• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ridaxan

Oct 29, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Some awesome setups here. I had an additional room built on to my place late last year, but I'm still in the process of finalizing the contents. It still looks pretty vacant for the most part, but I'll post some shots when I've got it furnished.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
c26z35E.png

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
image0.jpg

Mine is not very fancy, Converted the second bedroom in our apartment to a mancave to share with my husband. There are two separate surround sound setups -- both 5.1 for my PC and for the TV, so we have surround sound mounted around the room no matter what setup we want to use. The space between the TV and daybed also is set up for VR.

Apologies for the random pillow that didn't have a pillowcase on it, I had just put it into the wash and didn't think to get rid of the pillow entirely. We have also since swapped desks.... let me find a picture of that setup:

20191226_011106.jpg

20191227_190028.jpg

There are framed Soulsborne posters on all the walls that can't be seen, and I don't have an easily accessible photo that captures them. Here's a picture of my cats as tax.

20191226_185710.jpg

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't understand how some people can have their TV's be so far away from where they sit when they play games. I need to be like 2-3 feet away. lol

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
pO2GLbA.jpg

3xHWQxn.jpg

Setup:
  • 65" LG C8
  • Yamaha RX-V481
  • Jamo S 805 and CS 83
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Playstation 4 Slim
  • PC (Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 970, 16 GB DDR4)
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Asus TM-AC1900
  • Netgear CM500
  • Audio-Technica LP60

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
just coping my post from last year as the only thing that has changed is I upgraded my iPad to the newest iPad Pro as well as I literally just got in the mail today a starter pack of the 13 Nanoleaf light squares that I want to make light art with above or around the tv as I think it really looks clean and cool. I had been out of work for a while so money was tight. I now need to get back into painting and putting any final touches. I am open to any commemts, critiques, or suggestions.

I will have to add a post with the Nanoleaf squares once they are up, however I really should paint before I put them up but I'm impatient so we will see.

POST FROM LAST YEAR:

Some amazing set ups here! I have followed this thread for a handful of years, and I love the clean look with a minimalistic approach! Anyway, figured I would add my contribution to this thread! I live in a two story home built in January of 2018, and until I have adequate funds to finish the basement and build a man cave I am using our loft in the upstairs for my "man loft"! (Wife has given me creative freedom lol!) Little bit about the below images. I have a 65" LG B7 OLED, XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO. Also not pictured is gaming pc that I can hook up to the tv but I have not used it in a while, so it is stored away in our spare room closet. I have my 2018 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar where I use daily, along with my iPad for light mobile stuff and some light gaming. Also not pictured is a handheld GBA with raspberry PI that I do all my retro gaming on which can connect via HDMI to my tv. I also have a Sonos set up, 2 Sono's Ones with Alexa/Google support as well as a Sono's beam sound bar. The one Sono's One in my pictures will be wall mounted eventually to match the other which is wall mounted. Everything in my house (for the most part) is controllable with voice commands of apps on my phone. All lights in the loft are Philips hue including the two lamps. I included one picture with random colors for ambiance purposes. My sectional also pulls out to a bed which is awesome for relaxing and watching movies or gaming. I still need to add a few more minor touches to spice this area up as well as paint (thinking a light gray for walls). Even tho the house is new I hate the carpet and after its worn it will also be replaced with a gray instead of cream. For now I did not take pictures, but I also have a second iPad I installed in the wall in my kitchen that acts a a controller for everything in my house, exterior cameras, lights, music, all smart home apps etc. I also have a 65" KS8000 in the living room with a 5.1 Sonos set up (Another Sonos beam sound bar, 2 Sono's One speakers, and a Sonos sub... let me tell you that thing BUMPS). I love Sonos because I have full home audio for tv or music, that can be split into different rooms at different volumes etc.

