• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I would rather just have a full blown sequel but I'll take more of this game in any way it comes.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
As much as I would like a full blown remake my mind always goes back to "How would they even do that?" if you think a sequel that's all original levels and stuff. They were under quite a lot of pressure just to get 3 all-new zones in between all the remixed zones and acts and that's already a lot of ideas and creative energy and passion put into one thing which they can't simply reuse. Having to be original and creative is tough, and I have a feeling they may be going for just Mania and a bit of extra for now and a Mania 2 might see them hiring more low-class developers who want to try their hand at designing Sonic games. I can't prove they're burnt out or anything like that, but considering Mania's scope I already feel like people's expectations are getting set higher than what's realistic for a potential sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
A new playable character would be really neat.
Finally Scourge's time has come.
a8zCMw7.png

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
That'd be really bomber. I wouldn't mind something like a revamped Mushroom Hill, or even some Generations-like zones, even though that's kind of out there.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it means more new original levels cool, if it more recycled levels meh pass.

But please no more crazy long levels it really dragged final stretch of Sonic Mania down.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That'd be really bomber. I wouldn't mind something like a revamped Mushroom Hill, or even some Generations-like zones, even though that's kind of out there.
Any time spent making new art for translating a 3D-era level into 2D would be better spent making an original level, especially since every 3D Sonic game post SA1 has like, no interesting level concepts anyway

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A new playable character would be really neat.

Ever played Sonic Megamix by the same people? They had different play styles for Sonic, Mighty, and Shadow. Mighty was actually just like Sonic plays in Sonic Mania (minus the drop dash) but Sonic and Shadow played entirely differently. Sonic had the light speed dash and Shadow had a bunch of unique moves. I've been wondering when either play style would make an appearance in the Christian Whitehead games. Hopefully if this is DLC, they add in those play styles. Sonic in Sonic Megamix is particularly fun, IMO.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An enhanced edition with a physical release on consoles would be nice, like their recent Project DIVA DX release.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's completely new stages. Some of the best ideas in the game were from the original stages.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I will take more Sonic Mania. More would be good.
But please no more crazy long levels it really dragged final stretch of Sonic Mania down.
The long levels like Titanic Monarch were cool until you game over to the Act 2 boss and have to do two levels all over again. Or you come up against the ten minute timer and die because why, why on Earth do we still have this?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
YES PLEASE!

Mania is the only reason I care about this dumb franchise anymore. I'll triple dip.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Id buy it. Wouldn't even hesitate. Mania was one of my best gaming experiences in the whole of 2017. Especially will jump at the prospect of having more Tee Lopes music to listen to as well.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting if they're making new content since the official word was pretty hard on the side of "no DLC planned" not that long ago

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Any time spent making new art for translating a 3D-era level into 2D would be better spent making an original level

I see where you're coming from, Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon were some of the best zones in the series.
especially since every 3D Sonic game post SA1 has like, no interesting level concepts anyway

Gotta disagree. I wouldn't mind seeing zones based on something like Hang Castle or Asteroid Coaster.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see where you're coming from, Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon were some of the best zones in the series.

Gotta disagree. I wouldn't mind seeing zones based on something like Hang Castle or Asteroid Coaster.
I forgot about Colors when mentioning that. Yeah Aquarium Park would be pretty dope.

But Heroes is basically just a retread of classic Sonic level tropes anyway, to the point where it has the classic 2-act-per-zone structure in all but name.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Ah awesome, thread on Era for this. Read the news a few hours back on Sonic Retro so was hoping this would be spotted here. Sonic Mania: Enhanced Edition sounds most probable here, with the "Plus" presumably indicating more content as with Sonic Mega Collection Plus forever ago. Taxman remasters included? New stages? Who knows at this point, but it seems they're planning on a re-release of the game with something more added to justify the purchase. Sega must have seen the insane sales and that's what prompted this.

Eager to see more on this. Thread is watched, and I'll be checking in hoping to see news. Mania was GOTY 2017 for me.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I'd drop a few bucks just to get playable Amy and a level/boss design overhaul for Titanic Monarch and Egg Reverie.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
i'd like playable mighty, bean or fang

they already have sprites after all. throw in some angel island and mystic cave too

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add Metal Sonic already. His sprites are already in the game might as well just make him playable along with some classic stages.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I hope it is not too large. Mania has a bunch of little issues but I really rather them just move onto a completely new project. Triple Trouble remake in Mania's style please!

Ever played Sonic Megamix by the same people? They had different play styles for Sonic, Mighty, and Shadow. Mighty was actually just like Sonic plays in Sonic Mania (minus the drop dash) but Sonic and Shadow played entirely differently. Sonic had the light speed dash and Shadow had a bunch of unique moves. I've been wondering when either play style would make an appearance in the Christian Whitehead games. Hopefully if this is DLC, they add in those play styles. Sonic in Sonic Megamix is particularly fun, IMO.
All of those character concepts were by someone who had no direct hand in Sonic Mania. Even still I am sure they have loads of creative ideas with what they could do with someone like Metal Sonic.

Investing money into Mania again after realizing how inept sonic team is with Forces being a bomba.
Forces has at least one free DLC pack on the way.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'd like to see Amy playable. Tried a romhack where she replaced Sonic in 3 & Knuckles and that was pretty fun. You don't really realize how crucial rolling is until you play a character who can't. Metal Sonic can come, too, since he has sprites already.

Oh and the ability to team up any two characters for the game. Just for variety's sake.