• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's something like this (not my tweet):

Anyone else?

I'm in UK.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Isn't there something about setting your Xbox as your home console that prevents this error? Or am I thinking of somewhere else.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
It seems to be working fine for me (I live in the US)

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Isn't there something about setting your Xbox as your home console that prevents this error? Or am I thinking of somewhere else.

Yes. If your console is set to home, then games check the console license.

You cannot play offline games if Xbox Live goes down? Isn't this something Microsoft should fix?

You can if you are playing on your home console. (Game license checked against console.)

You cannot if you are playing on a guest console. (Game license checked against Xbox Live account entitlement.)

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. If your console is set to home, then games check the console license.

You can if you are playing on your home console. (Game license checked against console.)

You cannot if you are playing on a guest console. (Game license checked against Xbox Live account entitlement.)

My console is set to home console. Game Pass games doesn't work. Games I've bought does work.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Canada and booted up Banjo-Kazooie and Ori Definitive Edition from Game Pass, then my digital copy of Yakuza Like A Dragon, and they all work. The Microsoft Store seems messed up though.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even play games I bought digitally outside of game pass (Ac: Valhalla, for example)

The last time this happened, I had to go to Network Settings and actually press on the "Go Offline" button in order to play games again. This is of course in addition to having your console set up as your Home console.

Tarantism

Nov 8, 2017
I changed my series x to my "home" xbox after seeing this error but it just froze on that screen until I restarted. Still getting the error even though it now shows a check in the box saying that it is my home console.

UK here.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
-Unable to play Games bought or GamePass games
-unable to check anything on the Microsoft Store on console
-unable to download anything on the console

Damn I hope it won't mess with my current game of Yakuza 0, was using solely Quick Resume and haven't saved since ages.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Game works for me? But I'm only playing Game Pass games and tbf it was ReCore that was only suspended, not a new start. That might be why.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
Game pass and Gold games not working for me in the UK. Owned games and free to play stuff works.

Edit: Spoke too soon. The only games I own and have downloaded are 360 games.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft really do need to sort out the issue of Gamepass games being unplayable offline. PS Plus had this shit sorted a decade ago.