• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
As in they have yet to make a film you didn't enjoy or have only had less than 2 duds.

The only movie Christopher nolan has done that I didn't really enjoy was dunkirk. Otherwise hes yet to slip up

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I can't think of a Guilhermo Del Toro movie I saw that I didn't liked. Even his animated series is awesome

And he is MUCH more versatile than people like Wes Anderson

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
3uSL1Fu.jpg

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
David Fincher for me.

Even his lesser works (in my opinion Alien 3, Benjamin Button) are good.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How am I the first to mention QT? His movies are always big and hasn't made a terrible one yet.

edit - lol literally right before I reply someone mentions him.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hayao Miyazaki and Jordan Peele are great. I want more from Peele before I can really put him in this category but I'm already at a point where I'll watch anything he directs.

Miyazaki has been at this longer than almost anyone in contention and has an absolutely stunning body of work. Even the "lesser" pics he's directed are among my favorites to watch and have taken on so much more meaning now that I can share them with my kids.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
It's Paul Thomas Anderson.

Hard Eight
Boogie Nights
Magnolia
Punch Drunk Love
There Will Be Blood
The Master
Inherent Vice
Phantom Thread

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Paul Thomas Anderson is still batting 1.000, and most of them have been homers. Hell, Phantom Thread might be his best, which is a good sign for the streak.

Cbrun44

Villeneuve has gotten better with each film and each has been excellent. Absolutely moving in the right direction.

Tarantino is a given.

PT Anderson is a given.

Nolan is a given

Wes Anderson, while I love all of his films, they have regressed and his schtick is getting worn.

Peele is 2 for 2. Hope that continues. His (minimal) attachment to The Twilight Zone has taken a bit of luster.

Paul Thomas Anderson has not made a bad movie and hasn't made anything less than great in 22 years
Ultimately this is the correct answer. PT Anderson is perfect.