I will have to update this post or make another post at night time showing off the loft with full Philips hue color's (The blue/green picture looks better in person... I have an iPhone XS Max but for some reason the camera always makes the hue colors look funky in pictures.) One other random note, my end table drives my OCD nuts with how the decor is and how it looks, I may change it (Even tho I love the gold rhino and the mini plant. The little heart will always stay, its for my dog that passed last March and her paw is imprinted on it).

VIEW FROM WALKING UP THE STAIRS:

fuzOdQq.jpg

VIEW OF TV UNIT AND TV:

xBuQp88.jpg

HEAD ON VIEW FROM SECTIONAL WHERE I SIT TO GAME:

ftoCm70.jpg

A8cHCNa.jpg

VIEW OF CONSOLES IN TV UNIT:

sDzyCjy.jpg

VIEW OF SECTIONAL WHERE I LOUNGE TO GAME, WATCH TV & MOVIES, AND HANGOUT:

yOx6kks.jpg

ALTERNATE VIEW OF SECTIONAL:

z8aE11q.jpg

END TABLE WITH DECOR:

qZWnDGT.jpg

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
A number of updates from last year. Biggest being upgrading to an OLED. All consoles, other than the original wii are hooked up with most of the retro ones running through a framemeister via scart cables and none using less than an svideo cable. All signs except the n64 one are original store signs. Some came without lighting so they are illuminated with led strips. I still need to figure out some way to utilize the slanted ceiling.

HCaZQpV.jpg

THHg5Xy.jpg
b4e1Fqd.jpg
lHNWTdY.jpg
V4883ZI.jpg
A1nmvhp.jpg
GYyrQuK.jpg
QI2aqIi.jpg
Kjmxq6O.jpg
6SzHLz8.jpg
kOVVA12.jpg
KR9HalH.jpg
52F9dH8.jpg
qSCauhF.jpg
ikmD6Vh.jpg
sO2xdTJ.jpg
eZ990hW.jpg
TeWZtD7.jpg
edAHtfV.jpg
9E1QlK0.jpg

What a collection, and overall, comfortable looking setup. How old is that chair? Looks like the type that you just sink in and end up falling asleep.

ChronoMonarch

Apr 22, 2019
Everywhere At All Times
A number of updates from last year. Biggest being upgrading to an OLED. All consoles, other than the original wii are hooked up with most of the retro ones running through a framemeister via scart cables and none using less than an svideo cable. All signs except the n64 one are original store signs. Some came without lighting so they are illuminated with led strips. I still need to figure out some way to utilize the slanted ceiling.

HCaZQpV.jpg

THHg5Xy.jpg
b4e1Fqd.jpg
lHNWTdY.jpg
V4883ZI.jpg
A1nmvhp.jpg
GYyrQuK.jpg
QI2aqIi.jpg
Kjmxq6O.jpg
6SzHLz8.jpg
kOVVA12.jpg
KR9HalH.jpg
52F9dH8.jpg
qSCauhF.jpg
ikmD6Vh.jpg
sO2xdTJ.jpg
eZ990hW.jpg
TeWZtD7.jpg
edAHtfV.jpg
9E1QlK0.jpg
Uhm... Holy moly. Nice set up, and collection!

Badcoo

May 9, 2018

HCaZQpV.jpg

THHg5Xy.jpg
b4e1Fqd.jpg
lHNWTdY.jpg
V4883ZI.jpg
A1nmvhp.jpg
GYyrQuK.jpg
QI2aqIi.jpg
Kjmxq6O.jpg
6SzHLz8.jpg
kOVVA12.jpg
KR9HalH.jpg
52F9dH8.jpg
qSCauhF.jpg
ikmD6Vh.jpg
sO2xdTJ.jpg
eZ990hW.jpg
TeWZtD7.jpg
edAHtfV.jpg
9E1QlK0.jpg

Amazing! How are you liking OLED? Does it scale well with older games?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018

HCaZQpV.jpg

THHg5Xy.jpg
b4e1Fqd.jpg
lHNWTdY.jpg
V4883ZI.jpg
A1nmvhp.jpg
GYyrQuK.jpg
QI2aqIi.jpg
Kjmxq6O.jpg
6SzHLz8.jpg
kOVVA12.jpg
KR9HalH.jpg
52F9dH8.jpg
qSCauhF.jpg
ikmD6Vh.jpg
sO2xdTJ.jpg
eZ990hW.jpg
TeWZtD7.jpg
edAHtfV.jpg
9E1QlK0.jpg
Holy shit!

