Post a good cover song

MrLampost

Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot of great choices in this thread already, but I will try and make a small contribution by linking to a favorite internet radio station of mine on SomaFM called Covers. It's a great little station to hear some very interesting and offbeat cover tunes.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I will defend this to my grave:

(It's from a great little album of cover versions of Disney theme park staples. I'd absolutely sing the praises of the Barenaked Ladies take on Grim Grinning Ghosts, too - although I think it sounds uncannily like They Might Be Giants)

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Not as good as the remastered version, but very good

Johnny owns this song

Just a classic clash piece

The best version of this song - fight me Hendrix fans

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this on my "Up Next" somewhere randomly in the middle of it... Not gonna lie, I clicked on it to hate on it. My thoughts were: "I bet it's one of those pretentious covers where they over sing the song". It only took 10 seconds into the song to win me over.

Brass Against - The Pot (Tool Cover)

Ziocyte

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this on my "Up Next" somewhere randomly in the middle of it... Not gonna lie, I clicked on it to hate on it. My thoughts were: "I bet it's one of those pretentious covers where they over sing the song". It only took 10 seconds into the song to win me over.

Brass Against - The Pot (Tool Cover)

^ This version is so good it gave me a renewed appreciation for the original song. Best case for a song cover.

I don't think this was posted already.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Some great covers in here guys, keep it up.

Not the Weezer / Toto covers, though. They're just bad.

I'm a big fan of cross-genre covers. This is one of my favorites: The Cardigans cover "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath".

alstrike thanks for that Wolf Like Me cover ... I love it.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Kishi bashi is my favorite modern artist.. and loved talking heads growing up. Needless to say I really dig this cover

Luchadeer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is not a cover in the true sense, but it is my favorite rendition of "words i never said"

Syriel

Dec 13, 2017
Cats in the Cradle and Hurt have already been covered in the thread, but none of these have been mentioned:

Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams

Jetta - I'd Love to Change the World

Avila - Dream On

Lana Del Rey - Once Upon a Dream

XenIneX

Oct 28, 2017
A metal cover of Toto's Africa more interesting than what Weezer snoozed out (Leo Moraccioli ft. Rabea & Hanna):

And, to balance out the chromatic karma, an orchestral ensemble arrangement of aha's Take On Me (Brooklyn Duo & Ensemble Connect)

Last edited:

Admiral Neon Elk

It's an anagram.
Oct 26, 2017
While I like Josh Ritter a lot, the Punch Brothers version of Another New World pretty much made the song theirs.

Studio Version:
Live Version:

It just feels like a much more realized journey compared to Ritter's.