• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lamiafusion

Nov 24, 2017
Here i spend my holidays:

8vQIgUf.jpg

wqpa3ki.jpg

aUHyh0D.jpg

AVcVGky.jpg
Lemme get those bean bag deets

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping an eye on this thread. My home theater build is nearing completion and I need to outfit it with some furniture.

How did you hide the cords? Did you run them through the wall? If so, does it worry you that you may have voided your home insurance?

Why would running cords through walls affect home insurance?

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
How did you hide the cords? Did you run them through the wall? If so, does it worry you that you may have voided your home insurance?

Why would running cords through walls affect home insurance?

I believe it's the power cable when run by itself that's a problem for insurance / building bylaws - need a proper in-wall shielding. Just buy one of these to solve that:

You just have to cut through some drywall but that's easily replaced with doing that drywall hole mesh and sanding/painting even if rented when you leave.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's the power cable when run by itself that's a problem for insurance / building bylaws - need a proper in-wall shielding. Just buy one of these to solve that:

You just have to cut through some drywall but that's easily replaced with doing that drywall hole mesh and sanding/painting even if rented when you leave.

Okay, interesting. The only wires I've got going through my walls (other than standard outlets, etc) is some speaker cable and Ethernet cables.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States

Yeah this is exactly it. Probably depends on your local codes and regulations though. Still a good reminder for DIYers.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh a topic on cable management. Nice.
I redid my desk space recently with a new and much larger desk (no change to the gaming place).
When I did that I had to think of a (new) way to hide my cables (I hate visible cables). Everything Amazon had in store for me seemed half-assed, too big, to cheap or basically I had to get a new working desk with an integrated cable channel (I just bought the new wooden plate!). Hiding the cables in the wall was not an option, 100 year old solid walls... etc. The one visible cable has been hidden after the pic was taken, so please don't give me shit for that :)

I came up with a solution myself. Some leather, two tools (to cut 10mm and 4mm holes) coupled with LOXX (known as guitar strap security locks / also used in sailing apparently (2EUR per piece)) clip thingys did the trick.

Keeps all the cables hidden away, easy to add stuff later and with a minimal footprint. This worked better then I expected.
Leather strips are 9cm long, I spaced them 20cm apart.

Last edited:

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Recently moved, figured I would finally join this thread...
Very jealous of some of y'alls minimal setups. Eventually when the next house happens the goal is something like that.

Cord management is so difficult. When I do notice, I cannot stand it, but don't have many idea on how to "fix" it. Maybe when I move again i'll dedicate something to it. Trying to figure out how to add an LG 2020 OLED here!

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a house near the end of last year, and my setup is still very much in flux. I know what I want to do with it, but it's not there yet. Loving all the pictures of everyone else's stuff. It's always good for new ideas!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oh a topic on cable management. Nice.
If you like cable management then you'll love the following thread.

www.resetera.com

How to do Cable Management |OT| Unravel a New Era of Possibilities

With the holidays now over, many people have probably picked up a new TV and equipment to upgrade their setup. Plus with the new show off your gaming setup thread just launched, it's a perfect time to tackle what seems to be an impossible and ugly mess. Cable management is a task that can be...

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017
Current 4.2 setup January 2020:

LG 65" B8 OLED
Sonorous Studio ST-160B media console
Energy Connoisseur C9 / C5 speakers
SVS 22-31 PCi Subwoofers
Emotiva XPA-5 200x5 amp
Emotiva XMC-1 processor
LG UBK90 blu ray player
PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch
Belkin PureAV PF60 front and back
Medialight Bias LED light strip

Pretty happy with this setup. Everything is calibrated and looks and sounds amazing. Room has a very nice acoustic response with the heavy rug, couch and bare walls.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Ignore the small clutter but this is my current setup. With a little bit of cleanup and after donating some of my unused stuff, this will hopefully look a bit nicer haha

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
Here's mine. It's really a workspace first and foremost. The machine is based around audio/music production, but I recently slapped an RTX 2060 in it to play games in between production sessions.

Cables are a mess back there, but it's at least accessible for when I need to move things. Old 32" TV on the right that's usually got a twitch stream or podcast playing on it.
r50dpKV.jpg

Closer view of the main desk. Complete with baby monitor! The headphones are Sennheiser HD800s.
qgLh0jV.jpg

And here are the PC specs. It's not a gaming machine, but it does alright! Us composer/producers need lots of RAM and SSD storage.

Just wanted to compliment you on your choice of speakers ;)

Very clean overall setup compared to mine. What kind of music are you producing?

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Not much of a change since last year. Would take a pic of my home office, but its just a mess of books, comics, and stock boxes everywhere most of the time.
2020lounge.jpg

Probably need a bigger TV as I plonk a dining chair in front of it to play most of the time, but going to Japan instead this year. Priorities.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wife and I like to game together, so we have the dual TV setup going and love it. One switch dock and an Xbox One on each TV.
Only one PS4 though.
HKQMtfZ.jpg

Then I have my office and my PC and Retro stuff is setup in there along with another Switch dock.
Wife likes to chill on the couch and play something while I'm PC gaming (or stuck working late)

UguTunx.jpg
PX8PorM.jpg
tfHwH8t.jpg

7Q2Bvtl.jpg

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some amazing setups here, hot damn.

Mine is very simple by comparison to some with nothing flashy really other than the RGB lightshow! I work from home full time so my setup is actually 2 setups on one desk, my gaming PC and my work laptop which is hooked up to the dock you can see on the right hand side of the first picture. The right hand monitor has 2 inputs, HDMI when I'm using my gaming PC and VGA when I'm working so it switches between the two and the keyboard and mouse on the right side of the first pic swing around for work and back when I'm not.

When I'm working I usually either have a Twitch stream on/single player game on pause/multiplayer game in lobby on the left and work on the right. Then when it comes to the evenings I switch to HDMI for extended desktop space as well as having a stream on in the background occasionally while I play stuff.

ybptzbs.jpg

xndCMjH.jpg

3sWWskp.jpg

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
would post my set up in the current house, but I think I'll wait until we move into the bigger spot. I plan on creating a his and hers themed gameroom up stairs for both me and my GF to play In, instead of having her play in the living room and me currently in my man cave. Any recommendations for a tv stand that can accommodate 2 55 inch TVs or should I just look into getting two separate stands?