• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on behalf of Crazy Izanagi courtesy of the Adopt-A-User program, Gaming Edition.

NOTE: The subject of this topic might be delicate. Please try to keep this discussion civil. I am aware that this topic could spark a whole lot of meta questions and meta discussions, so please, consider putting those in a seperate thread. Furthermore, the requester has stated that he ''is not seeking to offend anyone or trying to start a fight over this. Its just a thread to get a better idea of how we view our characters.'' Thank you in advance and happy posting!

NOTE 2: If questions arise about this topic, consider PMing me first before writing up a Topic Report. If needed, ill engage in a discussion with the moderator and either have the topic removed or nuanced.

Now, on to the thread!

With all the talk about character designs and sexualization lately I became curious about something. What do you consider attractive in a character that isn't the sex your attracted to? Does that effect how we view character designs?

So what are some examples of a character you find attractive but aren't the sex your normally attracted to? For example If your a straight guy do you consider say Nathan Drake good looking? Same question if your a lesbian etc etc.

For me I consider most of the main cast of Final Fantasy XV attractive but I have to give my main vote to Ignis.

latest

Just a handsome likable guy.

I feel like this could give some insight on how we view our characters.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's impossible to be attracted to someone from a sex I'm not attracted too.

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017
It's impossible to be attracted to someone from a sex I'm not attracted too.

The op means someone of the opposite sex you are attacted too that, if you were attracted to that sex, you would likely be attracted to.

Even then, have fun with it ffs. No need to be a party pooper

For example, you can probably understand why some beautiful/handsome movie actor is more desirable than some slob walking down the street.

Bricks

Nov 6, 2017
Tricky question for bisexual people...

Can't decide between Geralt and Gabriel Belmont.

EDIT: Perhaps I should specify The Witcher 3's Geralt. The fan of the books in me isn't completely OK with how increasingly handsome they made him over the course of the trilogy, but yeah... I can't deny that in TW 3 he's a total hottie.

Last edited:

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I have a strong platonic attraction to Bayonetta. I love pretty much everything about her design and personality.

I'm trying to come up with a female character who I find especially attractive purely based on appearance (without also including personality, characterization, etc.), but I'm honestly struggling. Maybe Chun-Li?

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The qualities I find attractive in men don't convert well into women.

Though I've always said if I was straight id have liked pixie cut / short haired women so Bayonetta 2 Bayonetta or Rebecca Chambers.

bayonetta21280jpg-800626_1280w.jpg

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
I would have picked the newer version of Ignis but I think I would me more into punished Noctis myself

1474565797027.jpg

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Solid Snake / Big Boss. I don't even know what it is about them that I find attractive, I just do. It has pretty much become an in-joke with my girlfriend to talk about Snake's ass.

EDIT: Elaborating a bit more, I also find Kazuma Kiryu and Punished Noctis hot as hell so maybe it's about japanese-designed manly men without dialing the manly factor too high? (Gladio isn't my cup of tea for instance, too macho)

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Interesting thread - and thanks for being (mostly) inclusive in the title.

I'm gay but I if I liked ladies I would probably choose Twintelle at the moment.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I apologize to any bisexuals,pansexuals, or asexual people who might feel excluded. I was curious on how we view characters without the lense of possible sexual attraction.

I hope you aren't offended.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Where the brothers at?
ME3050866359_2.jpg

1518904-bruce.png

I never see black characters in hottest male threads, Eddy and Bruce are sexy as fuck.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Might sound strange, but Solid Snake from MGSone and not Snake from Snake Eater or other MGS games.
I'm also unsure if it's the Hero figure I see in him or some attractiveness. He stands out from all other gaming characters no matter if they look better then him.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have to go with Dante since he's such a carefree smart ass. A couple of my friends like Hanzo and McCree since they play a ton of Overwatch fwiw.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Hard for me. I consider myself straight, but I find other men attractive from time-to-time, in a non-sexual way if that's even possible.

stufte

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hard for me. I consider myself straight, but I find other men attractive from time-to-time, in a non-sexual way if that's even possible.

I'm straight as can be but you'd have to be lying to yourself not to be able to appreciate an attractive male form for what it is. You don't have to lust over someone to appreciate their beauty.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
As a bisexual man I find Ignis really unattractive with terrible hair OP.

Astolfo on the right

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.