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
Just moved in so it's still work in progress, but it's getting there !

A few pics of my gaming room with my PC (2080 Super x i7 7700k) and an LG C9:

8pFVb7h.jpg

q7aTn3d.jpg

l14aCCI.jpg

qctmNcV.jpg

aCqsAAH.jpg

I have a blue rug on the way too :)

And this is in the living room where you can find the PS4 pro, the One X (mostly used as a UHD player), and the Switch hooked up to a LGC7:
(sorry the picture is a bit far away from the couch !)

hTCBuR5.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Bought it just last weekend in a store in Portland, just opposite Ground Kontrol arcade (Upper Playground & Fifty24PDX Gallery). Not at home right now though so I can't tell who the artist was.

EDIT:
Actually found it.

Not sure if it's something you could buy online though.

He sells some of his stuff online, unfortunately those two aren't available. Might still get something though since his stuff is absolutely lovely.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand

8pFVb7h.jpg

q7aTn3d.jpg

l14aCCI.jpg

qctmNcV.jpg

aCqsAAH.jpg

And this is in the living room where you can find the PS4 pro, the One X (mostly used as a UHD player), and the Switch hooked up to a LGC7:

hTCBuR5.jpg

I love the big picture of The Great Wave off Kanagawa in the gaming room.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018

8pFVb7h.jpg

q7aTn3d.jpg

l14aCCI.jpg

qctmNcV.jpg

aCqsAAH.jpg

hTCBuR5.jpg
Gaming room seems to be lacking a comfy chair! You cannot lounge /lean back.

Jan 21, 2019
just coping my post from last year as the only thing that has changed is I upgraded my iPad to the newest iPad Pro as well as I literally just got in the mail today a starter pack of the 13 Nanoleaf light squares that I want to make light art with above or around the tv as I think it really looks clean and cool. I had been out of work for a while so money was tight. I now need to get back into painting and putting any final touches. I am open to any commemts, critiques, or suggestions.

I will have to add a post with the Nanoleaf squares once they are up, however I really should paint before I put them up but I'm impatient so we will see.

POST FROM LAST YEAR:

Some amazing set ups here! I have followed this thread for a handful of years, and I love the clean look with a minimalistic approach! Anyway, figured I would add my contribution to this thread! I live in a two story home built in January of 2018, and until I have adequate funds to finish the basement and build a man cave I am using our loft in the upstairs for my "man loft"! (Wife has given me creative freedom lol!) Little bit about the below images. I have a 65" LG B7 OLED, XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO. Also not pictured is gaming pc that I can hook up to the tv but I have not used it in a while, so it is stored away in our spare room closet. I have my 2018 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar where I use daily, along with my iPad for light mobile stuff and some light gaming. Also not pictured is a handheld GBA with raspberry PI that I do all my retro gaming on which can connect via HDMI to my tv. I also have a Sonos set up, 2 Sono's Ones with Alexa/Google support as well as a Sono's beam sound bar. The one Sono's One in my pictures will be wall mounted eventually to match the other which is wall mounted. Everything in my house (for the most part) is controllable with voice commands of apps on my phone. All lights in the loft are Philips hue including the two lamps. I included one picture with random colors for ambiance purposes. My sectional also pulls out to a bed which is awesome for relaxing and watching movies or gaming. I still need to add a few more minor touches to spice this area up as well as paint (thinking a light gray for walls). Even tho the house is new I hate the carpet and after its worn it will also be replaced with a gray instead of cream. For now I did not take pictures, but I also have a second iPad I installed in the wall in my kitchen that acts a a controller for everything in my house, exterior cameras, lights, music, all smart home apps etc. I also have a 65" KS8000 in the living room with a 5.1 Sonos set up (Another Sonos beam sound bar, 2 Sono's One speakers, and a Sonos sub... let me tell you that thing BUMPS). I love Sonos because I have full home audio for tv or music, that can be split into different rooms at different volumes etc.

