• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

domstah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ATX
if you ever get the chance, please watch Sexy Beast - it is an awesome heist movie, and one of ben Kingsley's best performances:

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

8 year olds dude.

Such a lovely scene. Such a lovely movie.

Some really good choices in here. The two from Children of Men blow my mind, The Fiat Multipla scene especially. Interstellar never fails to chill me exactly as It did seeing it for the first time. I wasn't ready for Whiplash. All time great performance from Simmons.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

It's a shame that Burt Reynolds hated the experience of working with p.t. anderson, because he is wonderful in Boogie Nights.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The opening scene of Mamet's Ronin (1998) is amazing. A group of international mercenaries are meeting up in a Parisian café. They're all wary of each other and wait for their client, played by Natasha Mcelholne to initiate the meet.

Robert de Niro plays a former intelligence operator who has to make contact with them. Instead of waltzing in, he takes long silent minutes to scope the place out from concealment and motivated actions, identify the parties involved and formulate an armed escape plan, all while maintaining cover as a French speaking everyman.

It's a meditative, beautifully scored vignette that shows the paranoia and danger of De Niro's world... but it's also the most realistic bit of espionage tradecraft I've seen in a movie. If you're wondering what real intelligence operations look like, it's not Bourne or Bond but little tense decisions such as this.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This single intro is better than 80% of the rest of movies.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
everything about the final confrontation in scream. the reveal of the two killers, the weird sexual energy between billy and stu, the way they toy with sidney back and forth. then when sidney turns the tables, it's great how the duo completely unravels. matthew lillard in particular kills this scene "i think i'm dying here, man..." gets me every time

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Gonna go with a superhero movie here since it's ERA

I don't think we've seen anything as good as the Spider-Man 2 train scene since it happened.

This is literally "What it means to be a superhero" the scene if I had to pick one. Blew me away first time seeing it and it's still fantastic.

Better than Superman stopping the plane.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a comic book movie, but this scene was so well done IMO, albeit short. Figured I'd post something different since everyone has the drama movies covered.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The end of Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks standing in the beach house after the music has stopped. I love the window shot with Jude law standing up and moving his camera. When Hanks says "I know" my eyes instantly well up.

And this scene is obviously brilliant as well.

Great movie. Reminds me to watch it again, it's been a while.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017

Probably one of my favorite traditionally animated scenes ever. The stars reflecting in the water, the roses, the reflections of the dances versus their true selves, etc.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Probably one of my favorite traditionally animated scenes ever. The stars reflecting in the water, the roses, the reflections of the dances versus their true selves, etc.

I watched this movie the day LGBT marriages became legal across the US. It's always felt a little magical (literally/especially when Utena turns into a car).

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

I post this all the time but goddamnit is there anything better from this century. What a fuckin MOVIE

the greatest sequence from one of the greatest movies all time. Well worth your time

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without question my favourite pairing of shot composition, music, and writing for a long time:

It's actually one of the most amazingly respectful gently feminist things in cinema. They never mess with her character - only fear shown is in the snakepit - for which she's mostly unconscious andwhich is designed as hell, not earthly danger.

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I watched this movie the day LGBT marriages became legal across the US. It's always felt a little magical (literally/especially when Utena turns into a car).

It's one of my all time favorite series. It's gender and relationship roles: the movie/series, wrapped up in the guise of a monster of the week surrealist fairy tale.

There is simply nothing out there like it, even all these decades later.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wild at Heart: Sailor Ripley's about to receive his first spell in jail - the beginning of the film, after Lula's momma tried and failed to seduce him in the restroom. And this sets the stage for an insane movie that does not let up after this. CAUTION - VIOLENCE.

Shoutout to Bobby Peru but I can't recommend his scenes because one of them DISTURBING SEXUAL ASSAULT is beyond disturbing, especially nowadays. Although to be clear it was designed to evoke the same weird revulsion - Lula's reaction is NOT consent. She is being raped. - for the same reason at the time. It's just too much for me these days.

Sailor can also be reasonable and sincere.

Last edited:

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

I have never actually seen this movie but I always watch this scene on YouTube.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Not from a movie but, come on, it counts. This is the last scene I watched that left me thinking "holy fuck that was brilliant". I was pretty disappointed in season 3 of Fargo but this one scene is the best of the series.

Also sorry for the off scene video. It's the only one I could find.