• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To throw some fuel onto the 'Project REsistence is part of RE3r' fire, they tweeted out concept art of a burning Raccoon City street which is presumably a map;

EEXcz5dXUAE8hwN

And seeing as everything we've seen is underground, a map set on the burning city streets is interesting. It could just be more RE2r reuse but all the other locations are new so why wouldn't this be. Plus that art shows a street (and what looks like a tower, hmm) that wasn't in RE2r. Just a thought...

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
To throw some fuel onto the 'Project REsistence is part of RE3r' fire, they tweeted out concept art of a burning Raccoon City street which is presumably a map;

EEXcz5dXUAE8hwN

And seeing as everything we've seen is underground, a map set on the burning city streets is interesting. It could just be more RE2r reuse but all the other locations are new so why wouldn't this be. Plus that art shows a street (and what looks like a tower, hmm) that wasn't in RE2r. Just a thought...

There's also this one as well
EEZC0GKWkAEy8-Y

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

EEXcz5dXUAE8hwN

Hmmm...

gfs_15080_2_137_mid.jpg

My impression from what I've read was that there would be only one map. And considering how the whole point is a controlled environment of which the mastermind has complete control, how would that work in the streets of Raccoon?

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...

gfs_15080_2_137_mid.jpg

My impression from what I've read was that there would be only one map. And considering how the whole point is a controlled environment of which the mastermind has complete control, how would that work in the streets of Raccoon?

Honestly yeah I thought the same thing, but I don't know why they'd tweet that stuff out alongside character concept art if it wasn't going to be in the game. Maybe the campaign involves you escaping out onto the streets during the outbreak or something lol.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really hope they don't put her in a tube top. That was super cringey in the original

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Honestly yeah I thought the same thing, but I don't know why they'd tweet that stuff out alongside character concept art if it wasn't going to be in the game. Maybe the campaign involves you escaping out onto the streets during the outbreak or something lol.

True. This actually look like concept art from another game. And having part of it in the streets of Raccoon is the only way I can see Jill's cameo making sense. It's not like she is going to an secret Umbrella facility in the edge of the city, escape, and then go back to the middle of the doomed town.

Man I really hope they don't put her in a tube top. That was super cringey in the original

I thought it was great. But I wouldn't mind them giving her pants. But keep the skirt.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True. This actually look like concept art from another game. And having part of it in the streets of Raccoon is the only way I can see Jill's cameo making sense. It's not like she is going to an secret Umbrella facility in the edge of the city, escape, and then go back to the middle of the doomed town.

If Jill and Carlos are in this game then I only see them as what-if cameos that aren't actually there canonically. But yeah, it's weird for this street concept art when everything we've seen is underground.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Interesting. It would be a very weird way to reveal their resigns though. I'm also not sure if I'd like that outfit as a redesign for Jill. It looks like a fur jacket, shorts and boots. I don't know, seems a little tacky. And even more risque than her tube top and skirt.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Interesting. It would be a very weird way to reveal their resigns though. I'm also not sure if I'd like that outfit as a redesign for Jill. It looks like a fur jacket, shorts and boots. I don't know, seems a little tacky. And even more risque than her tube top and skirt.

The whole background image as a whole is weird, since it shows off new survivors and an unannounced Mastermind as well.
Really curious if it was intentional or someone just didn't realize what the background was showing.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
If this does tie into RE3 and shares lore with it how does Annette and Birkin fit. I think it being tied to RE3 is possible but maybe not being canon to it or directly tied to it.