SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I posted these in the other BF thread but new news so here we go. These were originally posted in Tom Henderson's Twitter discord. Apparently a bunch of influencers have been playing an alpha version of the game and someone pointed out that some of the squad names appear to be DICE employees. The UI aesthetic kind of matches up with the color scheme and aesthetic of the teasers. This appears to be from the same map and progressing as a sandstorm rolls through. If real this is probably the map that we'll play in the beta also.

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Looks real enough to me, heres an embed of them so others wont need to open the link.
elo6VfV.jpg

y2hxxI5.jpg

8CiCtUB.jpg
W2Hn1ix.jpg

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They block out the serial number watermarks that identify the player, but... can't they just determine who this was by looking at the squadmates.????

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like battlefield alright. Noticing there's a decent amount of people in that flying vehicle :D Should be fun.

BotFixer

Mar 16, 2021
The picture with the sand storm makes me think that the world has some serious climate issues. Could be part of reason of conflict in the game plus it'll give really fuckin insane maps.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
They block out the serial number watermarks that identify the player, but... can't they just determine who this was by looking at the squadmates.????
Yes, a simple server side check will tell them exactly who played that map with that squad and even used those vehicles, assuming their BI Logging is setup correctly.

The lack of watermarks on the screens is the only thing that gives me hesitancy... BATTLEFIELD usually has a lot of watermarks to prevent this in their alphas.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Hope this takes ahold of my friends and finally pulls us away from Warzone. I'm so tired of Warzone, but they won't play anything else lol

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
The map looks awesome, I like that this map and the Japanese one both have dynamic weather events, hoping for one set around the arctic or a volcano.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Those look like M1 abrams tanks and a Osprey but what about the gun and helicopter can someone ID those?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
There were some recent media previews so it makes sense to start seeing shots out there now. The stuff I heard sounds pretty cool, if a bit bleak/depressing from a narrative standpoint.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
This sure looks like Battlefield.
Can't freaking wait to play something not called Warzone.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Damn this is a leaky game. The sandstorm screenshot sure looks good though.
If they wanted to, they could identify who he is by the location of the watermarks too right?

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
all weapons and vehicles are fairly in the future. M1A5 tank while M1A3 is not even real (M1A2 is current model), Osprey is MV 38 while we are at MV 22, rifle is TG-24 and I couldn't find anything about it unless it's a future sniper rifle from Swiss Arms where the current model is TG-1.

looks like we could go much further into the future than we thought (2050/2060 ?)

I find also a bit strange to remove the watermark but leave the squad names very visible. Would give a 60% chance for it to be real.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad they decided to go to this time period. This one kind of snuck up on me... I sat out the last two Battlefields because I'm just not into WW1 and WW2 games. It's one of my favourite MP series, too. Very excite.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Those look like M1 abrams tanks and a Osprey but what about the gun and helicopter can someone ID those?

Helo looks like customized AH-1Z Viper with wheels instead of skids and front is different shape.

Rifle is harder tell from that angle, but it's bolt action rifle without scope attached.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
well that osprey with jet engines looks even further in the future than I was expecting

I'm happy about it but guessing a lot of people won't be

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Identifyingbattlefield.jpg

Yup, that's Battlefield. Can't wait to see it for reals.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
It doesn't look so far off compared to BF4 (it may be even worse), but then I read "Pre-Alpha" so it's OK.

Can't wait to see it in motion next week.