• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Everyone. It's that time again! Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, and portable setups. This thread can be used for anything you want to post related to where you game. Brag and compliment - no negative statements around someone's setup unless they are asking for critical feedback.

Unfortunately I am in the process of moving to London over the next 1-2 months and don't have much of a setup - I will be posting a fantastic one once I'm moved in hopefully - so I thought this would be a good time to show the evolution of my gaming setup through the years:

Oj67k.jpg

UMwEs.jpg

Q2JTB.jpg

h38dx.jpg

FtDaXfq.jpg

Fhfs231.jpg

And the more recent place I game more:

fEdCn2H.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Distinct lack of soiled bedsheets, Tabris.

I'll be installing in-ceiling speakers soon (for both rear and height to complete a 5.1.2 at most setup). Will post pictures once it's done!

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, and here was my temporary gaming setup in San Francisco for a year, couldn't ship my furniture down so just picked up cheaper furniture - ignore my messy bed spread:

fJFTvI7.jpg

xjRrxM7.jpg

rCsNIYj.jpg

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
So you guys/girls even live in these places? Looks so untouched.

Not sure what you mean? You just need a duster, a vacuum, and a cloth / paper towel to keep it clean.

But yeah, I try to keep it that clean always. It's usually not hard unless I get lazy.

And I use a maid service usually to come in every 2 weeks which isn't too expensive.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
these threads always remind me that

a) i am poor

b) i sit way closer to the tv than most of you

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hmmm...

Hold my beer.

oWhWhkK.jpg

I have a much better setup with a 4K TV and everything back at my college apartment, but this gets the job done while I'm home for winter break.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
2_A7_B4722_FF29_42_AF_AE48_6_B614839_F71_E.jpg

The TV mount is full motion which is why its all the way towards the right because atm my bed is toward th right side of my room

fixd i think

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh I dont rly notice it, but I figured Id mention it before someone else did lmfao.
I usualy move the screen around depending on how I reorganize my room or if i decide to sit on a chair or something.

Ya, but doesn't your neck hurt after playing awhile and having to tilt it to the side all the time?

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pLWiU43.jpg

Simple but love it.
My switch dock normally stands on my desk (leftish side) but it's downstairs now this is in my room. And my ps4 + wii u and ps3 are on the ground next to my game desk (left).

Also yup those are official Callie and Marie splatfest tee's from japan ;) plus some Zelda, Mario + Splatoon amiibo scattered around my desk. Bag on the right has amiibo boxes in em under the desk there is 2 bags full of em too :P

Will put the Binding of Isaac physical edition stickers around the desk soonish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Nah my bed is literally in front of the tv and the screen isnt as far away as it looks in the pic.
Where i sit to play Im staring straight at it

I think people are posting sarcastically because your photo is rotated sideways.

I'm too ashamed to post my set up but these are gorgeous!

Please don't think that. Look at my first picture - it is so ugly. You gotta start somewhere and it takes time. I can maybe even help with some low cost advice.

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Nah my bed is literally in front of the tv and the screen isnt as far away as it looks in the pic.
Where i sit to play Im staring straight at it

Heh, you're still not getting it. Your TV, system, etc is all on its side because your pic is rotated 90 degrees.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, you're still not getting it. Your TV, system, etc is all on its side because your pic is rotated 90 degrees.
I think people are posting sarcastically because your photo is rotated sideways.

Please don't think that. Look at my first picture - it is so ugly. You gotta start somewhere and it takes time. I can maybe even help with some low cost advice.
Oh thats weird
Im on mobile and it isnt sideways on my screen.
Whoops lmfao

Oct 27, 2017
I might as well jump into this thread. I just straightened things up for when family came over for the holidays, so it's as good a time as any. Though be kind, it's still not as clean as I'd like it.

I'm not really happy with how I've got things now, but given the space I've got it's not terrible. I'm hoping to buy a home in the next year or two, so I'm hoping that I can set things up way nicer once I'm in a more permanent home. It would be nice to have room to hook up all my systems and put out all my Transformers collection, but for now a lot of my stuff has to be stored in the closet. Anyway, while it's no where near as nice as some other people's setups, I hope you all enjoy it.

I'll start with the living room.

JsAkXCk.jpg

mDIoROs.jpg

Then upstairs I've got my retro gaming stuff.