I will have to update this post or make another post at night time showing off the loft with full Philips hue color's (The blue/green picture looks better in person... I have an iPhone XS Max but for some reason the camera always makes the hue colors look funky in pictures.) One other random note, my end table drives my OCD nuts with how the decor is and how it looks, I may change it (Even tho I love the gold rhino and the mini plant. The little heart will always stay, its for my dog that passed last March and her paw is imprinted on it).

VIEW FROM WALKING UP THE STAIRS:

fuzOdQq.jpg

VIEW OF TV UNIT AND TV:

xBuQp88.jpg

ftoCm70.jpg

A8cHCNa.jpg

VIEW OF CONSOLES IN TV UNIT:

sDzyCjy.jpg

VIEW OF SECTIONAL WHERE I LOUNGE TO GAME, WATCH TV & MOVIES, AND HANGOUT:

yOx6kks.jpg

ALTERNATE VIEW OF SECTIONAL:

z8aE11q.jpg

END TABLE WITH DECOR:

qZWnDGT.jpg

How do these consoles not overheat?

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan

HCaZQpV.jpg

THHg5Xy.jpg
b4e1Fqd.jpg
lHNWTdY.jpg
V4883ZI.jpg
A1nmvhp.jpg
GYyrQuK.jpg
QI2aqIi.jpg
Kjmxq6O.jpg
6SzHLz8.jpg
kOVVA12.jpg
KR9HalH.jpg
52F9dH8.jpg
qSCauhF.jpg
ikmD6Vh.jpg
sO2xdTJ.jpg
eZ990hW.jpg
TeWZtD7.jpg
edAHtfV.jpg
9E1QlK0.jpg
Pack it up everyone.
No one is gonna top this for pure gaming heaven.
This room is centered around the love of games, rather than show rooms with some gaming stuff in it! (whilst they are very, very nice)

Last edited:

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
How do these consoles not overheat?

Great question and I wonder this myself sometimes lol! However; when I play either system I usually open the door to let airflow in. I also don't have the consoles pushed all the way back to allow for a little circulation.

I love this - subtle and elegant. Great job.

Thank you very much!! Means a lot coming from you, your posts/setup are always inspiring and look fantastic!

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Great question and I wonder this myself sometimes lol! However; when I play either system I usually open the door to let airflow in. I also don't have the consoles pushed all the way back to allow for a little circulation.
Your setup is beautiful. Have you been running your consoles for a long time in this placement? I have put my Xbox one X in a new Cabinet but the wooden backplate got really warm. Made me a little paranoid for both the Cabinet as the Xbox and now I have it placed with the rear towards me.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Your setup is beautiful. Have you been running your consoles for a long time in this placement? I have put my Xbox one X in a new Cabinet but the wooden backplate got really warm. Made me a little paranoid for both the Cabinet as the Xbox and now I have it placed with the rear towards me.

Thank you for the compliment!! I have been using this set up with my consoles in there for just over a year now! I personally haven't had any issues at all. It does get a wee bit warm in there but nothing to alarming or overly concerning (for me).

Oct 25, 2017
This gives me an idea for a closet at my own house. Also, +50 cool points for being a Dead Milkmen fan.

