• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Saw this on Reddit:

Just as a note, in case you don't have the time to read the full post, there's a TL;DR at the bottom giving a brief overview.

Also thought I'd say, it's very likely that a Direct might happen before the 22nd. But I titled the post without realizing the 22nd is a Monday, and that it's possible a direct could happen after the 22nd as well.

Ok. So personally, I loved all of the trolling Nintendo did, I loved the Mini Direct, and I assume there will be more since they've got a lot to cover in regards to 2018. While I'm not saying that this is any indication that there will 100% be a new Nintendo Direct within the next month, I though I would just compile my thoughts and a prediction on when the next Nintendo Direct might happen.

First, the major topic: This post by u/Moonlight23 on r/Nintendo shows that there's a new Nintendo Direct within 20 days of a Mini Direct. Obviously this is a big point, and while we usually have a Direct each month, it seems that having a Mini Direct means that they need to get the announcements out of the way that people might not get as hyped over and give them a spotlight for some time before the big-hitters drop.

Next: This post from u/NeoNosferatu about his in-store Nintendo Switch Demo unit getting an update. He mentioned that a Nintendo Rep messed with the Demo Unit and said it would update with 10 new games (or something of that form) on the 22nd. Now, in the comments there was a check of validity, and it appeared that he has been working or worked at a game store, so there is a chance it's real. Beyond that. Let's say the Direct happens on the 22nd (or even before that), then that means his in-store Demo Unit updates with new games that were announced and featured games with demos and trailers shown during a Direct that happen on or before that day. So compounding these two things, a Direct either on the 22nd or before that is very possible.

The Third Factor: this post by u/ben9900 mentions Nintendo of Japan has left the blank space on the Nintendo Direct Website there. Every time that there is a blank space freed up on the Japan Direct Website, that means within a couple of days, a new Direct would be announced or streamed (usually, it may have been more than a couple of days). Add this to the fact that we had a Mini Direct, which is usually followed by a big Nintendo Direct within 20 days, and that we have rumor of in-store Demo Units getting updates that will launch on the 22nd, the plot thickens.

Finally, the last point that I present to you: Nintendo still has a ton of information that they need to get to the public. Just having a Mini Direct and not following it up or doing anything bigger until April or E3 will leave a lot of people wanting more, and leaves a lot of things to talk about, primarily, the Online Service. I could understand if we don't get any info until a Direct closer to the Online Service official launch, or maybe we'll even get a Direct focused entirely on the Online Service, but regardless, Nintendo probably has some game announcements to make, an Online Service to reveal, new system updates, and possibly more surprises.

TL;DR - Big Nintendo Directs happen within 20 days of a Mini Direct, u/NeoNosferatu remarked on his in-store unit having an update with 10 new titles on the 22nd (11 days after the Mini Direct), Japan's Direct website left a blank space again, which is a precursor to some form of Nintendo Direct happening, and Nintendo has a lot of things they need to discuss and possibly reveal still, such as the Online Service.

All of this is speculation, and it's very compelling evidence, but none of this confirms that there's a Direct happening on the 22nd or before then. So take this all with a grain of salt.

Also keep the discussion going in the comments. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Edit: added sources to other Reddit posts regarding each point, since I realized I could add sources with embedded links, added more information, and fixed typos.

Edit 2: I also want to say I'd be totally satisfied with no new major directs until April, and I don't think Nintendo needs to make a new Direct or anything. Just compiling info to what leads me to believe there may be a big Direct coming soon.

I'm not saying get excited, but it is certainly something!

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
cmWg8PA.gif

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
If it happens, it happens. But the speed at which people have jumped on this train of "There has to be another one, right?! That can't be it, right?!" is.... sad.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd like for this to be true.... don't do this to yourselves. It's highly unlikely that we'll get another direct before end of February-March.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There were 7th threads locked about this.
That being said, the other were only mentioning the "first major topic" that was proved false or at least liar (like most were japan only game focused directs and the 20 days later was a direct based on the louvre software =P)

The only big one is the 10 new games on the 22nd.... that is not exactly trustfull

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There will be probably be another Direct if only because Bayonetta and Detective Pikachu are rapidly approaching release.

Let's also throw in that Link's Awakening 3DS remake too, why not

OP
OP
Fishsnot

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
The mini Direct was solid enough to be a normal Direct, can't imagine what else they have to show.

No it wasn't. They still never touched on a lot of things.
No showing of Yoshi, despite being playable for a long time ago it seems.
No showing of Octopath Traveller.
No online mentio.
No VC mention.
Plus we had a Mini Direct, which is usually followed by a big Nintendo Direct within 20 days

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's sad people are now trying to believe another one is NOT coming, because they know it's coming, but don't want to exacerbate expectations like last time.

It's probably smart, but you KNOW a proper one is coming real soon.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Inb4 lock
While I want one to come soon, let's calm down and wait for something more concrete.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
There were 7th threads locked about this.
That being said, the other were only mentioning the "first major topic" that was proved false or at least liar (like most were japan only game focused directs and the 20 days later was a direct based on the louvre software =P)

The only big one is the 10 new games on the 22nd.... that is not exactly trustfull

The fact is that this was the first global general direct mini ever, so it's obvious that the previous one were local direct mini. But it's true that every direct mini has always been followed by either a direct mini or a direct.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I think it's sad people are now trying to believe another one is NOT coming, because they know it's coming, but don't want to exacerbate expectations like last time.

It's probably smart, but you KNOW a proper one is coming real soon.
There is another Direct coming.
Believing there's one just a couple weeks away, though.
That's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.