Here's the retro PC setup. Despite the modern looking cases, two of those are 90s era PCs for DOS and Windows 98 games. The other is a Windows XP machine. I need a proper desk for them, but this works well enough for just playing games.
CeqZql4.jpg

Here's the retro console stuff. I kind of have to pick and choose what gets hooked up at any one time. My wiring sucks too.
3QZVW2P.jpg

Then there's more games and toys on these shelves.
V6nWYJ4.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I might as well jump into this thread. I just straightened things up for when family came over for the holidays, so it's as good a time as any. Though be kind, it's still not as clean as I'd like it.

I'm not really happy with how I've got things now, but given the space I've got it's not terrible. I'm hoping to buy a home in the next year or two, so I'm hoping that I can set things up way nicer once I'm in a more permanent home. It would be nice to have room to hook up all my systems and put out all my Transformers collection, but for now a lot of my stuff has to be stored in the closet. Anyway, while it's no where near as nice as some other people's setups, I hope you all enjoy it.

I'll start with the living room.

JsAkXCk.jpg

mDIoROs.jpg
I personally prefer 'cozy' setups like yours to sanitized Ikea showrooms.

It looks like you have two audio setups next to one another, one for home theater and another for music. Could you merge them so the entertainment unit housed both? Conceivably you could get rid of the soundbar, too, and run everything through the AVR and towers /bookshelf speakers. I'm probably speaking out of ignorance here so apologies in advance!

Oct 27, 2017
I personally prefer 'cozy' setups like yours to sanitized Ikea showrooms.

It looks like you have two audio setups next to one another, one for home theater and another for music. Could you merge them so the entertainment unit housed both? Conceivably you could get rid of the soundbar, too, and run everything through the AVR and towers /bookshelf speakers. I'm probably speaking out of ignorance here so apologies in advance!

Well thank you! I guess cozy isn't a bad way to describe it.

My sound setup is a bit weird. The soundbar is pretty much only for the TV, but I did recently hook up my tape player to it. I'd prefer to hook it to the other one, but I don't have the room for it.
The stereo above the fireplace is just for music. It all runs through a vintage 1970s receiver. It's analog only, so I don't have a good way to hook it up to the TV. I guess I could buy an optical DAC, but the soundbar is good enough for the TV. One other thing that's stopped me from trying to get it all to work together is that I live in a townhouse right now, so I don't think my neighbors would be very happy if I was watching movies or playing games over the good speakers. :p

Also, this is super dumb, but the tower speakers aren't even hooked up. They're kind of terrible. I bought them a decade ago when I was in college, and I didn't know that much about audio stuff at the time. I keep meaning to get rid of them, but for now they're kind of furniture.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
tabris genuinely curious as to the fate of the two statues. Gone, relocated, in storage?

Oct 25, 2017
IKEA and Herman Miller showroom specifically.
21zq89.jpg

Well thank you! I guess cozy isn't a bad way to describe it.

My sound setup is a bit weird. The soundbar is pretty much only for the TV, but I did recently hook up my tape player to it. I'd prefer to hook it to the other one, but I don't have the room for it.
The stereo above the fireplace is just for music. It all runs through a vintage 1970s receiver. It's analog only, so I don't have a good way to hook it up to the TV. I guess I could buy an optical DAC, but the soundbar is good enough for the TV. One other thing that's stopped me from trying to get it all to work together is that I live in a townhouse right now, so I don't think my neighbors would be very happy if I was watching movies or playing games over the good speakers. :p

Also, this is super dumb, but the tower speakers aren't even hooked up. They're kind of terrible. I bought them a decade ago when I was in college, and I didn't know that much about audio stuff at the time. I keep meaning to get rid of them, but for now they're kind of furniture.
Fair enough then! I have a similar deterrent - haven't bothered to get a subwoofer yet because of our tenants living below us. Seems like we're gonna go for it, though, and just be careful of when and how often we use it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That transformers and toy collection from MattWhite is bananas.

I don't know how you could possible display that many figures in a coherent way.

Oct 27, 2017
That transformers and toy collection from MattWhite is bananas.

I don't know how you could possible display that many figures in a coherent way.

