• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to post the entire ending of Paris Texas but that's a huge spoiler and some of the best mood work I have seen in film (also my favourite movie) but here is the opening, beautiful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0YMCWR8jzpU

Probably one of the best films to observe the difference between European and American critics.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
A scary and cloudy night
A dark alley
A hard boiled detective walks towards an underground bar full of lowlifes

suddenly, the best use of existing cartoons in Roger Rabbit playing one of the most classic tunes.
The type of people who goes to the place... the penguim waiters giving literal on the rocks ... it is the first time in the movie we see a place that BELONGS to the cartoons. And how the rules works.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Steve Jobs and the flashback of him getting fired from Apple

Unfortunately can't find the complete scene, but the inter cutting of the two different timelines, the music, the dialogue... it's amazing

"I forced the vote because I believed I was right, I still believe I'm right and I'm right!"

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That station, by the way, is Tottenham Court Road. It's been extensively remodeled since then, but as far as I know those tunnels don't look all that different.

As for me, I'm going to go with this classic speech from 1976's Network.
The main character, Howard Beale, is a newscaster who's recently had a bit of a nervous breakdown and started doing politically-based rants on live TV that have become wildly popular. Before this scene, he discovered that the network he works for was about to be sold to a Saudi Arabian conglomerate and urged his viewers to protest against the deal. He's just been called into a conference room so the chairman of the company that currently owns the network can read him the riot act.

Really, really fucking good shout. Absolutely incredible scene.

A vital bit about the chairman which really elevates the scene on repeated viewing: Just before they go into the boardroom, the chairman pointedly says to Beale that "people say I can sell anything".

Boy, can he! He apes Beale's quasi-religious style perfectly, reaching him in a way no one else could. The moment he drops back to his normal voice is perfection.

Last edited:

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That station, by the way, is Tottenham Court Road. It's been extensively remodeled since then, but as far as I know those tunnels don't look all that different.

As for me, I'm going to go with this classic speech from 1976's Network.
The main character, Howard Beale, is a newscaster who's recently had a bit of a nervous breakdown and started doing politically-based rants on live TV that have become wildly popular. Before this scene, he discovered that the network he works for was about to be sold to a Saudi Arabian conglomerate and urged his viewers to protest against the deal. He's just been called into a conference room so the chairman of the company that currently owns the network can read him the riot act.

Goddamn, I need to rewatch Network.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Booksmart is a good movie with a few great scenes. Sadly, I can't find an upload of the bridge between these, with Kaitlyn Dever (who is every bit as good here as she was in Short Term 12) getting out of the pool and going inside, embarrassed and dazed.

OP
OP
bionic77

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The ending of The Last of the Mohicans, but tell you what. Don't watch this if you haven't seen the film. Go watch it instead, it has Daniel Day Lewis and we all know how the films he's in are.

So many emotions go through you at the end of that movie. Link doesn't work but that scene and that song is etched into my brain.

I love seeing things and scenes I have not seen before. But I will throw this one in for now.

Eastwood versus Van Cleef. Just as awesome as you imagined it would be!

OP
OP
bionic77

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Might be my favorite scene of anything I've ever seen in theaters. The score playing and seeing it on the big IMAX screen was damn near life altering.

I also saw this on IMAX and this was one of those very rare scenes in movies that was so good you almost forget to breathe while it is going on.

Nolan is a master of creating that kind of moment.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
I dont want to post it, but the ending to Burning is one of my favorite scenes in recent memories. All the themes of the movie come together and are conveyed entirely visually. It's super impressive.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
The entire climax of Hot Fuzz.

Edit: I actually meant to post this in the "Get Wrecked" thread, but this works too.

Last edited:

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
From the last two movies I watched the past two days:

The Truman Show

One Hour Photo

I wanted to post the scene where he gets fired but all I can find is this shitty clip but it's a great scene too. Williams is brilliant.

Interestingly enough, two movies where traditionally wacky comedians try less "funny" roles.

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
There's that one movie where Ashton Kutcher and Britney Murphy meet in Las Vegas and win the grand prize for slots. At the end of the movie Britney Murphy's best friend in the movie kicks the lawyer friend of Ashton and screams "YOU KNOW WHY!" (You know why btw)

Fucking great scene!

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Kingsman Manners Maketh Man was amazing, the final scene mindblowing... but the church scene was one of the most astounding audiovisual action piece I witnessed on a film:

This Sixsmith scene in Cloud Atlas destroyed me also with its powerful meaning and execution:

The theme music is something that always resonates with me.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am going to start with the introduction of Jesus in the Big Lebowski.

This is really a flawless scene. The introduction of the character from the acting, the edit and that music is absolutely brilliant. This is what everyone is trying to do in their movies when they introduce a character but very few do it as well as the Coen brothers did in this scene.

My dude. When I saw this thread earlier today, the back of the limo scene was the first thing to pop in my head. Unfortunately I don't know how to post videos on mobile.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Poor quality but an amazing scene from The Patriot with lots of parental revelations with brilliant acting by Mel and action too.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I never understood what it truly meant to be alone but after watching this scene I had an epiphany:

The cinematography at the end of the earth being so close but but yet so far hits home even harder.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Love this thread guys, keep them coming!

My contribution:

I love these movies. I feel that I could've picked pretty much any scene in them.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This scence always made my blood boil because of that racist quote. These guys were murders, drug dealers, and sex traffickers. And yet they still thought they were above others like black people.

Yeah absolutely, I think it's representative of the age. On the Ringer 'Rewatchables' they mention that in the "Ages the Worst" category. that is exactly what the mob did, too, though... Sent all of their drugs into black and Puerto Rican communities.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this is an easy one for me. Imagine being a 5 year old sitting in Grauman's Chinese Theater and seeing this....

That scene started my love affair with movies. The music. The spectacle. Perfection.