• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to start with the introduction of Jesus in the Big Lebowski.

This is really a flawless scene. The introduction of the character from the acting, the edit and that music is absolutely brilliant. This is what everyone is trying to do in their movies when they introduce a character but very few do it as well as the Coen brothers did in this scene.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK

The subway scene in An American Werewolf in London always got me, picturing myself in that situation and being stalked around those cramped tunnels. Ugh.

"I kick arse for the Lord!" Nothing else needs to be said.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Michael Clayton is not only one of my top 3 movies ever, but it also has two of my all time favorite scenes.

Here they are:

Nov 1, 2017
The subway scene in An American Werewolf in London always got me, picturing myself in that situation and being stalked around those cramped tunnels. Ugh.

That station, by the way, is Tottenham Court Road. It's been extensively remodeled since then, but as far as I know those tunnels don't look all that different.

As for me, I'm going to go with this classic speech from 1976's Network.
The main character, Howard Beale, is a newscaster who's recently had a bit of a nervous breakdown and started doing politically-based rants on live TV that have become wildly popular. Before this scene, he discovered that the network he works for was about to be sold to a Saudi Arabian conglomerate and urged his viewers to protest against the deal. He's just been called into a conference room so the chairman of the company that currently owns the network can read him the riot act.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Might be my favorite scene of anything I've ever seen in theaters. The score playing and seeing it on the big IMAX screen was damn near life altering.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
original.gif

The end scene of Call Me By Your Name. Amazing acting by Chalamet.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Always love hows this ends up and just the explosion is so nice.

And for a 2nd one, good fucking lord is this fight good.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Without question my favourite pairing of shot composition, music, and writing for a long time:

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The ending to The Godfather, specifically the iconic doors closing scene.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ace and Ginger meeting each other.

So much music, the cuts are beautiful especially the music cut between little richard kickin in love is strange.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Both of mine are from westerns, but while True Grit gets a lot of love, final scene of The Homesman is really overlooked:

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The choreography combined with the emotional music makes this scene amazing. Rewatched it countless times.

This scene is the conclusion to the driver's relationship development with irene, and also the encapsulation of it. The cinematography is beautiful, the acting is raw and the drastic tone change fit every theme of the movie, combined with the symbolism and reference in the ending shot..it's just phenomenal, might be my favorite scene of all time.

Last edited:

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Another wonderful scene. This time from Whiplash.

And another one from Manchester by the Sea.

darkness

Oct 25, 2017
Inglourious Basterds opening scene is the first that came to my mind.

Couldn't find a link with the full scene, but here's the first 5 minutes.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The birth of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen is quite amazing IMO. I little movie within a movie.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
All my favs will be mentioned or have already been mentioned but I adore this scene in Sid and Nancy.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Believe it or not, it's impossible to find a version of this with sound. Somehow.

edit: wtf there's sound when embedded LMAO
edit2: nvm, it's just the browser blocking sound on vimeo, for some reason, aight

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I will defend this movie to my dying breath, I love it so much, many scenes to pick from but this takes it for me

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
The end of Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks standing in the beach house after the music has stopped. I love the window shot with Jude law standing up and moving his camera. When Hanks says "I know" my eyes instantly well up.

And this scene is obviously brilliant as well.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017

The Hocus Pocus scene from Baby Driver, which was what actually got me to watch the movie despite Kevin Spacey being outed as a creep.