It will look nice until I get a new figure and don't have room on the shelves for it. Then it all goes to crap until I decide to redo the whole thing again. Don't ever get into toy collecting, it's expensive, eats up tons of space, and is hard to make look nice. :p
Though seriously, every few months I get bored of it and swap out what I've got on my shelves. There's a few items that always stay out, but I like to try to keep it fresh.
I also try to keep most of it out of the downstairs living area. There's a few things, but I like to keep it presentable if people who aren't huge dorks like me come over. Mostly a handful of nicer ones that I feel are decent conversation starters (also Derpy, but she's only out there because my girlfriend got it for me for Christmas, so it has to stay out there for now)

Shameless cut and pasted from the 2017 thread:

qZEt7lB.jpg

That tube amp looks lovely!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It will look nice until I get a new figure and don't have room on the shelves for it. Then it all goes to crap until I decide to redo the whole thing again. Don't ever get into toy collecting, it's expensive, eats up tons of space, and is hard to make look nice. :p
Though seriously, every few months I get bored of it and swap out what I've got on my shelves. There's a few items that always stay out, but I like to try to keep it fresh.
I also try to keep most of it out of the downstairs living area. There's a few things, but I like to keep it presentable if people who aren't huge dorks like me come over. Mostly a handful of nicer ones that I feel are decent conversation starters (also Derpy, but she's only out there because my girlfriend got it for me for Christmas, so it has to stay out there for now)
I try to limit what toys and shit I get. I try to limit my transformers to the masterpiece figures that I think are absolutely necessary (i.e. Soundwave, Optimus, the new Megatron) along with a few R2 and BB8 things.

R2 is definitely my weakness. If you can make a lifelike R2-D2 I am probably going to buy that shit.

I am getting the itch to start collecting retro consoles and getting a nice CRT. I know its a very bad decision but I kind of want to anyways...

Oct 27, 2017
I try to limit what toys and shit I get. I try to limit my transformers to the masterpiece figures that I think are absolutely necessary (i.e. Soundwave, Optimus, the new Megatron) along with a few R2 and BB8 things.

R2 is definitely my weakness. If you can make a lifelike R2-D2 I am probably going to buy that shit.

I am getting the itch to start collecting retro consoles and getting a nice CRT. I know its a very bad decision but I kind of want to anyways...

You could always try getting one of those smaller PVM CRTs. They're higher quality than normal ones, and a small one wouldn't eat up too much room.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome setups!!
Need your suggestions for displaying steelbooks. Don't have many, about a dozen or so. Want to display both the sides. So far plan is to have them in a big frame and hang them alongside other gaming posters. Any other inputs/suggestions/pics?

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
valentine: Love your view!

tabris: Your San Francisco view was amazing, I love flats with nice views. Looking forward to seeing your new place this year.

I am just going to copy my images from the last thread since I have not updated anything since then and it is currently winter, grey and dreary and would not make for nice new photos. :)

I am still in my studio apartment in Frankfurt. It's been over two years now and while I did think I would move on to something bigger, I just fell in love with this place and the central location and most of all the view. It just became home. I'll stay right here until I find something new that excites me and knocks me off my socks. And to those that were asking before, yes my apartment always looks like this. I have always been a tidy person and to me this is comfortable and cosy. Everything has its place and once I used it it gets put back, takes only a few seconds. I clean (vacuum+swiffer) once a week and that's pretty much it.

apartment_2017_5gpuhx.png

apartment_2017_2mokz1.png

apartment_2017_1j2jra.png

apartment_2017_4qqjay.png

apartment_2017_3qxjni.png

Last edited:

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
valentine: Love your view!

tabris: Your San Francisco view was amazing, I love flats with nice views. Looking forward to seeing your new place this year.

I am just going to copy my images from the last thread since I have no updated anything since then and it is currently winter, grey and dreary and would not make for nice new photos. :)

I am still in my studio apartment in Frankfurt. It's been over two years now and while I did think I would move on to something bigger, I just fell in love with this place and the central location and most of all the view. It just became home. I'll stay right until here until I find something new that excited me and knocks me off my socks. And to those that were asking before, yes my apartment always looks like this. I have always been a tidy person and to me this is comfortable and cosy. Everything has its place and once I used it it gets put back, takes only a few seconds. I clean (vacuum+swiffer) once a week and that's pretty much it.
Looks so cozy. Love it

Tabris, that San Francisco view is stunning

oblo

Dec 26, 2017
Belgium
Made a pic for the PC setup thread earlier, I really, really should have cleaned up a bit first but still, let's recycle that here:

xDvFWHg.jpg

On24jC4.jpg

I do own a TV and have quite a few other consoles & handhelds but really, this is the relevant stuff these days.