• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
One very interesting part of the Nvidia leak is the mention of "nvn2" which seems to be the graphics api for the Switch successor. The original Switch api is just "nvn". Meanwhile, nvn2 is based on Ampere with ray tracing support and DLSS 2.2, all things that you can find in current gen hardware

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go again, back down the rabbit hole

Eslayer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the SOC for it is mentioned too (references showing that it exists at least, nothing specific like core counts)

Last edited:

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Even with a PS5 and Series X I think Switch games look great. So can't wait to see what's next.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I thought they would strip any RT cores and put more Tensor cores or more CUDA cores. However if they believe they can utilize RT well enough, could be worth it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia with the leak of the year again?

DLSS is cool. Curious to see how ray-tracing will be used on it

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
If it comes out in 2024 it will be sold out for its whole lifetime because of silicon shortage.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Nvn2 is nice and all, but what do you all think the nvn4 will be able to do?

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Nvidia already have a chip with amphere already, for robotics and stuff? Probably just need to strip it down to be more portable friendly.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people keep jumping to 2024 when all of the info corroborates what NateDrake and Bloomberg have said, thus making late 2022 or early 2023 the likely release timing.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be excited if only because existing games might run better but like, no one is going to be able to buy it. So why bother

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
This is a new leak, or something new that was discovered in the old leak?

New. We've only had reports/rumors that the next Switch would use DLSS, this pretty much confirms it but the interesting thing is the raytracing feature.
I don't know why people keep jumping to 2024 when all of the info corroborates what NateDrake and Bloomberg have said, thus making late 2022 or early 2023 the likely release timing.

Right but them and pretty much every insider under the sun got it wrong that the switch pro was launching next year and it turned out to be just an OLED model. So I don't trust them much on this next model supposedly hitting soon.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
FInally, Ocarina of time can be remade with some light Raytracing features

Oct 27, 2017
Holiday 2023 would work, and they could launch it with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Complete Edition with the dlc (for 69.99 haha you know it's happening next gen 😞)

My hope would be 8 cores @2GHz+, 2TFs docked (ideally portable too), 10-12GB LP RAM and push the energy use to 25-30W like Steam deck, no more 10w range. $399 with a LCD (sorry oled fans) 720p display

Hopefully they copy Sonys adaptive triggers and haptics too

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Holiday 2023 would work, and they could launch it with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Complete Edition with the dlc (for 69.99 haha you know it's happening next gen 😞)

My hope would be 8 cores @2GHz+, 2TFs docked (ideally portable too), 10-12GB LP RAM and push the energy use to 25-30W like Steam deck, no more 10w range. $399 with a LCD (sorry oled fans) 720p display

MK8 will remain on Switch, don't worry.

MK9 will be Switch 2.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ah the ol' Switch Pro/4K/2 talk. It's been awhile, old friend when we first started talking back in the olden days before the Covid plagues. Good times! Good to see you're well. Someday I hope we meet!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
$399 with a LCD (sorry oled fans) 720p display

I expect an OLED in the next Switch. The tech is cheap enough now and I still doubt that HDR will be implemented (at least for portable play anyway) due to battery life concerns powering a much brighter display. No way Nintendo downgrade from the current model which feels and looks premium. As for pricing, i'd hope for 399 if it means the best possible specs (and realistically they could get away with that), but it's probably going to cost 349

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
How am I going to justify another Switch purchase to my wife when I just bought a Switch OLED because "it looks like there is no successor on the horizon and I really want to play more Switch/Handheld mode"? 😅

On the other hand, a hardware upgrade can't come soon enough.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
New. We've only had reports/rumors that the next Switch would use DLSS, this pretty much confirms it but the interesting thing is the raytracing feature.

Right but them and pretty much every insider under the sun got it wrong that the switch pro was launching next year and it turned out to be just an OLED model. So I don't trust them much on this next model supposedly hitting soon.
Bloomberg seemingly got some wires crossed back when they said 2021, NateDrake only went along with it because he figured they knew what they were talking about but he himself had only ever heard 2022. Now we know from both of them that lots of devs have devkits and they were told to target late 2022 for their software releases. The Switch 4k is not 2-3 years away.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

As has been said a hundred times... when you have devs saying they have new dev kits and suppliers saying they are supplying screens and components for a new Switch, the two got conflated as the same thing. No developer knew of the OLED revision for last year.

Developers have had access to dev kits since late 2020 for this 4K/DLSS Switch and many are targeting end of 2022 for games.