• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Welcome to what my roommates call The Hole:
VzZMaSK.jpg

Its like a theme park, you need a map for the different areas.
U0zi2bv.jpg

Here we have a Good Boy shrine
AsAd2pM.jpg

5nKsLBz.jpg

Finally some actual games, and a very sexy boy in the back.
Ddx8pBM.jpg

Another good boy shrine.
Y8solt2.jpg

Funkos, amiibos andetc. The only funko i bought was Seto Kaiba, the rest were gifts.
f8fwADm.jpg

Where I shove my vita and 3ds and excess games.
I used to have dual monitors instead of the ps4 but it was hooked up to a chromebook instead of a pc LMAO.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Welcome to what my roommates call The Hole:
VzZMaSK.jpg

Its like a theme park, you need a map for the different areas.
U0zi2bv.jpg

Here we have a Good Boy shrine
AsAd2pM.jpg

5nKsLBz.jpg

Finally some actual games, and a very sexy boy in the back.
Ddx8pBM.jpg

Another good boy shrine.
Y8solt2.jpg

Funkos, amiibos andetc. The only funko i bought was Seto Kaiba, the rest were gifts.
f8fwADm.jpg

Where I shove my vita and 3ds and excess games.
I used to have dual monitors instead of the ps4 but it was hooked up to a chromebook instead of a pc LMAO.
Dude is that a functioning PSTV?

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I would like to share my setup for this year as well. I've been following these threads for the past few years on here and the old forum and I have always been inspired by other people's setups.

It's great to see so many people posting this year and there have been some phenomenal posts so far.

My setup isn't a full house or living room but rather it's in the spare bedroom of the apartment I share with my fiancée. It doesn't have the most amount of space but I'm really pleased with it.

The equipment is as follows;
Panasonic ex750b 4k HDR TV
Logitech 5.1 surround sound
PS4 PRO
XBOX ONE X
PS3 Slim
Nintendo Switch
The headphones are the Philips Fidelio X2 with a vmoda boom mic.

For now, there's not a whole lot that I would change or that I have my eye on. I've been keeping an eye out for any PSVR deals here in the UK but other than that, I don't see many significant add-ons for the next year or so!

Extra pic - Best way to be spending Saturday night!

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

I hate tack swag and geekdom is all about that these days. Classly af artwork, compact, coszy, PS3 for life!

Also, this is now a good thread. I realized even if I could get the best, I'd just make a little corner space anyway!

Last edited:

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Dude is that a functioning PSTV?
how could i forget to talk about the sony playstation 3d tv... its actually the second one we had, the first had that black screen problem where the screen goes black randomly. This one does it too but very rarely. And i do have an ACTUAL pstv (vita tv) but its tucked away for now. Isn't it awful how sony names their shit? The tv doesn't have a headphone jack which is annoying when using it with a vita tv because that doesn't have one either!

Oct 25, 2017
Left a billion comments in this thread and then forgot my rearrangements have been done for over a week. Here's the studio.

IMG-0763.jpg

So I used to have all of my systems on top of the drawer, they were much easier to access on top, but I do prefer the cleaner look.

IMG-0762.jpg

Fuckton of wires behind the Switch, but at least they're tied.

IMG-0765.jpg

Not really a gaming laptop, but I've played Heat Signature on it.

IMG-0764.jpg

Made enough room to take my box TV out of the closet and leave it out permanently.

rinse82

Jul 30, 2018
I've posted my set up before but just wanted to share the result of a mini project to improve contrast in my picture.

My screen is setup in the basement and directly in front is a short ceiling. The white ceiling was causing a ton of reflection on the screen and really killing blacks. So I decided to paint the ceiling (and the side wall) with a flat black paint.

Very happy with the results:

https://imgur.com/gallery/N9WE70k

maks

Oct 27, 2017
LOL I also have a working PSTV. I put it on my arcade cab i built a few years back...I still didn't finish marquee or button lighting for it yet! I guess it could qualify as a setup. The monitor can be rotated and I have an alienware alpha inside with hyperspin, steam, and pinball. In the back I have hdmi/ethernet/usb ports so i can connect gaming consoles. Some old pics from sf5 release.

qtbRLIb.jpg

Oh7l9NZ.jpg

Major Byson

May 18, 2018
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

I hate tack swag and geekdom is all about that these days. Classly af artwork, compact, coszy, PS3 for life!

Also, this is now a good thread. I realized even if I could get the best, I'd just make a little corner space anyway!

Thank you for your kind words! I didn't expect to get much of a response on the thread due to the level of the setups on show so it is very much appreciated.

I try to keep it to the minimum and have recently gone off buying physical collectors editions etc as I found they were just becoming clutter and collecting dust!