Thanks! All those albums are from my grades 6-8 and not all those albums are music I care for today, but for better or worse it was a very formative time for my music tastes. For example, that Living Color album is a bit of an embarrassment. Ironically, it was the most expensive album of the bunch, because who's looking for THAT record today? You can call it a skeleton in my closet. It was super fun thing to do.

That said, the dead milkmen rock and I feel no embarrassment!

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks! All those albums are from my grades 6-8 and not all those albums are music I care for today, but for better or worse it was a very formative time for my music tastes. For example, that Living Color album is a bit of an embarrassment. Ironically, it was the most expensive album of the bunch, because who's looking for THAT record today? You can call it a skeleton in my closet. It was super fun thing to do.

That said, the dead milkmen rock and I feel no embarrassment!
I really like this idea and might have to steal it from you. So many albums I used to love when I was a kid that I would never listen to now. Having a tribute to it in a closet is cool A/F.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
just a photo of my switch/ps4 and pc. not going to show you my room/house/cats.

j1gpE7F.jpg

V7y45WI.jpg

my pc specs:

NHrsbvX.jpg

Last edited:

Working_Stiff

Jan 1, 2018
What a collection, and overall, comfortable looking setup. How old is that chair? Looks like the type that you just sink in and end up falling asleep.

Thanks. The chair is about 10yrs old. I do fall asleep in it all the time. I keep toying with the idea of replacing it with a couch, but I can't find anything as comfortable.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I live in a closet. My setup is...functional. But it is nice to see how folks with more space (and way more cheddar) do their thing.

Working_Stiff

Jan 1, 2018
Pack it up everyone.
No one is gonna top this for pure gaming heaven.
This room is centered around the love of games, rather than show rooms with some gaming stuff in it! (whilst they are very, very nice)

Thanks. It has slowly been coming together over the past few years. I know there are a lot more impressive setups than mine out there, but my kids and I get a kick out of hanging out in my "office" (my wife, not so much).

Basslover

Jan 28, 2018
Extremely minimal: Father of Two gaming setup edition.

43 LG 1080p TV for both my switch and Cody couch laptop gaming via HDMI:
T8Flh.jpg

The switch here has a Bluetooth dongle to let me use my Xbox One S controller:

vGQ7o.jpg

My laptop here:
NFnLR.jpg

A Tongfang chassis, Eluktronics branded
144hz 1080p display
1060 6GB (full version)
16 GB RAM dual channel
1.1 TB NVME (1tb + 128 boot)

With the windows xbox dongle for my two old Xbox one (non-bluetooth) controllers
RBAP9.jpg

jfeLe.jpg

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry in advance for the inconsistencies in lighting and image quality:

973oXr1.jpg

7w9ge90.jpg

29ZbuJP.jpg

Also, for those of you who collect SW figures, is there anything that's a step above the Black Series? The only thing I can think of is SH Figuarts but they generally seem harder to come by and don't have as many characters. It seems like the Black Series is the most popular line, quality, price, availability, and all other factors considered. Wouldn't mind adding a few stormtrooper figurines throughout my setup.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Also, for those of you who collect SW figures, is there anything that's a step above the Black Series? The only thing I can think of is SH Figuarts but they generally seem harder to come by and don't have as many characters.

I mean, if you're specifically into figures, then hot toys is definitely a step (or a leap, rather) above all else: https://www.sideshow.com/hot-toys/star-wars

If you like statues as well, then sideshow's premium format line is what you're after: https://www.sideshow.com/brands/sta...show+collectibles&type=premium+format™+figure

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, if you're specifically into figures, then hot toys is definitely a step (or a leap, rather) above all else: https://www.sideshow.com/hot-toys/star-wars

If you like statues as well, then sideshow's premium format line is what you're after: https://www.sideshow.com/brands/star-wars?manufacturer=sideshow+collectibles&type=premium+format™+figure

The quality on those lines is excellent but I should have added that I'm really only interested in something around 6 - 8 inches. Anything above that just makes me think of a doll and seems too large for displaying on a desk or coffee table.