• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Hi, Era First thread

Well, this is very simple. You share with your favorite game this gen and the user below will rate it and write a few lines about it.

I will start with mine
god_of_war_ps4__nombre_temporal_-3754795.jpg

Loved it since the first minute.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
8/10. I loved Halo games back in the day but fell off after Reach. It's been nice to revisit and it's awesome that it's still getting support. But it's been such a drawn out ordeal. If the complete and competent package had come out at release I might be singing it's praises more.
Also, I have trouble giving 10s to re-releases. They just don't sit in the same category as the original releases, unless they've really done something huge.

2914803-yakuza%200%20v2.jpg

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
9200000033356295.jpg

There hasn't been a day since I finished it that I don't think about it and I'm always trying resist replaying it all the time.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
^9.5/10 (pretty much a 10 but I'm too dumb to understand the story told by the game)

The Last of Us Remastered
The-Last-of-Us-Remastered.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
8/10. Great story, gunplay gets a little worn out toward the end.

Nier Automata.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
10/10: I liked Bastion and Transistor but Pyre is Supergiant's masterpiece. The gameplay, the writing, the graphics are all astounding.

Dreams

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
8/10. I loved Halo games back in the day but fell off after Reach. It's been nice to revisit and it's awesome that it's still getting support. But it's been such a drawn out ordeal. If the complete and competent package had come out at release I might be singing it's praises more.
Also, I have trouble giving 10s to re-releases. They just don't sit in the same category as the original releases, unless they've really done something huge.

2914803-yakuza%200%20v2.jpg

Yo, I just wanted to say thank you for actually writing a couple of paragraphs to justify your score. I feel like these topics never work if people just do the bare minimum and don't even bother trying to converse.

As for Yakuza Zero: based on the roughly 20 hours I played it I'd rate it 8/10. The combat is really good and I love the gameworld and variety of side activities but I felt like the pacing was a bit off and it feels a little bit antiquated and laborious in ways. I do intend to go back and finish at some point though as a lot of people seem to rate it among the very best in the series.

My choice: Shadow of the Colossus

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
Yo, I just wanted to say thank you for actually writing a couple of paragraphs to justify your score. I feel like these topics never work if people just do the bare minimum and don't even bother trying to converse.

As for Yakuza Zero: based on the roughly 20 hours I played it I'd rate it 8/10. The combat is really good and I love the gameworld and variety of side activities but I felt like the pacing was a bit off and it feels a little bit antiquated and laborious in ways. I do intend to go back and finish at some point though as a lot of people seem to rate it among the very best in the series.

My choice: Shadow of the Colossus

8/10 practically invented a new way of boss fights, a bit on the shorter side...

Remnant : From Ashes

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
9/10
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
7/10: gotta give it credit for having all the characters and everything!!! But if we're going off my personal opinion, I hate fighters and this is one of them. It's completely on me because I don't dedicate the time to get good at them. Yet, smash is the worst in this regard because at least in MK I understand the basics, but in smash after 40 hours I still feel like I'm fighting the controls though! Still gotta respect it tho and that's why I give it a 7.

Mine: Persona 5

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
So this doesn't get missed:
9/10 I like Dark Souls 3 more since the world seems way more varied and vast but Bloodborne is something special, also the performance keeps it from feeling like a 10. I like my higher fps for fast action games.

Devil May Cry 5
6/10. This was my first Devil May Cry game, though I've also completed Bayonetta, I just don't think the style of these games are for me. I had a hard time figuring the combat out, and I didn't have a clue about what was going on in the story, and by the end I didn't really care to try an figure it out.

RDR2 is my GOTG, but since it's already been said a few times I'll say Inside.

Nov 8, 2017
So this doesn't get missed:

6/10. This was my first Devil May Cry game, though I've also completed Bayonetta, I just don't think the style of these games are for me. I had a hard time figuring the combat out, and I didn't have a clue about what was going on in the story, and by the end I didn't really care to try an figure it out.

RDR2 is my GOTG, but since it's already been said a few times I'll say Inside.

7/10 a really good experience with an interesting story and fantastic atmosphere.Didn't wow me as much as Limbo did initially although it was a better game for sure. Definite recommendation to anyone.

My favorite from this generation is Super Mario Odyssey.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
7/10 a really good experience with an interesting story and fantastic atmosphere.Didn't wow me as much as Limbo did initially although it was a better game for sure. Definite recommendation to anyone.

My favorite from this generation is Super Mario Odyssey.
10/10, the second Mario game I ever completed and the first I beat alone.

I think I'm going to go with Celeste

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
9.5/10 - A new benchmark in storytelling in gaming. I felt like an 8 year old kid watching Conan for the first time while playing it.

Bloodborne.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
10/10
Agreed. Platinum'd it and never played a From Software game before that, let alone a Souls game

Smash Ultimate

EDIT: Response intended for Viceratops