And agreed, the PS3 is a great system! I still use mine for backwards compatibility!

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
f7bODqG.jpg

Bonus pic of the hunter on my shelf.
Dope setup of that hunter. How'd you do the moon. It really adds to it. I always love when people give a figure breathing room and a display. It truly makes them shine. It's hard as a figure collector to give figures space when there's so many things I love and so little space to display.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Dope setup of that hunter. How'd you do the moon. It really adds to it. I always love when people give a figure breathing room and a display. It truly makes them shine. It's hard as a figure collector to give figures space when there's so many things I love and so little space to display.

It's just 3D printed moon with light inside it. You can buy one from ebay or aliexpress. It has small battery inside which lasts maybe 3 hours on max brightness. I modded mine to use wall outlet so I don't have to worry about battery life.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Current setup. I typically keep the grills on the front speakers, and leave the left rear tower exposed. Didn't really feel like cleaning the computer desk area, but I've been wanting to post for a while.
Hn6Je4f.jpg

Sxc7w5j.jpg

AbYKiSo.jpg

Record Setup
XZXkXuw.jpg

Made a little stand for my projector, because the window doesn't really allow for it to be mounted.
gFKWSjo.jpg

This game sucked.

VaPWtYD.jpg

jqibq1N.jpg

My laptop gaming setup... which is primarily my girlfriend's Sims 4 computer.

0kGydPL.jpg

Oe24HLT.jpg

PXSB695.jpg

Decent view for the flat part of the country.

Bonus Dorm Pic Circa 2006:
DormRoom001.jpg

and bedroom circa 2004:
100_0460.jpg

100_0461.jpg

Last edited:

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
rad set-up, Mizzourah! i especially really love that little nook behind the couch with the chair and the record player beside the window. seems really cozy and i love space utilization like that.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
rad set-up, Mizzourah! i especially really love that little nook behind the couch with the chair and the record player beside the window. seems really cozy and i love space utilization like that.

Thank you! We'd been struggling to figure out what to do with that space for a long time, and I didn't think my girlfriend would ever relent to letting me keep that brown leather chair around, but we made that layout swap a couple of weeks ago, and I think it'll stick.

Mizzourah, I loved your set up! It looks really warm and cozy.

It's typically freezing in here! I'm cheap with the thermostat, and the windows/ concrete are like reverse heat sinks. Tried to make up for it with warmer tones in the decorations. Got pretty lucky with the color and fit of the TV console. Grabbed it off Craigslist for cheap, and then selected the speakers around it. The center channel fits in without a millimeter of clearance. It's crazy.

qKzzJCC.jpg

Speaker clearance.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
LOL I also have a working PSTV. I put it on my arcade cab i built a few years back...I still didn't finish marquee or button lighting for it yet! I guess it could qualify as a setup. The monitor can be rotated and I have an alienware alpha inside with hyperspin, steam, and pinball. In the back I have hdmi/ethernet/usb ports so i can connect gaming consoles. Some old pics from sf5 release.

qtbRLIb.jpg

Oh7l9NZ.jpg

Love that cabinet setup. Wish I had room to do the same.

Current setup. I typically keep the grills on the front speakers, and leave the left rear tower exposed. Didn't really feel like cleaning the computer desk area, but I've been wanting to post for a while.
Hn6Je4f.jpg

Sxc7w5j.jpg

AbYKiSo.jpg

Record Setup
XZXkXuw.jpg

Made a little stand for my projector, because the window doesn't really allow for it to be mounted.
gFKWSjo.jpg

This game sucked.

Great setup!! I really like the decor/furniture and looks like you you have everything covered for entertainment.

Jan 1, 2018
Madrid
I'm still working on the cable management and will change stuff soon so might post again in a couple of months, but this is how my room is looking right now.

This is where I normally game, watch movies and listen to music. I bought the 55" LG C7 a couple of months ago and still blows my mind everyday. The speakers are a pair of active JBL LSR305 connected directly to the TV's line output. Not ideal, I know. I'm currently thinking on buying an amp that supports both active and passive amps and maybe buy a subwoofer and a centre speaker, but I'm not 100% sure it'll be worth it. Consoles are hidden, but I've got an Xbox One X, a standard PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch connected to the TV.

TN8Gesc.jpg

In the "office" I have a 27" iMac that I use for work and music production with Ableton Live and a PC for gaming (GTX1060 6GB) that I'm using less and less. Both are connected to that Dell 23" 1080p display. I'm thinking on changing it for a 40-43" 4K TV but I'm still not 100% sure about that. Soundwise I have two JBL LSR305 connected to an Audient iD14 DAC. Cheap but amazing. Connected to both machines I have a mechanical Anne Pro and a Logitech MX Master mouse, but I use a wired Steelseries for gaming.

