has to be fake.

Oct 29, 2017
I totally forgot this was even coming.

I loved Gears and Halo during the 360 gen, it's a shame I don't really care much now. Hopefully that'll change.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Everyone refers to the series as "Gears" so Rod Fergusson (studio head) decided to shorten it.

Box art looks dope (especially compared to Gears 4) and the Queen being back is HUGE, also September 10th is way earlier than I imagined (was thinking mid October) wonder where this leaves Ori? was certain that would be early September, especially with no Forza this year.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
That's among the worst covers I've ever seen. Having a woman in the centre is great but the overall design is wtf.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that graphic is real. Some of the characters are poorly cutout and poorly blended together as well. The whole composition is awkward.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
So this game will be pretty different from the others right? More open level design, more focus on Locust lore etc?

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
What is so horrible about the cover? Lmao, it doesn't look great but it's not bad either, it's fine... just like the majority of game covers, I will take this one over your common white guy posing with a gun and nothing else more cover

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Honestly probably a GOTY contender. I feel completely comfortable saying that right now this is looking to be a banger

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks very placeholder, or at least not the final form. The balance is quite off.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I'm guessing real. Seems to follow the Gears cover tradition of main characters showing off the new weapons in a V formation.

We already knew Myrrah would be in the game in some form since the reveal trailer, but it's interesting that she's in her Gears 3 armor on this cover and in her Gears 2 armor in the trailer dream sequences.

A few questions: what gun is Del holding? What's up with that Armored Kantus? Is that the new RAAM/Skorge? Hmmm...