• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
With the latest deal Matt and Trey signed they definitely have a lot of stuff planned for South Park. I enjoyed Stick of Truth though Fractured Butt Whole was kinda meh to me.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's closer to Stick of Truth. I guess Fractured But Whole was alright but it didn't have the spark that Obsidian brought to the IP

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
3D game? Ryu ga Gotoku game starring Chef please.

Jokes aside, I will note I am incredibly done with South Park in this, the year 2021

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for a new South Park game, but not sure about 3D.

CPJ3Xfj92k4D_WMtPXIs3OHyEKWpkEe2QrDN80Sif4QV_D8YqlPgjos4_ZGyk5MTIex9BKqvwfv3rYJZNeBMQjSpComI4Z1grzyvUxkwga3xWBX2m5jLsBvQZsJxoI2yZcahmt5o

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't done a GTA style south park so I wonder if that's the direction they are going.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
The last "3D" South Park game in production was shelved, was going to be a GTA/Simpsons Road Rage-esque game

When they say 3D, they're probably meaning you can move on different axis like Stick of Truth and FBH.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The last two games did more for me than the last couple of seasons. I adored those games, Fractured But Whole was amazing.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So SoT was based on LotR, and FBW was based on the MCU. Too bad there isn't another obvious zeitgeist event for Matt and Trey to seize on. I do think it would be funny if they do something on the Universal Monsters Universe that failed if only because they could use it to dunk again on their punching-bag favourites of Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe. But it's only really funny in a meta-commentary like way, so it'd get old after about five minutes basing a game on something explicitly because it was unpopular.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i still need to check out But Whole. the combat in that looks fun (as opposed to Stick where i was basically just mashing buttons)

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
I am all for another RPG but I would love to see them go to other genres again.

The FPS on N64 was a blast. Give me a kart racer, they have tons of characters and iconic areas. An open world game like GTA would be pretty great too.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I really hope so. I loved Stick of Truth and the combat in Fractured was even better, I'd love a 3rd game!

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't found South Park to be funny in ages, but I enjoyed Stick of Truth and — to a lesser extent — Fractured but Whole. Hopefully this is more in line with the former.

Interesting that Schreier doesn't know if Ubisoft is working on this with Trey and Matt, which seems like it means that they may have passed on doing a third game altogether as Ubi isn't exactly known for their discretion towards projects of this nature.

Hopefully, a new game does trend more towards TSoT than TFBW, as I think that the latter sanded the humor down to make something a lot more palatable to non-show watchers that made it a lot less funny, while the former seemed to embrace being a video game to pay better homage to the medium for some killer gags (the Canada section being a particular highlight there) that were otherwise absent in the sequel. TFBW had more involved gameplay and is otherwise a super solid game, but I'm not sure it really gained anything out of being more mechanically involved actually did much for it in the long run.

Starburns

Oct 30, 2017
Denver
Here's my reminder to get back into Fractured but Whole. I loved Stick of Truth but bounced off of FbW pretty quickly due to other things.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down. Fractured but whole was not nearly as good as stick of Truth (nor as funny) but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Ooooh, 3D? I'm intrigued.

And yeah hopefully it's closer to Stick of Truth, didn't enjoyed the sequel as much.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Guess I'm an outlier but I thought Fractured but Whole was the better of the two games. Both incredible in their own right though

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Hopefully it's closer to Stick of Truth. I guess Fractured But Whole was alright but it didn't have the spark that Obsidian brought to the IP

Same. I loved Stick of Truth. It was perfect. Fractured But Whole was just OK. Definitely worth playing but a bit of a disappointment compared to the first one in terms of story, humour, progression, exploration and pretty much everything.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah by 3D they just mean the last 2 games most likely. Those games were co-developed by south park studios with their native assets and tools, and it resulted in what looked like 99% an interactive version of South Park. Why change it.