IocKP6Y.jpg

And here's the view from the desk. Sometimes I think I've got too many books/figures/stuff, and I'm trying to go 100% digital, but displaying some stuff gives a touch of color and personality to the room so whatever.

8QpA93q.jpg

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good chair ("gamer" chair or otherwise) for PC use? It has to have good back / lumbar support and arm rests. Biggest issue for me is cost; I pretty much really need it to stay below $300 CAD because I have to buy two of them, and I don't have much more in my "basement reno" budget.

I've been reading reviews, and something like the Respawn 200 seems to be well reviewed for comfort, but the reviews say that it is $200 USD or so, but in Canada it is way more expensive for some reason.

There is a big variety of chairs in this thread, so I'm hoping some of you have some great recommendations!

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
At this current moment I am using my desk as the gaming/work centre. It works really well having everything on my desk. The main goal was to get as many cables as hidden possible to get a clean work space and still have all my devices to be easily accessible ON the opt of my desk I have my BenQ 28" monitor with my ITX system as my main workhorse (Ryzen 1700 @ 3.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair 3000Mhz, GTX 1060 in Fractal Define Nano S). Also on the Desk is my work laptop, PS4 and a Raspberry Pi. Most of the wires are tucked away or twisted together, I don't have much space to work with so this is quite a pain. ITHe PS4 is actually behind the PC but it's hard to notice as I mostly buy DD so it remains hidden, even though it's on my desk - Oh almost forgot my Belkin wireless charger, this thing is amazing.

a7ckj1m.jpg

sur le web

Nov 8, 2017
I'm still working on the cable management and will change stuff soon so might post again in a couple of months, but this is how my room is looking right now.

This is where I normally game, watch movies and listen to music. I bought the 55" LG C7 a couple of months ago and still blows my mind everyday. The speakers are a pair of active JBL LSR305 connected directly to the TV's line output. Not ideal, I know. I'm currently thinking on buying an amp that supports both active and passive amps and maybe buy a subwoofer and a centre speaker, but I'm not 100% sure it'll be worth it. Consoles are hidden, but I've got an Xbox One X, a standard PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch connected to the TV.

In the "office" I have a 27" iMac that I use for work and music production with Ableton Live and a PC for gaming (GTX1060 6GB) that I'm using less and less. Both are connected to that Dell 23" 1080p display. I'm thinking on changing it for a 40-43" 4K TV but I'm still not 100% sure about that. Soundwise I have two JBL LSR305 connected to an Audient iD14 DAC. Cheap but amazing. Connected to both machines I have a mechanical Anne Pro and a Logitech MX Master mouse, but I use a wired Steelseries for gaming.

And here's the view from the desk. Sometimes I think I've got too many books/figures/stuff, and I'm trying to go 100% digital, but displaying some stuff gives a touch of color and personality to the room so whatever.
Great space and taste (and I'm not only saying that because we share color scheme and some of the furniture!). Although, I'm curious: like, where's the kitchen and bathroom situated in relation to your room? Is it a cohousing kind of thing?

Oct 27, 2017

Oe24HLT.jpg

PXSB695.jpg

Decent view for the flat part of the country.

That view looked familiar, especially that antenna. I was about to ask where it is, but then I noticed your name, the Chiefs game, and the Boulevard sign, and I thought, yep, that's KC.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
I posted my old game room already on this thread but the new one is finished and I already moved the games.
First of all, I can't fit all my games on this room and so my Vita, Neo Geo CD, Master System, Saturn and Dreamcast games aren't here.
A lot of the consoles also aren't here.
I will use in the old game room to store and display them but that apartment is going through a renovation right now and I won't live there anymore.

My current game room is a spare bedroom that I had and its bathroom. I took everything from the bathroom off and put shelves inside.
This is what it looks like now:

ZYESuyJh.jpg

C78iSoPl.jpg
SZ8EQekl.jpg
aDQAZAel.jpg
ns8BNxal.jpg
uUbNOQhl.jpg

In the bedroom I have the following games (from the top shelf to the bottom one):
Shelf 1: Xbox and Xbox 360
Shelf 2: Gameboy and Gameboy Color
Shelf 3: Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Virtual Boy and PC-Engine
Shelf 4: Xbox 360, PS3 and US Saturn
Shelf 5: PS2 and Genesis/Mega Drive
Shelf 6: loose SNES, PS1 and PS4
Shelf 7: loose N64, Neo Geo AES and loose Genesis/Mega Drive

I also use a PVM to play those games since they look a lot better on it than on a modern tv.
A picture doesn't do it justice but it's an amazing experience to play retro games on it.
I took a picture of Garou: MotW running on the AES.
l9SQfJOl.jpg
Sb3NhQtl.jpg

I was really happy to be able to fit my 3 fullsets (US Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64 and WiiU) on this game room.
I already ran out of space but luckily I will also be able to use the old game room in a few months.
I won't move everything back to it but a few things will go. I just don't know what will yet.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Wi3nf9.jpg

Finally got my desk, picking up the chair tomorrow.

Need to tidy cables and make the area a bit prettier. Going to install some shelves behind it and store some books there.

Deadlast

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a new home soon and need some ideas. I'm consolidating the gameroom to include video games, movies, Legos, and sleeper sofa (in case of guests). It's a 10ft x10ft space.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
It's nothing too fancy but my main room is almost complete now. It's my first appartment so apart from the sony stuff, everything is new.

AUDlTJ8.jpg

4mdVn9Q.jpg

9ZRNb8L.jpg

QY0jgcT.jpg

TlCWbVP.jpg

Rm9sbrV.jpg

Quality of pictures is not great so sorry about that, I'll try to take better one.

Bonus of how it looked before as I changed the floor and the kitchen (it was pictures from the sales)

3hvK7uD.jpg

ryoPRTM.jpg

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing too fancy but my main room is almost complete now. It's my first appartment so apart from the sony stuff, everything is new.

AUDlTJ8.jpg

4mdVn9Q.jpg

9ZRNb8L.jpg

QY0jgcT.jpg

TlCWbVP.jpg

Rm9sbrV.jpg

Quality of pictures is not great so sorry about that, I'll try to take better one.

Bonus of how it looked before as I changed the floor and the kitchen (it was pictures from the sales)

3hvK7uD.jpg

ryoPRTM.jpg
It used to look like Patrick Bateman's appartment from American Psycho. lol.
Nice job bringing it to the new millenium.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Love the hard wood flooring. Looks cozy as hell. Are those acrobatic cats on the bedspread?
It is super cozy.

And the'yre geometric dinosaurs. Yes, I'm a child.

EDIT: update, chair and rug obtained. I'd rather not have the rug, but housemates below me would probably prefer I had one.

FN44Uvm.jpg

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Needs an extended mouse pad and some book shelf speakers.

It needs somthing... putting up shelves behind it soon. And that white wall is going to have something hung on it.

I also need some desktop speakers, which will fill up some room.

I don't think I'd use a bigger mouse pad, I never find myself running out of room with this one.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
My humble NYC shoebox setup. My apt is small (but cozy) so I have to dual purpose my living room as an office space. When the PC is not in use I can enjoy the television from my couch.

Displays
-Alienware AW3418DW curved Gsync monitor
-55in LG C8 OLED TV

Audio
-LG SK9Y Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 soundbar
-LG SPK8-S rear channel speakers
-Blue Yeti mic
-Sennheiser HD800S headphones
-Topping D50 dac
-Topping A30 amp
-Aune X7S balanced amp

Peripherals
-Logitech G513 w/ GX blue
-Logitech G903 wireless mouse
-Logitech powerplay mouse pad
-Oculus Rift + 3 sensors

Lights
-Philips Hue Go
-Philips Hue Lightstrip

Not shown:
-PS4 pro

ShB27B8.jpg

aTxe9iM.jpg

GjElJwk.jpg

dOiymmi.jpg

iEOlI4j.jpg

Old setup w/ saggy gpu

Hx8uphg.jpg

Last edited:

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I honestly love it - If you did read my full rant (lol) I have two of them. I was never really an audiophile, but I got one so I could listen to the tv through the entire Sono's system in my house. After I got one for the living room I was blown away by the quality. You get what you pay for, and in this case the steep price of Sono's products is worth it. I think it sounds incredible. If you really want to be blown away, add a Sono's sub and you will never understand how you enjoyed movies without it. My only gripe with Sono's and specifically the sound bars they offer are the lack for Dolby Atmos. If that is a huge thing for you then I would not go with Sono's. For me, I again am not a crazy huge audiophile, do not have a dedicated theatre room so this does just fine and everyone that comes over and visits is impressed. And as a added little bonus, having Alexa support is awesome. Just by using the beam with your television she can turn it on and off via voice commands. #WhataTimeToBeAlive

EDIT: Oh.. and the simplicity of Sono's products if you are not familiar with them, is awesome. Very easy to set up, and the app is pretty nice!

Thank you for the impressions, thanks to your post and some reviews I read I bought a beam myself for the bedroom which arrived today. Sound quality is superb and is a night and day difference compared to the tv speakers. Now im looking forward to adding a sub in a few months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.